Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'Best is yet to come!' - Josh Sheehan signs new two-year deal with Wanderers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'Best is yet to come!' - Josh Sheehan signs new two-year deal with Wanderers 16853389

Josh Sheehan doesn’t want to be watching the promotion party from outside next season.

The Wales international has signed a new two-year deal with the Whites and hopes to be celebrating Championship football next summer.

After missing out to Barnsley in the play-off semi-final last month Sheehan says there is an extra motivation in the camp as he looks ahead to his third season in Bolton colours.

“When I first signed, the goal was always to get promoted and we are working towards that goal,” he said.

“We got close this year and next year that’s going to be our target and anything less we won’t be happy.

“I’m sure most of the boys will have watched the (play-off) final thinking ‘that should have been us’.

“Unfortunately, things didn’t go our way but there is going to be fire in our bellies going into next season, making sure we’re on the right end of the promotion chase.”

Sheehan is looking forward to a full summer on the training ground, having had to take things slowly 12 months ago on his recovery from a serious knee injury.

The former Newport County playmaker finished the season as a first team regular and also started the Papa Johns Trophy final win against Plymouth Argyle, pushing his claim for a new deal.

League One rivals Exeter City had been linked with his signature but Sheehan was keen to stay put in Lancashire.

“As soon as the club mentioned it, we got to work on agreeing a deal and getting it over the line and I’m looking forward now to next season,” he said.

“Probably, for me, last season ended too early. I was getting back to where I feel I can be, and even better, and so hopefully the best of me is yet to come.

“I feel like I’m coming into my peak years – at a good age, experience, and the amount of games I’ve had. And I feel the way we play can get the best out of me and I’m hoping I show that in the next couple of years.”

Wanderers have also offered a contract extension to striker Jon Dadi Bodvarsson - with hopes high that the Iceland international will follow suit and commit his future to the club.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum