Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New TV football arrangements

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New TV football arrangements Empty New TV football arrangements Sat Jun 10 2023, 15:17

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Actually, I'm not really sure what the new arrangements are, other than they've changed from the Sky/EFL setup I've been watching for the last couple of seasons, and which I was accessing through my VPN.
I'd appreciate any advice, as I'm already twitching at the though of not being able to watch the games. (only missed a couple of games over the two seasons).

2New TV football arrangements Empty Re: New TV football arrangements Sat Jun 10 2023, 15:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It's too early to say yet Glos, as no information has yet come out.

I imagine in will be something along the lines of iFollow but all done through the club rather than the EFL.

If so I imagine they would need people to register with them in order to use the new service.

The EFL have recently agreed again not to screen Saturday 3.00pm kick offs in the UK but presume they will still screen them for the overseas market.

How if the club has your true address squares with you watching it from 'Finland' every Saturday, I don't know but I suspect they won't be looking too closely to police the system  (indeed Neil Hart stated that the club was in favour of screening Saturday 3.00pm kick offs to those of us in the UK (as well as those of us in Finland!).

I imagine it will all work out in the end but for now we simply don't know any details (or how to work around them when we do!).

Here's a thread we had about this when it was first reported - but its really just informative rather than stating any actual details.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk/t25402-wanderers-tv-website-and-other-things#452551

3New TV football arrangements Empty Re: New TV football arrangements Sat Jun 10 2023, 15:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:It's too early to say yet Glos, as no information has yet come out.

I imagine in will be something along the lines of iFollow but all done through the club rather than the EFL.

If so I imagine they would need people to register with them in order to use the new service.

The EFL have recently agreed again not to screen Saturday 3.00pm kick offs in the UK but presume they will still screen them for the overseas market.

How if the club has your true address squares with you watching it from 'Finland' every Saturday, I don't know but I suspect they won't be looking too closely to police the system  (indeed Neil Hart stated that the club was in favour of screening Saturday 3.00pm kick offs to those of us in the UK (as well as those of us in Finland!).

I imagine it will all work out in the end but for now we simply don't know any details (or how to work around them when we do!).

Here's a thread we had about this when it was first reported - but its really just informative rather than stating any actual details.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk/t25402-wanderers-tv-website-and-other-things#452551
'Finland'? 
New TV football arrangements Hacker

4New TV football arrangements Empty Re: New TV football arrangements Sat Jun 10 2023, 21:23

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Thanks Sluffy. i didn't realise my typing was so bad. I thought I typed Luxembourg  Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum