Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are we prudes in the UK? If so why?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Are we prudes in the UK? If so why? Empty Are we prudes in the UK? If so why? Fri Jun 16 2023, 18:45

Mad Dog

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

When I was on holiday earlier this month I was at lake side places where people were sunbathing and going into the lake swimming. In about 5 days by different lakes in Switzerland and Italy I saw three guys get totally naked in public with lots of people about when changing into their swimming shorts and about eight women topless when changing into their swimming wear. One woman in her 20s was really attractive and three times she took her top off to put a different top on, there were loads of people about, she didn’t seem to care. 
Slightly embarrassing one woman saw me looking which made me feel like a right perv but I couldn’t help but look. 
I couldn’t get my head around why they were not bothered being seen without clothes. 
Are we prudes in the UK and see nudity as totally sexual whereas other nations don’t see it as a big deal? Have you seen similar things… were you able to not look?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I tend to think how we are brought up and the weather determines how prudish we are.

For instance if you are brought up in a family of nudists, then seeing naked people or being naked at the beach wouldn't bother you.

As for the weather, if you live in a hot country you are likely to see more skin than if you live in a cold one.

I guess religion is a factor also, Muslim's tend to keep their women covered up and there is always some repressed Catholic or two knocking about.

Tbh the naked and topless I tend to see on holiday seem to be the fat and over fifties and I would have much preferred it if they had kept their clothes on!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some people are disgusting. I remember one terrific holiday a few years ago, and the three girls in the next door hotel room didn't even bother covering their keyhole.
I had to wear an eye patch for a week when I got home.
Disgraceful.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Some people are disgusting. I remember one terrific holiday a few years ago, and the three girls in the next door hotel room didn't even bother covering their keyhole.
I had to wear an eye patch for a week when I got home.
Disgraceful.

Ha ha ha ha

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum