Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - Dempsey signs new 3 year contract

+2
Whitesince63
Sluffy
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Wanderers are delighted to confirm that key midfielder Kyle Dempsey has signed a new long-term contract to extend his stay with the Whites.

Dempsey has put pen to paper on a deal running until June, 2026 in another pre-season boost for Wanderers.

The 27-year-old – who had a year left to run on his existing contract – follows striker Jon Dadi Bodvarsson and midfielder Josh Sheehan in agreeing new terms at the Toughsheet Community Stadium and the arrival of four new faces in manager Ian Evatt’s squad.

Dempsey, who joined Wanderers from Gillingham in January, 2022, underlined his position as a pivotal part of Evatt’s plans with an outstanding run of games in the 2022/23 season.

The former Carlisle, Huddersfield and Fleetwood man weighed in with six goals and three assists as Wanderers finished the campaign in the League One play-off places.

Dempsey also confirmed his place in Wanderers’ history with the opening goal in the Whites’ Wembley win over Plymouth Argyle in the Papa Johns Trophy final and is delighted to have committed his future to the club by signing a new, improved deal.

“I’m absolutely buzzing to extend my time here”, said Dempsey, who is currently with Wanderers in their pre-season training camp in Portugal.

“The gaffer spoke to me about how well I’ve done this year and he wanted to reward me for that, so I’m really happy.

“I think I had a frustrating start here, but in the last six months I’ve been able to show the real me and show everyone the player I can be.”

With 47 appearances across all competitions last season, Dempsey has become a vital cog in the Wanderers’ machine in an attacking or central midfield role and says that extending his stay was something he didn’t have to think twice about.

“There was no doubt in my mind about the decision. This is a project that I’m excited about in terms of how we’re moving forward as a team, the coaching staff and obviously the fans as well, who have been massive for us,” he added.

“This club is only going in one direction. I’m still learning every day - even at 27 years of age - so I’m constantly looking to improve and help the team.

“We all have the same goal of wanting to get promoted. Last year we fell just short but we’re back in now and everyone’s full concentration is on getting this club back to where it should be.

“There’s a hunger there to give the fans that promotion. We know how it feels to be up there for most of the season but, for us, we want to be looking at the automatic places this year.”

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Good news, he really came on last season after a quiet start so let’s hope now his legal troubles are behind him he can go up another rung next season and probably add a few more goals to his game?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I think (in theory anyway) that he currently is still wearing a tag and serving a night-time curfew?

The court case was only in April.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Good business IMO. I think he will be a better player next year

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He was our best player after Christmas so good news he's signed on again.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Decent player.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good to see

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]