Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers striker Victor Adeboyejo: I am aiming high

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers striker Victor Adeboyejo: I am aiming high 16951012

Victor Adeboyejo will setting a high bar for himself and Wanderers this season.

By his own admission, the striker had some teething trouble adjusting to a new club, style of play and high expectations following his £450,000 move from Burton Albion in January.

He might have finished the campaign with a healthy 18 goals for the two clubs – but even Adeboyejo concedes that Bolton fans have yet to see him at his best.

The striker returned for pre-season with a point to prove and, crucially, valuable time to work with his team-mates and the coaching staff on a plan he hopes will result in promotion to the Championship by May.

“There are never down moments, only lessons,” he said. “That is what we are doing as a team right now, building on the lessons we learned from last season.

“It’s never easy joining a club halfway through the season, especially one that had enjoyed some success.

“So, trying to learn how the manager wants us to play, what players are like, what they can do and how I can fit into that. It is nice to start at zero, pick up as much as I can, then put my input into the team as well, which will be interesting.

“For personal achievements it is always about asking ‘can you do one more?’ That is the aim this season. I want to enjoy being in a team that can achieve success and show what I can do. That is my hunger right now.”

Adeboyejo and his fellow strikers will be expected to lead the way in a team which is addressing last season’s goalscoring issues as a major priority.

Ultimately, the lack of a cutting edge cost them over two legs against Barnsley in the play-off semi-final and may have left a few more points behind in the regular season too.

Adeboyejo is happy to lead the charge – and believes automatic promotion is a realistic target for Ian Evatt’s side this time around.

“You have to aim as high as you can. If you fall, you fall on the clouds,” he said.

“I am going to make sure I am competing every day, every training session, and wherever that gets me I know it is going to be high and I am really looking forward to it.

“Something I was looking forward to was to score and hear the noise the crowd makes. It is just as amazing as I imagined it to be.

“To have that support going into next season will be massive for us and it is a credit to the club and to the fans on the number of season tickets sold. Hopefully they can see a very successful season.”

Source

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Try aiming a bit lower, maybe in the goal, that might help  Very Happy

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

“It’s never easy joining a club halfway through the season, especially one that had enjoyed some success."
What a load of cobblers! Maybe next time, Vic, you should join a struggling side and see how that works out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum