Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Supporters Trust Crowdfunding appeal - for £5,000

3 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Why?

That's my first thought, is the club hard up for £5k or something?

I would think not.

I believe the club is still a long way from being financially sustainable but £5k would be just a drop in the ocean in comparison?

So why are they doing this???

Anyway...

Weʼre raising £5,000 to help make following the Wanderers an even better experience. This is the BWFCST Fundraiser - let’s do this together!

Introduction

The recent Wanderers Bond was a huge success raising circa £4.5m towards projects at the Club. The minimum investment of £500 meant that some fans couldn’t or chose not to participate; yet we know there are still many fans keen to help the club in whatever way possible.

That is why we are launching a Supporters' Trust fundraiser as an additional and direct fundraiser for fans who couldn’t or chose not to participate in the bond scheme.

How will it work?

Through this JustGiving page, you can make a non-refundable donation of whatever amount you feel you can afford. No amount is too small, and all funds raised will go directly to the Club to support specific projects.

What will the money be spent on?

The fundraiser will run for the next few weeks and once the final fundraising amount is known, the Trust will agree with the club the shortlist of projects this fundraiser could support.

This could be a contribution to FanZone enhancements, Academy facilities or Stadium improvements as examples.

That shortlist will be shared with Supporters' Trust members by email, and fans via Facebook & Twitter via a poll for YOU to vote for YOUR chosen project. The project receiving the most votes will benefit from whatever money is raised.

This is another great opportunity for fans to play a part in building the future of Bolton Wanderers.

Please get involved if you feel you can.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Really embarrassing.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think it’s a good idea, some people may want to financially contribute to help support one of the club’s initiatives. £500 may have been too much to do that, so offers those with less cash to spare to help.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I think it’s a good idea, some people may want to financially contribute to help support one of the club’s initiatives.  £500 may have been too much to do that, so offers those with less cash to spare to help.

So the poor, give what little they can spare to a multi-million business, run by multi-millionaires, whose top players have earned over a million in their careers to buy some bits and pieces that the club somehow can't find the spare change for???

Fwiw the club received just short of £14m income in their last filed accounts and £5,000 which the ST is aiming at amounts to 0.036% of that amount - or in other words a tiny, tiny, tiny fraction of the income they already had!

Sounds to me a bit like Robin Hood in reverse - the poor willingly giving to the very, very rich!!!

Anyway it's their money and if they want to give it to the ST to buy a few training bibs and a corner flag or whatever, well it is entirely up to them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum