Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers still looking for 'one or two' more deals, says Evatt

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers still looking for 'one or two' more deals, says Evatt 17060907

Wanderers are still looking for “one or two” more additions this summer – but Ian Evatt insists they will only enter the market for the right players.

The Whites have already brought in eight new faces this summer, with Paris Maghoma most recently joining on a season-long loan from Premier League Brentford.

“I think one or two more is what we’re looking at and targeting,” Evatt told BBC Radio Manchester.

“Obviously, that will depend on if the players become available because we won’t just sign for the sake of it.

“I think we have got a really good squad of players and the squad is pretty well balanced at the minute.

“If we can improve that, we absolutely will. We are also willing to be patient and wait for the next window.

“Obviously, with the change in rules and now the ability to sign in the foreign market, it has changed things for us as well.

“We are putting a lot of work in and seeing how we can utilise that market and improve the squad as best we can.”

The Bolton boss admits it has been a difficult transfer window in some ways but is pleased with the business they have done so far.

“Obviously we like players who are multi-functional and can move in and out of positions,” he added. “Everyone really needs to be comfortable on the ball because we are an in-possession team, but we want the athletic capabilities to be able to press high as well.

“We ask for a lot in recruitment and obviously it’s really challenging to get the ones we want. This transfer window in particular has been a different one.

“We have had to be a lot more patient than we have been used to in the past. We are chasing targets now who have the opportunity to play in the Championship and we are in a battle with those Championship clubs to get their signature.

“What we’ve done really well I think – myself, Chris (Markham) and the rest of the team – is influenced these players to come to Bolton Wanderers for loads of reasons really.

“For the size of the club, the fan base, the history, the way we play football, the success we have had in recent times, and having the pressure and expectancy to win every week.

“That is something that not many other teams can offer, so it is very exciting and we are looking forward to working with the new ones we have signed.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum