Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'I will back them all day' - Evatt on building from the back

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'I will back them all day' - Evatt on building from the back 17057228

Ian Evatt wants his Wanderers side to play without fear when building from the back.

West Brom’s third goal at the weekend came from a loose pass by Nathan Baxter, allowing Brandon Thomas-Asante to sweep into the empty net.

Evatt has challenged his side to be positive in those areas and insists he will back them to the hilt if mistakes occur.

“That hiccup is not for Nathan Baxter, that is on me,” he told The Bolton News. “I ask my players to play like that.

“They are the decisions they make and I will back them all day, every day. That is what I ask of them and if it goes wrong, that decision is on me.

“I don’t want Nathan to fear anything, it is about being positive and doing things our way.

“That is our way, unfortunately it didn’t go for us (against West Brom) but it didn’t cost us anything which is the most important thing.”

Max Conway came off the bench for the final few minutes against the Baggies, and Evatt is pleased with the youngster’s development.

He is excited about the youngster’s potential but admits he probably needs another loan over the coming season.

The Bolton boss hailed the progress made by Matt Craddock and the B Team over the past 12 months and hopes more young players will be knocking on his door in the coming weeks and months.

“Max has developed all the time, we think he is going to be a really good player,” Evatt continued.

“I think he probably needs another loan - possibly in League Two - to get him where we need him to be, both technically and physically.

“But he is a player to get excited about. I think he has got a bright future and it is great to see what the B Team are doing. They are a completely different outfit to what they were last year.

“The development in those guys, and the great work from Matt Craddock and Tuttey (Andrew Tutte), it is absolutely brilliant to see.

“If we can keep that forward momentum, sooner or later they are going to be knocking on my door expecting to be with the first team, which is exactly why we set it up in the first place.”

Craddock’s side have shown plenty of promising signs during pre-season, recording emphatic wins against non-league opponents in Longridge Town and Atherton Colls.

The young Whites also ran out 3-0 winners against an Everton Academy side at the weekend thanks to goals from Arran Pettifer, Finlay Lockett and Ben Andreucci.

Craddock’s side head to Warrington Rylands on Tuesday, August 1 (7.30pm). Spectators are able to attend the fixture at Gorsey Lane, with tickets priced at £2 and free entry available for under-16s.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum