Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The path not taken.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The path not taken. Empty The path not taken. Thu Aug 10 2023, 09:00

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When I was 16, my doctor, an Irishman, asked if I'd like a job on his family farm, in Kildare.
They also bred horses, and was a pretty big set up. He was a family friend and thought I might like the opportunity to expand my horizons.
Sadly, the thought of being away from family, friends, and the Wanderers, meant that I decided against it.
I look back now and think it was an opportunity wasted. My life could have been completely different'
I still kick myself for my lack of courage.
Do any of you lot wonder about an opportunity not taken?

2The path not taken. Empty Re: The path not taken. Thu Aug 10 2023, 09:38

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I did a sound engineering course many years ago which i passed but i didn't really stick with it and try hard enough to make a career of it. It is a hard business to get into anyway but i wish i'd made more of an effort to get a job in either a studio or in a gig venue.

I ended up drifting back to my old line of work in Pharmacy and really hate it now  Crying or Very sad

3The path not taken. Empty Re: The path not taken. Thu Aug 10 2023, 22:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Many years ago I was waiting for Kate Moss to pick me up for a show we were doing in Milan but, as usual, she was late. While waiting I stumbled upon the BBC 606 football forum, a place where I could abuse bellends 24 hours a day for their lack of football knowledge. One of those bellends was sluffy.

That lead to Burnden Aces and then to Bolton Nuts with it's plethora of simpletons like Bonce, Norpig & KP.

If Kate Moss kept better time my life could have been so different.

4The path not taken. Empty Re: The path not taken. Fri Aug 11 2023, 00:42

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha the Rolling Stone of Nuts!

(she gathers no Moss...)!

5The path not taken. Empty Re: The path not taken. Fri Aug 11 2023, 11:12

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Natasha the Rolling Stone of Nuts!

(she gathers no Moss...)!

The path not taken. Giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47kt6vu7ewummq0ce687m9gpxeggozh1lfw93zeyn8&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum