Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Leythers at Wewmbley

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Leythers at Wewmbley Empty The Leythers at Wewmbley Fri Aug 11 2023, 02:02

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'm off to Wembley Stadium on Saturday for the RL Cup Final.  
I know most RL fans on here support Wigan, I'm not a massive RL fan but I used to support them myself, (my brother in law used to pressgang me into going quite regularly but he died 5 years ago and I haven't been since.)
Given what's gone on with the football side of things I have tried to convert my allegiances to both Warrington and St Helens but it doesn't really seem to work.
I still seem to find myself wanting the Pie Eaters to win when I watch them and that makes me feel really guilty so the re-emergence of Leigh is much welcomed.
I'm old enough to remember the Alex Murphy days and their last Wembley trip so I feel completely entitled to become an honorary Leyther for the day on Saturday.
And by the way at £20 a ticket for a Wembley cup final football could learn a lot from Rugby League.
Anyone else going?

2The Leythers at Wewmbley Empty Re: The Leythers at Wewmbley Fri Aug 11 2023, 08:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not a big lover of egg chasing, i have been to a few Wigan games but that was years ago. It would be nice to see a team like Leigh win for a change though.

3The Leythers at Wewmbley Empty Re: The Leythers at Wewmbley Fri Aug 11 2023, 11:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As a Salford Red Devil, I'm torn as to who to hate more. Luckily. I don't have to watch it.

4The Leythers at Wewmbley Empty Re: The Leythers at Wewmbley Sat Aug 12 2023, 01:28

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

You surprise me Bonce. From your  previous comments I had you down as a Warriors fan.

5The Leythers at Wewmbley Empty Re: The Leythers at Wewmbley Mon Aug 14 2023, 10:25

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I only watched the extra time of the game after the Bolton game finished but well done Leigh!

Didn't they used to be the Centurions? Did they only change recently?

6The Leythers at Wewmbley Empty Re: The Leythers at Wewmbley Mon Aug 14 2023, 18:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Seems the owner changed the name a year or two ago.

Apparently the 'Centurions' name was NOT about Roman soldiers but that the club had been in existence for 100 years.

The now owner Derek Beaumont changed the name to 'leopards' to be more 'commercial'.

Quite a fun video of 'Derek' here - well worth watching.

Challenge Cup: Meet Leigh Leopards owner Derek Beaumont

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/rugby-league/66474010

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum