Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-4 Wigan

+6
gloswhite
Sluffy
Whitesince63
karlypants
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bolton 0-4 Wigan Empty Bolton 0-4 Wigan Thu Aug 17 2023, 13:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggest game of the season.

Both sides unbeaten.

Our record in derbies under Evans isn't great, who can forget the 4-0 home drubbing by Wigan or the capitulation at non-league Stockport in the cup.

Our best striker is suspended so no doubt Nlundulu will take his place. I've seen plenty of effort from the guy but absolutely no quality at all. Personally I'd start Bod every time over Nlundulu.

It'll be tight, but I think we'll lose.

1-2 Wigan.

2Bolton 0-4 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Thu Aug 17 2023, 14:24

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't think we will lose this, we are in too good form at the moment. I can see it being a draw though.

3Bolton 0-4 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Thu Aug 17 2023, 14:44

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can’t they appeal his red card so it postpones his 1 match ban at least?

4Bolton 0-4 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Thu Aug 17 2023, 14:44

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I can’t see anything other than another comfortable win. Forget history, neither Wigan nor Wanderers teams are remotely similar to two years ago. We’ll win because this year we really do look like the real deal and Wigan aren’t anywhere near the team they were. I don’t see us not continuing where we left off and I think with threats coming down both flanks plus our midfield I just don’t see Wigans young and inexperienced defence and midfield being able to cope. Their only threat is Charlie Wyke, still very much a goalscorer but it’s for Rico to tie him up and I believe he will so it’s business as normal for me and another comfortable win for the Whites to maintain our place at the top.

5Bolton 0-4 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Thu Aug 17 2023, 15:25

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:Can’t they appeal his red card so it postpones his 1 match ban at least?

No, you can appeal a straight red but not two yellows.

Apparently Evatt is looking into if he can appeal his red card.

6Bolton 0-4 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Thu Aug 17 2023, 15:32

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
karlypants wrote:Can’t they appeal his red card so it postpones his 1 match ban at least?

No, you can appeal a straight red but not two yellows.

Apparently Evatt is looking into if he can appeal his red card.

Well that’s a bit of a shame then.

7Bolton 0-4 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Thu Aug 17 2023, 15:43

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:I can’t see anything other than another comfortable win. Forget history, neither Wigan nor Wanderers teams are remotely similar to two years ago. We’ll win because this year we really do look like the real deal and Wigan aren’t anywhere near the team they were. I don’t see us not continuing where we left off and I think with threats coming down both flanks plus our midfield I just don’t see Wigans young and inexperienced defence and midfield being able to cope. Their only threat is Charlie Wyke, still very much a goalscorer but it’s for Rico to tie him up and I believe he will so it’s business as normal for me and another comfortable win for the Whites to maintain our place at the top.

I think it is wrong to underestimate them.

Although youngsters, Tickle (their keeper) and Hughes (centre back) seem to high quality players, Smith (midfield general) is kind of like our keeper in a way - both were kept on a long time by very good clubs (Arsenal and Chelsea respectively) both didn't play for their clubs but were repeatedly loaned out to other clubs instead - but have obviously been highly regarded and kept on by Arsenal and Chelsea but clearly aren't now going to break into their teams and let go for 'free' to allow them to find regular first team football.  I suspect both are at least Championship quality players.

As you say as well, Wyke is now considered healthy enough to be a regular starter and he seems to still know where the goals are.

I certainly don't think Wigan will be a push over at all.

I'm going for a win for us, probably only by the odd goal though.

8Bolton 0-4 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Thu Aug 17 2023, 15:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:We’ll win because this year we really do look like the real deal

We've beaten Lincoln, Cheltenham & Fleetwood, that hardly makes us the "real deal". We were outplayed for long periods by Fleetwood.

Dial back the happy clapping please.

9Bolton 0-4 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Thu Aug 17 2023, 16:00

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Whitesince63 wrote:We’ll win because this year we really do look like the real deal

We've beaten Lincoln, Cheltenham & Fleetwood, that hardly makes us the "real deal". We were outplayed for long periods by Fleetwood.

Very Happy

10Bolton 0-4 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Thu Aug 17 2023, 16:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whilst we are currently on good form, I can only see a draw out of this game which is slightly better than last year. Plus we will be missing Dion Charles.

Bolton 1-1 Pie eaters.

11Bolton 0-4 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Fri Aug 18 2023, 11:49

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

This will be a good opportunity to try different options up front, because I genuinely don't believe we have a settled attack yet, and Dion often looks as though he's playing a different game to the rest. Having said that, they seem to be working well together. 
I still don't understand why Nlundulu, once he's received the ball, always runs into the nearest opposition player, especially, if there is a group of them, and allows the move to break down. He seems to beat one, and then heads straight into the next one.

12Bolton 0-4 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Fri Aug 18 2023, 14:08

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

We weren’t outplayed by Fleetwood we were 3 up and it should have been 4 for Gods sake. We absolutely murdered all 3 of those teams and took the foot off to make changes in the second half of each game. We’ll see tomorrow shall we because if we don’t beat the mighty Wiggin we’re crap. Ridiculous, another comprehensive win for the Whites tomorrow even without Dion.

13Bolton 0-4 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Sat Aug 19 2023, 11:53

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

14Bolton 0-4 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Sat Aug 19 2023, 12:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

15Bolton 0-4 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Sat Aug 19 2023, 13:30

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Gethin Jones has been fucking appalling cost us two goals cant fucking pass to save his life Toal cant get back quick enough for me!!!  ..dunno..

16Bolton 0-4 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Sat Aug 19 2023, 14:21

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What an absolute shit show. I knew it wouldn't be great but I didn't expect this!

I expect that 63 has come back down to earth with a bang after predicting us to win! Mad

17Bolton 0-4 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Sat Aug 19 2023, 14:36

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Forrester instead of Jones next game!!!! Jones was a Fucking Disgrace!!!

18Bolton 0-4 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Sat Aug 19 2023, 15:36

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

No complaints here - beaten by a better team that's all.
They were faster, better passing, strikers moving forward instead of backs to goal. If not for points deductions Wigan would be top of the league right now. 
Agree with Bryan 458 above - Jones never passed to a white shirt all day and the crossing was poor. I say the same about Iredale - poor game.
Overall the effort was there but lack of quality told today.

19Bolton 0-4 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Sat Aug 19 2023, 19:25

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

karlypants wrote:What an absolute shit show. I knew it wouldn't be great but I didn't expect this!

I expect that 63 has come back down to earth with a bang after predicting us to win! Mad
With a big bang Karly, what an utter disgrace that was and sadly not one player came out with an ounce of credit. Weak, clueless and absolutely no desire it seemed to turn the tide. Wigan must have wondered how ever we could have won nine points it was so easy for them. To be fair to Wigan though they were absolutely excellent and I completely underestimated them, they fully deserved their win and on that form it surely won’t be long before they’re above us in the table despite their 8 point deficit. Ian really needs to have a think before the window ends because this team needs some bottle added to it if promotion really is the aim.

20Bolton 0-4 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Sat Aug 19 2023, 20:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
karlypants wrote:What an absolute shit show. I knew it wouldn't be great but I didn't expect this!

With a big bang Karly, what an utter disgrace that was and sadly not one player came out with an ounce of credit. Weak, clueless and absolutely no desire it seemed to turn the tide. Wigan must have wondered how ever we could have won nine points it was so easy for them. To be fair to Wigan though they were absolutely excellent and I completely underestimated them, they fully deserved their win and on that form it surely won’t be long before they’re above us in the table despite their 8 point deficit. Ian really needs to have a think before the window ends because this team needs some bottle added to it if promotion really is the aim.

Promotion should be the aim end of. I don’t know how the hell we are surviving financially if we keep bumming around league 1.

Evatt really does need to have a look at the transfer market again with Sharon looking deep into her pockets.

Either way, today has been a nightmare!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum