Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bob trapping for amateurs.

+3
Ten Bobsworth
Norpig
boltonbonce
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bob trapping for amateurs. Empty Bob trapping for amateurs. Fri Oct 06 2023, 13:26

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have a limited company with 2 directors - turnover 100K

A family member would like to be an angel investor investing 300K

We are thinking of a share capital raise. I appreciate the issues of share dilution and potential CGT if the shares are sold for the family member but are there any taxes due for the company on the capital raise?

Are there any other tax efficient methods of raising this capital?

2Bob trapping for amateurs. Empty Re: Bob trapping for amateurs. Fri Oct 06 2023, 14:15

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is this in English? I'm proper thick me  ..dunno..

3Bob trapping for amateurs. Empty Re: Bob trapping for amateurs. Fri Oct 06 2023, 14:30

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:I have a limited company with 2 directors - turnover 100K

A family member would like to be an angel investor investing 300K

We are thinking of a share capital raise. I appreciate the issues of share dilution and potential CGT if the shares are sold for the family member but are there any taxes due for the company on the capital raise?

Are there any other tax efficient methods of raising this capital?
You need to talk to an accountant, Boncey. Why don't you try Biggish Dave on Wandererswallys?

4Bob trapping for amateurs. Empty Re: Bob trapping for amateurs. Fri Oct 06 2023, 14:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Is this in English? I'm proper thick me  ..dunno..
No idea what it means mate. Lifted it from an accountancy forum. Very Happy

5Bob trapping for amateurs. Empty Re: Bob trapping for amateurs. Fri Oct 06 2023, 15:18

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
Your ingenuity knows no bounds, Boncey.

But one creative solution would be to get the family angel to pay off all your company's debts and then apply a bit of smoke and a couple of mirrors and claim that you don't owe the angel a bean.

I don't think the angel would like it very much but business is business and all that.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Fri Oct 06 2023, 15:27; edited 1 time in total

6Bob trapping for amateurs. Empty Re: Bob trapping for amateurs. Fri Oct 06 2023, 15:26

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:
Norpig wrote:Is this in English? I'm proper thick me  ..dunno..

Perhaps we should ask Wanderlust, after all he's told us that he's a Business Consultant and has not one, not two but THREE groups of accountants working to him!

In fact I see he's posted this on ww, just today - how clever and knowledgeable he must be on stuff like this!

Wanderlust wrote:Back in 2015 the government secured £78.5 million EU funding for the ground investigations of the London to West Midlands leg of HS2 as part of the EU's "Connecting Europe" programme and then were allocated up to £22 BILLION from the EU Infrastructure programme (which the Government could spend on any infrastructure programme not just HS2)

It was at this stage that the original bids for construction were received and agreed.

A year later, we pulled out of the EU so lost this EU funding which meant a massive funding gap that successive Tory governments have struggled to fill - but they have known about this issue for years whilst pretending nothing was wrong in the hope people wouldn't notice.

Only now have they admitted defeat - when in fact they were defeated back in 2016.

BUT WAIT...

SOMEONE HAS FACT CHECKED HIM!!!

BobyBrno wrote:Are you not getting your euros and pounds, millions and billions mixed up? Happy to be proved wrong. Links are always good for info like this.

edit. The first figure you gave should have been €78 million and we got 50% from the EU. €39 million.

£22 billion would have been half the cost at that time.

https://www.wanderersways.com/forum/topic/101706-hs2-re-visited/page/14/#comment-2507758

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

7Bob trapping for amateurs. Empty Re: Bob trapping for amateurs. Fri Oct 06 2023, 15:34

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Anyway Sluffy I think its time for a ceasefire. I'll just get on with explaining to anyone interested what happened if you will stop claiming that no-one is interested. Deal or no deal?

8Bob trapping for amateurs. Empty Re: Bob trapping for amateurs. Fri Oct 06 2023, 15:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I yearn for the days of gay sex and slippers on Nuts.

9Bob trapping for amateurs. Empty Re: Bob trapping for amateurs. Fri Oct 06 2023, 15:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Anyway Sluffy I think its time for a ceasefire. I'll just get on with explaining to anyone interested what happened if you will stop claiming that no-one is interested. Deal or no deal?

I wasn't aware I was in a war?

Explain away, or not, that's entirely up to you.

Similarly you keep on believing there's a multitude of people following these thread, you've already told me you don't care what I think.

Maybe if you keep your unwarranted belittlement of me and others off here, then maybe I won't need to keep remind you how the View Total on here (and every other forum) are actually aggregated.

10Bob trapping for amateurs. Empty Re: Bob trapping for amateurs. Fri Oct 06 2023, 16:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I yearn for the days of gay sex and slippers on Nuts.
At this rate I’m hoping you will be getting your wonky baps out on here for a laugh again Very Happy

11Bob trapping for amateurs. Empty Re: Bob trapping for amateurs. Fri Oct 06 2023, 16:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
At this rate I’m hoping you will be getting your wonky baps out on here for a laugh again Very Happy
I might even get mine out. They're only jelly moulds, but passable.

12Bob trapping for amateurs. Empty Re: Bob trapping for amateurs. Fri Oct 06 2023, 16:50

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bob trapping for amateurs. 200.gif?cid=a87a70e6oecw122vyfip122om7cfkuvuzan4axkq8ktdn02x&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200

13Bob trapping for amateurs. Empty Re: Bob trapping for amateurs. Fri Oct 06 2023, 22:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

14Bob trapping for amateurs. Empty Re: Bob trapping for amateurs. Fri Oct 06 2023, 22:42

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:

Similarly you keep on believing there's a multitude of people following these thread, you've already told me you don't care what I think.

Maybe if you keep your unwarranted belittlement of me and others off here, then maybe I won't need to keep remind you how the View Total on here (and every other forum) are actually aggregated.
Have it your way.

15Bob trapping for amateurs. Empty Re: Bob trapping for amateurs. Sat Oct 07 2023, 00:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Have it your way.

I believed I gave a fair and reasonable offer.

..dunno..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum