Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Morley looks for FA Cup success to reward 'brilliant' support at Wanderers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Morley looks for FA Cup success to reward 'brilliant' support at Wanderers 17390696

Aaron Morley hopes to reward Wanderers fans for the miles they travelled last week with some success in the FA Cup.

The midfielder was involved in some jubilant scenes after scoring a late penalty at Wycombe and returned to the starting line-up a few days later at Charlton.

“It was 3-2 and they were pushing for another goal to make it a draw but when the penalty got awarded, I was first to step up and take it. I back myself on penalties,” he told The Bolton news.

“Dion is usually pretty quick to grab the ball but when he’s off the pitch, I’m having it.

“I don’t know if we’ve got an order to take them, but I wanted it. And once it went in we know we’d won the game.

“It was madness after that, and I want to say a big thanks to the fans behind the goal. It was a long way to go on a Tuesday night, even Charlton on Saturday, they have been absolutely brilliant.

“They make the club and when we’re doing well and they are singing, there is nothing better.

“I’m sure they will be back on Saturday in the FA Cup and hopefully we can get another win to say thanks for that support.”

Morley has had to show some patience this season, with Ian Evatt rotating his midfield options according to opposition.

Charlton holds some fond memories, however, after a stunning free kick screened live on Sky Sports last season. And though he did not get a goal in Saturday’s 2-0 win, he took just as much pride from the defensive resolve shown early in the second half as the hosts tried in vain to get back into the contest.

“There was no goal this time, maybe next time when the cameras are there,” he smiled.

“We’d started so well but we knew second-half they’d come all guns blazing at us. We just had to hold on for 10-15 minutes, wait for them to tire, and then we’d take over again.

“The clean sheet was the best bit about it. We know we can score goals - it is just about keeping them out the other side. If we do, we win most games.

“We always back ourselves to score. Sometimes it is just about managing the game and making sure you don’t let the opposition back in.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum