Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton

+3
Whitesince63
karlypants
finlaymcdanger
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Empty Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Tue Nov 07 2023, 09:05

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton haven't lost in their last 4 matches and last lost at home to Carlisle in the league losing 1-3.

Shrewsbury are currently sitting in 18th having lost their last 2 league games against Wigan and Barnsley away.

I'm not sure on the outcome with this game. Will it still be winning ways in the league or will it be the end of our 4 game run?

Last edited by karlypants on Tue Nov 07 2023, 21:41; edited 2 times in total

2Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Tue Nov 07 2023, 13:46

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

karlypants wrote:Bolton haven't lost in their last 4 matches and last lost at home to Carlisle in the league losing 1-3.

Shrewsbury are currently sitting in 18th having lost their last 2 league games against Wigan and Barnsley away.

I'm not sure on the outcome with this game. Will it still be winning ways in the league or will it be the end of our 4 game run?

I’m very confident that we’ll extend our run tonight Karly. I think the Shrews are mid point in their change of playing style after the management change and they do have a number of key players missing so if we do fail to take the points tonight it will be a major blow to our hopes. 0-3 to Wanderers for me.

3Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Tue Nov 07 2023, 14:25

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

No Prediction League for tonight’s game?

4Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Tue Nov 07 2023, 16:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A game we should win so we probably won't.

1-1.

5Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Tue Nov 07 2023, 19:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

6Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Tue Nov 07 2023, 19:17

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

7Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Tue Nov 07 2023, 21:42

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

FT: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton (Maghoma 65, Morley 90+8 )

Back to joint 2nd on points Cool

8Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Tue Nov 07 2023, 21:54

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

This was a game we’d have lost last season so that alone shows how far we’ve come. Well done to everyone tonight because that was some physical battle out there. I just hope there aren’t any injuries for Saturday, other than Jones obviously but how well did Forrester do when he came in? I actually think he changed the match! 🤗

9Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Tue Nov 07 2023, 22:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not the greatest game, but for once I agree with WS63, we wouldn't have won that last season.

Defence was solid, we created a few chances which were mostly wasted, and looked pretty comfortable.

I'm not one for negativity, but how the fook is Nlundulu getting on the pitch before Bod? I'd start Bod on Saturday.

10Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Wed Nov 08 2023, 01:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have to give credit to Matty Taylor for his work with Shrewsbury's defence in the first half - they  forced us to go long with a good press, won every header and second ball, gave us absolutely nothing and nullified all our efforts - nightmare to play against especially on that narrow pitch. It wasn't until we lucked out with Marosi's blunder (was he still groggy from the injury that happened a minute before?) that they were forced to change their shape and chuck their CBs forward - which ultimately opened the door for our late second.
Unfortunately for Matty, the attack he has inherited is not a patch on the defence and luckily for us they could still be playing now and not score - 7 goals in 16 games is not a good look.
If Shrewsbury back him in January he may well find attacking options to complement their defence so they may be a different proposition when they come to the Toughsheet.
As for us, we struggled to get going against them and that has been a perennial problem for Evatt's teams, so the fact that we managed to string some passes together in the minutes leading up to Maghoma's strike and go on to claim the points is a clear sign of improvement.
Three points under difficult circumstances is excellent but I feel we'll have to be at it from the off when the donkey lashers come to town if we're going to keep the winning streak going.

11Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Wed Nov 08 2023, 11:24

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Taking the three points but once again our passing game seems to disappear when pressed hard. Something that still needs to be addressed in my IMO.  Maybe because we have no outlet ball, not sure of why we start to hoof usually during the second half of games.
Anyway, Toal and Forrester seem like diamonds in the rough and Santos remains a rock - if only he would stop standing still on the ball.....
Onwards  Very Happy

12Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Wed Nov 08 2023, 12:19

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

terenceanne wrote:Taking the three points but once again our passing game seems to disappear when pressed hard. Something that still needs to be addressed in my IMO.  Maybe because we have no outlet ball, not sure of why we start to hoof usually during the second half of games.
Anyway, Toal and Forrester seem like diamonds in the rough and Santos remains a rock - if only he would stop standing still on the ball.....
Onwards  Very Happy
I actually thought some of our passing was pretty good last night TA but our final ball is just awful, either too hard or behind the player. Had we got that right I’ve no doubt we’d have scored a few but I do agree with you about the hoofing late in the game. Instead of the pass out Baxter suddenly starts going long which I think from memory every time ended with the opposition and back at us. Why? Surely it’s best to hold onto the ball at that point and play it over the top as they rush forward chasing an equaliser? Still I’m not an expert. I agree with Lusty that they’re a better team than their position shows. They just don’t have any quality up top but if they stick with MT and back him in the window I also think they’d be a handful when they come to the Reebok.

13Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Wed Nov 08 2023, 14:32

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I thought these facts were interesting...

14Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Wed Nov 08 2023, 14:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

15Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Wed Nov 08 2023, 15:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It shows how stats can be misleading.

If we start picking up points against Pompey, Barnsley, Wigan & Peterboro then I might start believing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum