Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-0 Blackpool

+6
finlaymcdanger
BoltonTillIDie
terenceanne
dutchwhites63
Whitesince63
karlypants
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Bolton 1-0 Blackpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Blackpool Sun Nov 12 2023, 02:08

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:So why not keep on having a pop and taking the piss?

Didn't think I needed your permission Karly but thanks for it all the same!

Good to know I have your blessing.

:good:

22Bolton 1-0 Blackpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Blackpool Sun Nov 12 2023, 12:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Really enjoyed that (the match, not the obsessed nonsense).

Even though we weren't brilliant for the first hour I felt we were in control and never felt Blackpool were much of a threat. We improved greatly when Bod came on, the ball started to stick up top and we looked more of a threat. Great goal.

Defence was superb, Santos a colossus at the back.

I really have no idea why Bod isn't starting, Adeboyejo gives us nothing. It feels like the Crellin situation all over again.

23Bolton 1-0 Blackpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Blackpool Sun Nov 12 2023, 12:52

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Really enjoyed that (the match, not the obsessed nonsense).

Even though we weren't brilliant for the first hour I felt we were in control and never felt Blackpool were much of a threat. We improved greatly when Bod came on, the ball started to stick up top and we looked more of a threat. Great goal.

Defence was superb, Santos a colossus at the back.

I really have no idea why Bod isn't starting, Adeboyejo gives us nothing. It feels like the Crellin situation all over again.
I suspect Victors continued appearance is mainly down to the fact we spent the Dapo money on him Nat and IE feels he needs to justify that, much like Dan also but I’m not sure how long he can continue to ignore that it’s not working and that the majority want to see Bod given a chance. 

He does seem to have a mental block sometimes, as you say was the case with Billy Crellin, although he didn’t really have much choice with BC until he got Gilks fit which isn’t the case with Victor now. It is a tough decision because you do need to give players a full opportunity but I think we can all see that although he may work hard, Victor just isn’t delivering, either in goals or assists unlike Bod when he comes on. 

Some say Bod is better coming on as a sub and he wouldn’t deliver if he started, which I think is rubbish personally, because he’d probably only do 60 or 70 minutes before the “finishers” come on. I suppose Evatt would point to the table as evidence what he’s doing is working and to be fair you could argue that but it still doesn’t mean we couldn’t do even better with a modification or two?

24Bolton 1-0 Blackpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Blackpool Sun Nov 12 2023, 15:27

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

6 wins on the bounce. Fantastic. Even nat is being positive.

Adeboyego has been offered to various clubs in league one, we are looking to cut our losses and have a couple of top strike targets lined up as replacement

25Bolton 1-0 Blackpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Blackpool Sun Nov 12 2023, 21:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Adeboyego has been offered to various clubs in league one, we are looking to cut our losses and have a couple of top strike targets lined up as replacement

Who are these "top strike targets" Boggers? Name names.

26Bolton 1-0 Blackpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Blackpool Sun Nov 12 2023, 21:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:I suspect Victors continued appearance is mainly down to the fact we spent the Dapo money on him Nat and IE feels he needs to justify that

I agree, but that's just stubborn management. He's neither scored nor assisted during this winning run, we can do better in my opinion.

27Bolton 1-0 Blackpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Blackpool Mon Nov 13 2023, 08:01

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cracking atmosphere on Saturday and it felt like a Cup tie to start with as it 100 miles an hour. I didn't think either side played particularly well and we didn't create anything in the first half an hour.

I have to agree about Big Vic, for a big lad his hold up play is useless and he brings nothing to the team. JDB did more in the first 5 minutes after coming on than Adeboyejo did in an hour, JDB needs to be starting.

28Bolton 1-0 Blackpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Blackpool Mon Nov 13 2023, 10:14

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I agree, but that's just stubborn management. He's neither scored nor assisted during this winning run, we can do better in my opinion.
Well I’ve backed both Victor and Dan up to now Nat but despite the training and being in a winning team, neither of them seem to be improving. The problem is neither of them are youngsters who like George can grow and improve. They won’t get better than they are now and that’s the frightening thing so how long do we give them before accepting the truth?

29Bolton 1-0 Blackpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Blackpool Mon Nov 13 2023, 10:18

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just the EFL Trophy tomorrow night and then it's a break till the 25th. Hopefully this should help with injuries and allow some of the others to play tomorrow night.

The lads have certainly earned the break!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum