Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-0 Port Vale - EFL Trophy

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bolton 2-0 Port Vale - EFL Trophy Empty Bolton 2-0 Port Vale - EFL Trophy Tue Dec 05 2023, 01:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

FUN FACT - You won't find Port Vale on a map, it isn't a city, town or even an area of a city or district!

Burslem is the place where the football club is actually located, and is one of the six local towns that used to be famous making pottery around the Stoke area.

Pottery as we all know is easy to break, there most have been many a tea cup thrown at half time by the manager when his team had been playing badly for instance!

So back in the day the cups and everything else were transported for safety by the canals and Port Vale was the locals name for the valley of the six towns ports on the Trent and Mersey Canal.

Hopefully the match will be more interesting than my fun fact!

Can't say I'm really bothered about this Mickey Mouse competition but no doubt Evatt will want to get to Wembley again and we are of course the defending champions!

Should really be a win for us and maybe Dan can score another goal or two in it and show us how good he really is - hope so anyway.

2Bolton 2-0 Port Vale - EFL Trophy Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Port Vale - EFL Trophy Tue Dec 05 2023, 16:19

BarrygoestoBolton

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Personally, I’m looking forward to this as I am for every game. Our squad is so strong now, particularly in the midfield, we need to give everyone a kick of the ball and keep them in tune. 
The player I particularly want to see more of is Carlos Mendez Gomes. I think he has the potential to be our best player. 
What I’m loving at the moment is goals coming from all over the pitch. Forwards at the weekend, but sometimes it’s been nearly all midfielders or defenders. 
An exciting time to be a Whites fan.

3Bolton 2-0 Port Vale - EFL Trophy Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Port Vale - EFL Trophy Tue Dec 05 2023, 16:26

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barry, im hoping Evatt is resting the majority of our best players for our Monday night showdown against Portsmouth which is far more important than this game.

4Bolton 2-0 Port Vale - EFL Trophy Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Port Vale - EFL Trophy Tue Dec 05 2023, 18:49

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

karlypants wrote:Barry, im hoping Evatt is resting the majority of our best players for our Monday night showdown against Portsmouth which is far more important than this game.
Actually Karly I don’t think he will rest our best players because he needs them fit and raring to go for the Pompey game and since they didn’t play on Saturday he must surely give them a run out tonight so I’d expect Dion and Vic to start as well as Toal and Maghoma for at least the first hour. There doesn’t seem much interest from the PV side so I’d expect them to field a fairly weak side tonight as they have important league and League cup games coming up. It could be another big score tonight so I’ll go for a 4-0 to Wanderers.

5Bolton 2-0 Port Vale - EFL Trophy Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Port Vale - EFL Trophy Tue Dec 05 2023, 19:15

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

6Bolton 2-0 Port Vale - EFL Trophy Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Port Vale - EFL Trophy Tue Dec 05 2023, 19:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

7Bolton 2-0 Port Vale - EFL Trophy Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Port Vale - EFL Trophy Tue Dec 05 2023, 20:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

1-0

2-0

8Bolton 2-0 Port Vale - EFL Trophy Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Port Vale - EFL Trophy Wed Dec 06 2023, 11:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not the most inspiring performance, but job done and we move on to the crunch match. Any news on Dan's injury?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum