Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TEAM NEWS: Evatt backs Whites to deal with Santos absence

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

TEAM NEWS: Evatt backs Whites to deal with Santos absence 17222316

Josh Sheehan is back available against Leyton Orient this weekend, but Ricardo Santos’ absence is a blow for Wanderers.

Sheehan had to watch from the sidelines against Bristol Rovers after picking up his fifth booking of the campaign.

Meanwhile, skipper Santos will serve a one-match ban following his sending off against the Gas for a professional foul.

“We have had one or two little illnesses creeping around, just some chesty coughs and one or two bits of flu, but it is to be expected at this time of year,” said Bolton boss Ian Evatt. “Other than Rico, I think we should be OK.

“Rico is a huge miss, he always is. There is no denying what a massive player he is for us, but we have got other good players.

“Whenever there is something missing through injury or suspension, there are opportunities for others and that is the case on Saturday.

“We have got four games in eight or nine days, so the squad will be tested and utilised. We have got a good squad and are looking forward to the festive period.”

Will Forrester came off the bench following Santos’ dismissal last weekend, while Aaron Morley got the nod in midfield alongside George Thomason and Paris Maghoma.

The Whites were on an 11-game unbeaten run in all competitions prior to the defeats against Portsmouth and Bristol Rovers.

Evatt insists there will always be challenges over the course of a season but remains confident in his group of players.

“We haven’t got the results we wanted to get but within those games, there has been some positivity,” he explained. “The second half at Oxford was very good and we should have won that game.

“The first half at Portsmouth, I thought we were slightly better and had big moments that we didn’t take. Bristol Rovers, I thought the second half was outstanding with 10 men.

“Alongside that, there were three really poor halves as well. The first half on Saturday, we did everything wrong we possibly could have!

“As I have said before, it isn’t a sprint. It is a marathon and you have to stay the course. This is part of the course, you will come up against obstacles and have to overcome them.

“We are going to lose games and we have to react in the right way. We are still in a strong position and I have a huge belief in this group of players. I am sure we will bounce back.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum