Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TEAM NEWS: Evatt issues Williams update ahead of Luton tie

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

TEAM NEWS: Evatt issues Williams update ahead of Luton tie 17648067

Randell Williams was absent against Cheltenham due to hamstring tightness rather than anything more serious.

Jack Iredale started at wing-back against the Robins, and Ian Evatt says the decision to leave Williams out of the squad was made with the upcoming games against Luton and Leyton Orient in mind.

“Randell had a little bit of tightness in his hamstring so we played the safe option to leave him out of Saturday,” the manager explained.

“That decision was taken with this week in mind and we don’t envisage any other problems. Everyone else is fit and ready to go.”

The Whites will have plenty more midweek fixtures before the end of the season due to their games in hand in League One, plus their exploits in the cup competitions.

There is no denying it will be demanding on the squad, but Evatt refuses to complain as the fixtures come thick and fast.

“We are going to have a lot of games but great,” he continued. “I enjoy watching my team play, the players enjoy playing football and the fans enjoy watching us play.

“I am not going to sit here and whinge and moan about it. To win promotions and go far in competitions, you have to win football matches and that is what we all set out to do at the start of the season.

“Nobody said it was going to be easy, we are going to have to earn it and from where we stand right now, it is no different.

“We will have to earn it, but we think we are capable of doing that. We will look forward to it and do all we can to prepare the players in the right possible way.”

The initial tie at Kenilworth Road was an interesting encounter, with Wanderers standing firm despite waves of pressure in the second half.

“I think we played well,” said Evatt. “It was a relatively even game and they put us under pressure in that second half territorially without ever creating anything clear-cut.

“We had the better moments in the first half and then again in the last 10 minutes as well.

“We deserved the draw on the day, which was a fantastic achievement given what that team is doing right now.

“To be able to get through I think we will need to better that performance. Do I think we can? Absolutely. We have to go out there and do it now.”

VAR was in use at Kenilworth Road and the Whites had a brief scare when Will Forrester tangled with Alfie Doughty in the box. However, the technology will not be used at the Toughsheet Community Stadium this time around.

“It can go for us and work against us,” Evatt added. “The VAR discussion can be left to someone else – we don’t have it in League One, so it is great we don’t have it to talk about every week.

“For us, it is about going about our business at home the way we have done this season.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum