Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-0 Cheltenham

+4
terenceanne
Cajunboy
karlypants
boltonbonce
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bolton 1-0 Cheltenham Empty Bolton 1-0 Cheltenham Tue Jan 23 2024, 10:41

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How do you think we will do?

Last edited by karlypants on Tue Jan 23 2024, 21:40; edited 2 times in total

2Bolton 1-0 Cheltenham Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Cheltenham Tue Jan 23 2024, 11:54

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Need to get a reaction after that performance on Saturday, i reckon we will win either 1-0 or 2-0.

The squad is getting a bit stretched now so not much Evatt can change in the short term, lets hope Saturday was just a one-off.

3Bolton 1-0 Cheltenham Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Cheltenham Tue Jan 23 2024, 12:43

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm worried about this one. Vital to get back on track.
I'm sticking with my original prediction of 3-1, but I'll be a nervous nellie tonight.

4Bolton 1-0 Cheltenham Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Cheltenham Tue Jan 23 2024, 12:59

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've actually changed my prediction in the preediction league to a draw.

I think unfortunately we will continue on this current poor form for a while.

I hope i'm wrong!

5Bolton 1-0 Cheltenham Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Cheltenham Tue Jan 23 2024, 14:56

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I hope you are wrong too, but after recent performances I feel quite negative about the team.
We sure need to win the next two games if we are to push for a top two place. I know we have those games in hand but  we seem to have lost our way a bit at the moment.

6Bolton 1-0 Cheltenham Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Cheltenham Tue Jan 23 2024, 18:24

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Nasty night for football and won’t suit our game so there’s me with my excuses before we start!!

Surely though we can’t be as bad as Saturday can we? 

Same for both sides though so I’ll go 2-0 to Wanderers and an all round better performance. 😉

7Bolton 1-0 Cheltenham Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Cheltenham Tue Jan 23 2024, 19:33

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I hope so!!!!!!!

8Bolton 1-0 Cheltenham Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Cheltenham Tue Jan 23 2024, 19:36

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

9Bolton 1-0 Cheltenham Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Cheltenham Tue Jan 23 2024, 19:36

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

10Bolton 1-0 Cheltenham Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Cheltenham Tue Jan 23 2024, 21:41

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well they have got the job done and that only matters for now I guess on a rainy, windy Tuesday evening.

11Bolton 1-0 Cheltenham Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Cheltenham Tue Jan 23 2024, 21:46

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Yes, three points but not a very convincing performance.

12Bolton 1-0 Cheltenham Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Cheltenham Tue Jan 23 2024, 22:37

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No. Evatt needs to get a grip of the players or else we won’t be going up again.

13Bolton 1-0 Cheltenham Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Cheltenham Tue Jan 23 2024, 23:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Highlights.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

14Bolton 1-0 Cheltenham Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Cheltenham Wed Jan 24 2024, 01:08

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Earlier in the season we were knocking the ball around like Barca - what the fook has happened. Tonight, we are struggling against a team 22nd in the table. I have moaned about this wing back situation a few times - to me other teams have cottoned on to what we are trying to do. Santos is still standing still with his foot on the ball and eventually hoofs it up the park and our forwards continue to have backs to goal. 
Happy for the three points but can't say we deserved it.
Anyhow Onwards  Cool

15Bolton 1-0 Cheltenham Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Cheltenham Wed Jan 24 2024, 07:55

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We won but another unconvincing performance. Not sure why their goal was disallowed but we got lucky. 

Iredale was poor all night, giving away stupid fouls and we were under pressure the entire second half.

16Bolton 1-0 Cheltenham Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Cheltenham Wed Jan 24 2024, 10:10

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:We won but another unconvincing performance. Not sure why their goal was disallowed but we got lucky. 

Iredale was poor all night, giving away stupid fouls and we were under pressure the entire second half.

I thought the same but I've just read this -

Assistant, Joe Simpson, did not raise his flag until after his colleague had blown his whistle, which prompted a furious reaction from the visiting side.

It later emerged that defender Sean Long, not Lloyd, had been penalised as he blocked Bolton players from getting to the ball.

Evatt said: “It was a brilliant decision. Darrell at the time was furious because the player was actually onside. But it was the impacting defenders who were given offside, they blocked our defenders from recovering. They had impacted the action, so I thought that was a fantastic decision from the ref.”

You will find this explanation buried halfway down this article -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

17Bolton 1-0 Cheltenham Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Cheltenham Wed Jan 24 2024, 11:30

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

No denying we were poor but let’s be honest it wasn’t a night for pretty, passing football. That wind was gale force and gusty which suited their high lumped ball into our box, which to be fair they executed very well. Our three centre backs were all as poor as I’ve seen them which again leads me to think the weather had a bigger effect than we believe. Anyway, it was a thrilling match if not the most composed but sometimes you just have to accept battling performances rather than pretty ones and nobody can deny they did battle last night, especially at the end with some terrific blocks. Let’s just hope both the weather and performance are better on Saturday and we can come home with another 3 points.

18Bolton 1-0 Cheltenham Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Cheltenham Wed Jan 24 2024, 12:17

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Will be a good measure to see how Cheltenham do at Derby this weekend. A team I’m predicting to finish in the top 2.

19Bolton 1-0 Cheltenham Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Cheltenham Wed Jan 24 2024, 14:57

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Well this comes as no surprise at all to me at least as I've been banging on about us having a small squad, reduced by long-term injury's to two players, further weakened by two more off for the best part of a month on internationals, then having three meaningless cup games (a fourth next week against Blackpool) to play where we SHOULD have rested at least our key players if we weren't to get new faces in during the transfer window...

It was inevitable that if players weren't allowed proper recovery time, then they would be more prone to injury and bookings - simply because of fatigue and errors setting in.

It's almost as though I know what I'm talking about at times.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum