Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wigan 1-0 Bolton

+8
Sluffy
observer
okocha
karlypants
boltonbonce
wanderlust
Whitesince63
Cajunboy
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1bolton - Wigan 1-0 Bolton Empty Wigan 1-0 Bolton Mon Feb 26 2024, 21:38

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The big one!

If this match had to come at anytime, then it couldn't be any better than now!

Still smarting from Wigan hammering us at home earlier this season and Blackpool at the weekend, now is the perfect time to make a statement win.

The wheels have come off for us recently and we seem to be missing Baxter more than perhaps we should be doing - Coleman isn't really that bad - but clearly the defence as a unit is unsettled.

Wigan will want to do the double over us, they don't have much else to play for this season, they aren't going up or down - so fair play to them for doing so well after nearly going out of business at the start of the season and having the points deduction as well.

We can (and really must) win this game if we seriously want automatic promotion and really need to deal with physical teams that no doubt Wigan will once again be after bullying us so badly at home the last time we played them.

We need Thomason to keep his head and Sheehan not to be kicked from pillar to post.

If we can manage that we will win.

I'm looking for a statement win - 3-0 to us.

Am I being bonkers do you think?

We will win won't we...

...or do you disagree?

2bolton - Wigan 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 1-0 Bolton Tue Feb 27 2024, 07:53

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just can't see us winning on current form, a draw is the most likely result for me. Hope i'm very wrong and we smash the pie eaters but not very confident.

3bolton - Wigan 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 1-0 Bolton Tue Feb 27 2024, 07:55

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I feel the same with Norpig unfortunately.

4bolton - Wigan 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 1-0 Bolton Tue Feb 27 2024, 09:28

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I actually agree with Sluffy, I think we can make a statement win by 2 or 3 goals if everybody turns up? There are a few of the players who know they have underperformed and need to make up for it. I actually thought George handled himself well on Saturday so hopefully he’s learning to cut out the silly stuff and concentrate on what he’s good at. Defence and midfield don’t bother me as I believe we have the players to improve quickly but it’s up front I’m bothered about. Our strikers just aren’t doing it. Both Bod and Carlos had gilt edged chances after excellent build up and crosses and had they taken those the result would have been completely different. We can’t keep missing those if we seriously want to make top two so let’s just hope tonight is pay back time and everybody bucks up?

5bolton - Wigan 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 1-0 Bolton Tue Feb 27 2024, 10:50

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Probably says a lot about where I am with the Whites at the moment, in that I could put forward a good argument for all three results.
It's only blind loyalty that pushes me toward a narrow win by the odd goal.
Might be a long night boys and girls.

6bolton - Wigan 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 1-0 Bolton Tue Feb 27 2024, 11:08

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Surely he has to go with Collins from the start tonight? We paid 750K for him and need to use him! 

I have been a big fan of JDB but he does seem to be better off the bench so i would start with Adeboyejo tonight instead.

7bolton - Wigan 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 1-0 Bolton Tue Feb 27 2024, 15:55

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think we will lose tonight following the debacle at Bloomfield Road. We just seem unable to progress at the moment and I feel very negative about our future.

It will probably be Barnsley in the playoff final and another season of EVANS talking bollocks in League One.

8bolton - Wigan 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 1-0 Bolton Tue Feb 27 2024, 18:10

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It’s going to be a tough one for Evatt tonight, not just selecting the starters but who gets left out of the squad altogether, certainly with George and Rico back but also with the speculation that IE might just be playing games on Dion and he might play after all? I wouldn’t even like to try to pick the team he’ll go with, nor the bench because I’d probably be miles off if I did? Personally after Saturday I’d like to see Forrester take Jones’s place and Geth moved to wing back giving JDC a rest. I just think that would add a bit more steel for this one. I definitely don’t want to see Ramsey because for me he’s even less ready than Ashworth on the left who I’d replace with Ogbeta but as I say, I haven’t a clue what team will start and I don’t envy Evatt tonight whichever way he goes. 🥴

9bolton - Wigan 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 1-0 Bolton Tue Feb 27 2024, 19:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We need goals - lots of goals.
Goals like we haven't been getting recently.
Tonight please Ian.....

10bolton - Wigan 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 1-0 Bolton Tue Feb 27 2024, 19:07

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No Collins again tonight! Dempsey on the bench, its the latest Evatt selection bingo  Rolling Eyes

11bolton - Wigan 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 1-0 Bolton Tue Feb 27 2024, 19:09

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

12bolton - Wigan 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 1-0 Bolton Tue Feb 27 2024, 19:12

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

13bolton - Wigan 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 1-0 Bolton Tue Feb 27 2024, 19:20

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Come and join us on the chatbox so we can talk about the game and my obsession with Sluffy, it will be a right laugh  Very Happy

14bolton - Wigan 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 1-0 Bolton Tue Feb 27 2024, 19:32

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kick off delayed due to away fans and trains apparently, kick off is now 8.15

15bolton - Wigan 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 1-0 Bolton Tue Feb 27 2024, 19:41

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Kick off delayed due to away fans and trains apparently, kick off is now 8.15

Due to away fans and trains?

It’s bloody Wigan ffs! Very Happy

16bolton - Wigan 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 1-0 Bolton Tue Feb 27 2024, 19:43

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll watch City for 15 minutes then head for chatbox.

17bolton - Wigan 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 1-0 Bolton Tue Feb 27 2024, 19:52

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

think its road traffic but Bolton fans will not be able to get the train home now due to the late start

18bolton - Wigan 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 1-0 Bolton Tue Feb 27 2024, 19:53

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:think its road traffic but Bolton fans will not be able to get the train home now due to the late start

They should put trains on specifically for games in my opinion.

19bolton - Wigan 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 1-0 Bolton Tue Feb 27 2024, 19:54

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would have thought most will have gone in the car with it being down the road to be honest.

20bolton - Wigan 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 1-0 Bolton Tue Feb 27 2024, 22:30

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mentality is not there with these players. 

They were the same last season. Fold like paper on the big occasion. Any time when a win could prove important they lose and usually get thrashed. Not even unlucky. 

Some of the players are genuinely shocking as well. Ogbeta is crap as is Magoma. 

I’ve never seen Collins before he came here but he doesn’t seem like the kind of striker who is going to thrive without balls in behind which we never ever attempt. 

Why bother crossing the ball if you’re going to kick it out for a throw or hit the first man. 

Sheehan is the only good player we’ve got despite his two dreadful free kicks tonight.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum