Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wigan 1-0 Bolton

+8
Sluffy
observer
okocha
karlypants
boltonbonce
wanderlust
Whitesince63
Cajunboy
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21bolton - Wigan 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan 1-0 Bolton Tue Feb 27 2024, 22:55

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think it's pretty clear by now that we miss the running, closing down and harassing that Dion provides, not to mention his fair share of goals.
Bod is a neater footballer but he just doesn't have the running power to put defenders under pressure.

Also, I must be one of the few who don't appreciate Santos; he continually slows the game down so that all our attackers are marked by the time he gets round to moving the ball forward. In addition, he has the turning circle of an ocean liner and is often clumsy and caught out by nippy players and good passing. His physique is his only asset, yet he doesn't use it often enough in attacking positions.

The good thing is that many of our rivals are no great shakes either.....see tonight's results!

22bolton - Wigan 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan 1-0 Bolton Tue Feb 27 2024, 23:12

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pompey are gone. Barnsley will happily take 2nd while we and Derby bottle it. 

4th looks likely now setting up a rock hard game against Peterborough potentially who will walk all over us. 

Bodvarsson really isn’t the player people think he is. He does absolutely nothing. 

We are actually missing ndundulu who dreadful.

23bolton - Wigan 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan 1-0 Bolton Tue Feb 27 2024, 23:21

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Highlights -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

24bolton - Wigan 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan 1-0 Bolton Tue Feb 27 2024, 23:53

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:Highlights -

I believe you meant "lowlights."

25bolton - Wigan 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan 1-0 Bolton Wed Feb 28 2024, 00:01

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

observer wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Highlights -

I believe you meant "lowlights."

You're lucky I even bothered to post them up!

As for their goal...???

No one went with the runner....

Santos stood frozen like a statue until far to late...

And only the keeper reacted

WTF was going on???

Christ this is bog standard defending that school kids should be able to do...

26bolton - Wigan 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan 1-0 Bolton Wed Feb 28 2024, 01:51

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

There are at least four teams better than us in this league. Looking at our remaining fixtures, 5th place and a semi-final defeat looks the most likely outcome to me in this last chance saloon season.

27bolton - Wigan 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan 1-0 Bolton Wed Feb 28 2024, 08:15

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So frustrating watching us at the moment! What is the point of having 70% possession when we do nothing with it? No cutting edge and Collins looks lost so far.

I think unless we can either alter the way we play or the formation then we are destined for the play offs again but we all know Evatt is stubborn as a mule and will insist nothings wrong and carry on regardless.

28bolton - Wigan 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan 1-0 Bolton Wed Feb 28 2024, 08:30

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We’re obviously one of the best teams in the league otherwise we wouldn’t be 3rd. 

Problem is mentality. 

Evatt will say we created enough to win but I can’t remember a single good chance. 

Wigan, I think, had literally one shot and it went in. 

Collins needs the ball into his feet running toward goal. He spends most of his time on the wing for some reason.

29bolton - Wigan 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan 1-0 Bolton Wed Feb 28 2024, 08:44

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

the main problem for me is teams have worked us out. They sit deep, flood midfield and press us and we have no clue on how to break them down. We keep the ball between midfield and defence and slow the game down then just lump it when they run out of ideas.

Evatt needs to have a plan B but he will insist plan A is still working when it clearly isn't.

30bolton - Wigan 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan 1-0 Bolton Wed Feb 28 2024, 10:32

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We got into dangerous areas last night and just wasted every chance. 

Ogbeta can’t cross. Maghoma instead of passing just puts his head down and runs into players or shoots into someone’s ankle. 

We had loads of corners that were wasted by Ogbeta. 

2 great free kick areas that Sheehan wasted.

31bolton - Wigan 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan 1-0 Bolton Wed Feb 28 2024, 11:15

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The laugher is that we played well last night - complete domination. But as we all know the backwards and sideways passing around the box is our downfall. There seems to be a reluctance to get the ball in quickly. Another thing our corners have gone back to the old days - we never win a header and all run to the front post while it sails over to the back post - school boy stuff.
In the big picture we remain third and a win on Saturday could put us second as daft as it sounds.
COYWM

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum