Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Barnsley 2-2 Bolton

+8
Ten Bobsworth
okocha
Cajunboy
BoltonTillIDie
terenceanne
BarrygoestoBolton
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

61bolton - Barnsley 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 2-2 Bolton Thu Mar 07 2024, 14:55

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I used to get the piss taken out of me for watching 11 men kicking a bag of air around the pitch! Very Happy

62bolton - Barnsley 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 2-2 Bolton Thu Mar 07 2024, 15:02

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Its still the greatest sport in the world for me, i could watch footy all day every day if Mrs Pig would let me  Very Happy

63bolton - Barnsley 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 2-2 Bolton Thu Mar 07 2024, 15:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I used to get the piss taken out of me for watching 11 men kicking a bag of air around the pitch! Very Happy
Didn't stop you though. We're all barmy, but in the best way. Very Happy

64bolton - Barnsley 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 2-2 Bolton Thu Mar 07 2024, 16:15

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

t doesn't matter what the fans think, it's what the owners do and they have the utmost faith in him, so much so they've given him a stake in the club with the B shares allocated to him and also (it must be said very quietly) the 'issues' he's had (and still having?) in his personal life. 

Sluffy I'm intrigued to know about the' issues' in his personal life.  What have I missed?

65bolton - Barnsley 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 2-2 Bolton Thu Mar 07 2024, 16:24

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:t doesn't matter what the fans think, it's what the owners do and they have the utmost faith in him, so much so they've given him a stake in the club with the B shares allocated to him and also (it must be said very quietly) the 'issues' he's had (and still having?) in his personal life. 

Sluffy I'm intrigued to know about the' issues' in his personal life.  What have I missed?
Apparently little Ian has made some appearances online  Laughing

66bolton - Barnsley 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 2-2 Bolton Thu Mar 07 2024, 16:32

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

That is not quenching my appetite for the facts.

67bolton - Barnsley 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 2-2 Bolton Thu Mar 07 2024, 16:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:That is not quenching my appetite for the facts.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

68bolton - Barnsley 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 2-2 Bolton Thu Mar 07 2024, 17:00

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

My mind is running riot.

69bolton - Barnsley 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 2-2 Bolton Thu Mar 07 2024, 17:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:My mind is running riot.
I wouldn't want to be too graphic.

70bolton - Barnsley 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 2-2 Bolton Thu Mar 07 2024, 17:11

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:That is not quenching my appetite for the facts.

That's one hot sausage! Very Happy

71bolton - Barnsley 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 2-2 Bolton Thu Mar 07 2024, 17:12

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Please don't be too graphic.

I wouldn't want little Ian getting upset.

72bolton - Barnsley 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 2-2 Bolton Thu Mar 07 2024, 17:15

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I didn't have the energy to get embroiled with Sluffy's comments about football being just a game.

I'll be seriously pissed off if we don't get three points at Exeter.

Last edited by Cajunboy on Thu Mar 07 2024, 17:20; edited 1 time in total

73bolton - Barnsley 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 2-2 Bolton Thu Mar 07 2024, 17:20

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:I didn't have the energy to get embroiled with Sluffy's comments about football being just a game.
It's probably a view that's served him well. I wish I could be as calm. But I've dug my hole, and I'm stuck down here with a lot of other daft buggers, still digging. Very Happy

74bolton - Barnsley 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 2-2 Bolton Thu Mar 07 2024, 17:24

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bonce, I have one friend who is a little older than you who was a big supporter at the time and said he got to the point where the team were up and down like a bride's nighty, he finally gave up on them.

He said he spent many a time crying because they had lost.

He now follows Man U somewhat these days! Very Happy

75bolton - Barnsley 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 2-2 Bolton Thu Mar 07 2024, 17:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Well it isn't for robbing a waggon, if you catch my drift...

To be honest that wasn't what I was inferring, as he did that whilst at Barrow (if you were to believe what you hear on the internet)...

And I keep telling everyone not too!

I'm not looking to be sued here.

But I wonder why FV suddenly stopped football betting in the ground, out of the blue, part way through last season?

Beats me?

..dunno..

76bolton - Barnsley 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 2-2 Bolton Thu Mar 07 2024, 17:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Cajunboy wrote:I didn't have the energy to get embroiled with Sluffy's comments about football being just a game.

I'll be seriously pissed off if we don't get three points at Exeter.

Well what is it then - people running around kicking a ball?

A religion?
Science?
Politics?
Commerce?

What?

It's a GAME.

There's a bit of a clue don't you think when the word PLAY is usually used to describe football...

PLAYing football

How did we PLAY today

We've just signed a new PLAYer

Not often you use the word 'play' if it isn't a game or similar (and before anyone mentions actors and plays - you do realise that is because they are 'play'-acting - the acting of a play or plays; dramatic performance).

You or anyone else can see football in any way you like but a group of blokes or women running around kicking a ball IS a GAME that they are PLAYING - and they are PLAYing to the rules of the GAME ffs!!!

It really is that black and white.

77bolton - Barnsley 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 2-2 Bolton Thu Mar 07 2024, 17:54

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We get it Sluffy. It's just a game. Anyone want to play. I'm Bobby Charlton.Very Happy

78bolton - Barnsley 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 2-2 Bolton Thu Mar 07 2024, 18:01

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Anything which has the power to change lives, attitudes and emotions is obviously so much more than "just a game". 

Quite apart from being big business, sport is on a par with all other types of man-made culture which can create hugely important reactions of significance in the lives of human beings....just as the natural world can.

79bolton - Barnsley 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 2-2 Bolton Thu Mar 07 2024, 18:01

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Football is not just a game.
It is a game but not just a game.

80bolton - Barnsley 2-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 2-2 Bolton Thu Mar 07 2024, 18:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I'm not trying to piss on anyone's chips or anything, I'm just stating the blindingly obvious that football IS a GAME.

Football
noun

1 Any of various forms of team game involving kicking (and in some cases also handling) a ball, in particular (in the UK) soccer or (in the US) American football.

Sorry if it's come as a bit of a shock to a few of you nearly all of you!!!

Shocked

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum