Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'Nothing better' - Collins delighted after Reading hat trick

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'Nothing better' - Collins delighted after Reading hat trick 17923230

It was an afternoon hat trick hero Aaron Collins will remember for a long time as Wanderers secured an important three points against Reading.

The Welshman had a dream start with a superb strike from 25 yards and things got even better from there.

“Getting three goals and winning the game by a good scoreline, it is a great feeling,” he beamed after the final whistle.

“The first one was nice! As soon as it left my foot, I knew it was going in so I was celebrating. It was a nice finish from the edge of the box.

“The third one, there was a lot of relief as well as passion in the celebration. It is nice to get a hat trick, that is what you want as a striker.”

It was the second hat trick of Collins’ career and he had to bring out his best celebration after the third goal went in.

“The first one, I didn’t do it enough. The second, I went a bit too far,” he grinned. “It has always been a celebration I have kept in my locker and to score a hat trick, I had to bring out the flip!”

The Whites delivered the perfect response against the Royals after a frustrating afternoon in Stevenage several days prior.

“We know that we didn’t play our best,” said Collins. “It was a scrappy game, tough pitch, but we have to take that out of the picture.

“We know we didn’t play as well as we should have. We did our analysis over the weekend and knew we had to react. Being at home in front of the biggest crowd of the season, we wanted to put it right.

“We can now look at Stevenage as a good point - we want to win those games, of course, but a point is better than nothing.

'Nothing better' - Collins delighted after Reading hat trick 17923232

“We came in today and improved our goal difference as well as getting the three points, so we just want to keep that charge up going into the last five games.”

There were more than 25,000 supporters in attendance for Community Day, making it the club’s third-highest attendance at this level.

“As a footballer, you want to play in front of as many fans as you can and the Whites turned out in great numbers,” Collins added.

“As soon as the first goal went in and you hear that roar, we were up for it and ready to score more.

“There is nothing better than that feeling of getting the third goal, getting the three points and knowing we are on the right track as we push for promotion.

“The lads have been doing it all season and I wanted to be involved in it, that is why I came here. It is all to play for going into the last five games.”

There has been pressure on the 26-year-old since his January switch, and he is now eager to kick on as Wanderers look to finish the campaign strongly.

“It is tough coming into a new team and playing with new players and in a different formation,” Collins reflected.

“I am getting used to it and the main thing is building relationships with your partner up front. Since I have come in, I have had a lot of different partners.

“Me and Jon (Dadi Bodvarsson) have done well together and it is a great feeling when both strikers come off with goals.

“That is our job at the end of the day, we want to put the ball in the back of the net. When you get used to those partnerships, you can go and play the way we did today.”

A lot has been asked of Wanderers’ depleted strike force in recent weeks, with Dion Charles, Victor Adeboyejo, Dan Nlundulu and Carlos Mendes Gomes all sidelined.

“You are going into the games knowing, if you are starting or on the bench, you are going to get a good few minutes to get goals and perform like you want to,” the forward explained.

“Obviously, we are looking forward to the lads coming back so we can be in full force.

“But we have to take our opportunities with both hands like me and Jon did today. We went and scored all five goals and that is what we want as a strike partnership.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum