Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Evatt on crowd tweak that could have big impact for Whites

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Evatt on crowd tweak that could have big impact for Whites 17929221

Ian Evatt hopes to have Wanderers fans behind both goals at the Toughsheet Community Stadium more regularly.

That was the case against Reading on Monday when more than 25,000 supporters watched the Whites cruise to a 5-2 victory.

There are also set to be Bolton fans in the South Stand Lower Tier for the visit of Portsmouth on Saturday, April 13.

When asked if it could become a common occurrence going forward, Evatt replied: “I would like to see it, personally.

“I don’t know how achievable it is, we would have to speak to the safety officers, Neil Hart and Phil Mason and see where we are with that.

“But I felt like it added so much to the atmosphere, I think it makes a big difference. I don’t like to see huge amounts of empty seats and with the away crowd, if it is the top deck, you can appreciate that.

“But definitely in the home end, the more we can fill the stadium, the better it is going to be for our players and they will respond to that. Hopefully, the 25,000 who were here were entertained.”

Evatt believes the bumper crowd had a big impact against the Royals as Wanderers secured what could prove to be an important three points in the promotion race.

He added: “Looking at the very limited amount of empty seats, the atmosphere it created, the fans behind both goals - I thought it was really good and helped with the atmosphere.

“We love playing here and working for this football club, and we are trying our absolute best to give these fans something to cheer about.

“Hopefully, they have been entertained and enjoyed what they have seen. We have three more home games to come and fingers crossed, they can have a little bit more to sing about.”

After Saturday’s trip to Bristol Rovers, the Whites have three successive games on home turf and Evatt is determined to make them count.

“The environment suits us,” he explained. “In no way, shape or form am I comparing us to Ipswich but I think the way we play, and how we are suited to the dynamics here – a fantastic pitch, big stadium, big open spaces – it suits the way we play more.

“I am not saying we would do anything like Ipswich but I think we would still find some success in the level above because of the way we play. But first we have to get there and earn the right to be there.

“We have got five or eight more games to win and if we can do that, it gives us an opportunity to show what we can do week in, week out.

“But we have to find a better way of winning the games at places like Stevenage and Burton. That is no disrespect to those clubs, it is just a different dynamic to what we face here.”

Source

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Really like the idea of having home fans behind both goals and sticking the away fans out of the way. Some ST holders might get precious and folk will bang on about security, but nothing kills an atmosphere like an empty end - plus it has to help our strikers.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum