Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TEAM NEWS: Ian Evatt shares positive Nathan Baxter update

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

TEAM NEWS: Ian Evatt shares positive Nathan Baxter update 17743879

Nathan Baxter is back in full training ahead of Wanderers’ trip to Bristol Rovers, Ian Evatt has confirmed.

The goalkeeper has been sidelined by a wrist injury since the 1-1 draw against Barnsley a couple of months ago.

When asked about the injury situation, Evatt replied: “It is mostly positive news. Nathan has trained fully today and looked very good.

“Obviously, we will have to see the reaction to that overnight but things are very positive on that front.

“I think Dion is almost there, not quite but almost, which is positive. Caleb Taylor is back fit and ready to go. Randell (Williams) is fully fit and ready to go.

“Gethin (Jones), we know what the issue is now so we think he will miss Saturday but be fine for next week. Dan Nlundulu is back in full training - probably not quite ready for selection yet but will be soon.

“George Johnston has been training now for a good few weeks and is getting better and better all the time.

“There is some positivity at last! We have had some challenges to say the least, but they are all coming back at a really key time.”

Managers sometimes have to tread the fine line between risk and reward when bringing players back from injury, and that decision becomes even more difficult at the business end of the season.

“It is a challenge because when they come back in, they have got to be ready to do themselves and us justice. That is a key decision really,” Evatt explained.

“Obviously, we have to communicate with the players and have some honest, transparent communications about where they feel they are at and where we feel we are at.

“I do feel like the team has been in good form for a number of weeks. Obviously, we have had some dips along the way – Exeter second half, for instance.

“But I think the majority of the games, we have played very well. Derby away, we played very well and lost. Wigan, we completely dominated the game and lost 1-0 to I think their first attack of the second half.

“We have not always had the rewards that our play has warranted, but we have continued to take forward steps.

“I think Monday was certainly a step towards what we want to be and what we want to look like. Fingers crossed, we can carry that on for the remainder of the season.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum