Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'The lads keep fighting' - Evatt targeting strong finish

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'The lads keep fighting' - Evatt targeting strong finish 17941550

Ian Evatt has called for one “last big push” as Wanderers battle to break into the automatic promotion spots.

The Whites moved within a point of second-place Derby thanks to a hard-fought 2-0 victory at Bristol Rovers at the weekend.

Bolton now have three successive games at the Toughsheet Community Stadium, starting with the visit of leaders Portsmouth on Saturday.

“We don’t lack belief,” Evatt told The Bolton News. “Sometimes we have to take some criticism and we have done so at times this year, but I do think we have had to go against a lot of adversity.

“These lads just keep digging, fighting and they love playing for this football club. I love being the manager of this football club and we will keep striving for better.

“That is all we can do. We know what is required and four games, it is the last big push.”

The Rams had no fixture over the weekend but are back in action on Wednesday night when they head to Wycombe.

Paul Warne’s side also have to face Leyton Orient, Cambridge and Carlisle before the end of the campaign.

Aaron Morley came off the bench at the Memorial Stadium and wrapped up the result in stoppage time with a ruthless penalty.

“He is a really good technician and good penalty taker,” Evatt continued. “We were really calm when he got the penalty because we know what he can do from dead balls.”

Nat Ogbeta has become a regular starter at left wing-back since his loan switch from Swansea in January.

“He gets really fatigued second half - he puts so much into it,” the manager explained.

“Fingers crossed, that fitness level will increase over time because he hasn’t played for so long. But he has not let anybody down and it was another good performance.”

Source

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So would you prefer Oxford or Lincoln in the playoffs? Oxford probably my choice but they have a very tricky run in - although they do play Lincoln. Tough to call who we'll be up against.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:So would you prefer Oxford or Lincoln in the playoffs? Oxford probably my choice but they have a very tricky run in - although they do play Lincoln. Tough to call who we'll be up against.

I’m still hoping on 2nd place to be honest. With just one point in it there is still everything to play for.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:
wanderlust wrote:So would you prefer Oxford or Lincoln in the playoffs? Oxford probably my choice but they have a very tricky run in - although they do play Lincoln. Tough to call who we'll be up against.

I’m still hoping on 2nd place to be honest. With just one point in it there is still everything to play for.

Me too Karly.

I said a few weeks ago that we were now bound for the playoffs unless Derby imploded and there is still a chance of that still and even if it was the playoff's for us, that we will be the best team in it.

As always we seem to do things the hard way but there's no reason not to believe we won't be promoted one way or the other this season barring a bit of bad luck or a bad ref!

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I thought we had blown it when we lost to Derby. However, here we are, just one point behind them, on equal games. 
Taking into consideration that the end of season always throws up strange and random results, we most definitely are still in with a very good chance. Derby played well against Portsmouth, and you could see them going for it,
but I don't have big concerns against Portsmouth or Peterborough, as we know what to expect. Its the games against Shrewsbury and Port Vale where could slip up.
Please God, prove me wrong.  Smile

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hi Glos, we just need to keep the faith mate!

I’ve just bought Portsmouth and Port Vale tickets in these exciting times.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Hi KP.
I've got the faith, but I've also got a bad case of the twitches. We'll do it, but it doesn't stop me worrying Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum