Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ex-Bolton Wanderers man Filipe Morais' League One hope

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Filipe Morais is pleased by the progress Wanderers have made in recent years – and hopes the club can go one step further this season.

Morais, who helped the Whites win promotion to the Championship in 2017 and then beat the drop on the final day 12 months later, became a firm fan favourite in the North West.

The 38-year-old was gutted to see Wanderers narrowly miss out on promotion against Oxford last term but believes they still have “good momentum” after progressing year-on-year under Ian Evatt.

Morais, who also played for Bradford and Oldham among others, is delighted to see the club in a “great place” under Sharon Brittan’s leadership.

“I have been back a couple of times,” he told The Bolton News. “I still work in the game with regards to recruitment and consultancy so I am often at games.

“I would liked to have been at more Bolton games but unfortunately I am over in Yorkshire. I do when I can and I am always watching out for the scores because I had such a great time there.

“Unfortunately, they fell just short last year but I am hoping this year they go up. They seem to have really good momentum and it is nice to see good, solid ownership. The club is in a great place.”

Morais was speaking at the Bolton Wanderers Remembrance charity fundraiser at Atherton Colls last weekend.

He rolled back the years with a brilliant display to set up a couple of goals and was mobbed by fans after the game.

It was another successful event, raising money for a number of good causes in the local area and further afield.

“It was good fun,” Morais smiled. “It was nice to put the Bolton badge on again. Everyone had fun and gave it a good go.

“There were loads of kids here, I brought my family as well and they had a great day. There were loads of goals and everyone had a good showing.

“It was as competitive as it could be. I am knackered, I have definitely lost it! But it was good fun and everyone who came to watch got a good day out of it.”

Morais decided to call time on his professional career in 2021 following a stint in League Two with Grimsby.

The winger also played for Crawley after leaving Wanderers in the summer of 2018, as well as a return to Boundary Park.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum