Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton can be battling near top of table again, says Karacan

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Jem Karacan reckons it is going to be a tough season in League One – but believes there is no reason why Wanderers can’t be battling near the top of the table.

Karacan, who helped the Whites avoid relegation from the Championship during the 2017/18 campaign, is still based in the North and attends matches at the Toughsheet Community Stadium when possible.

The 35-year-old, who also had spells with Reading and Bournemouth among others, hopes Ian Evatt’s men can use their play-off pain from the past couple of seasons as fuel to keep progressing on the pitch.

“I still get down quite a bit to be fair,” he told The Bolton News. “It is only 20 minutes from me now, I moved up when I played for Bolton and have stayed up here.

“It has been tough obviously the last couple of years, just missing out. Hopefully, they can get over that final step but it is a tough league.

“I think it can be frustrating for the fans because they are amazing group of fans who deserve the world, they have been through a lot.

“But with the new owners, the gaffer is trying his hardest and hopefully this is the year. It is going to be tough again but there is no reason why Bolton can’t be head and shoulders above the rest.”

Karacan was speaking at the Bolton Wanderers Remembrance charity fundraiser at Atherton Colls last weekend.

The midfielder got the chance to play alongside Filipe Morais again and even scored a diving header in the second half.

Karacan was pleased to be part of the event, which raised funds for a number of good causes in the local area and further afield.

“Getting a group of lads together on a Saturday afternoon rather than going to the pub can be tough, especially with the weather we are having,” he grinned.

“But it’s an incredible cause and to have family, friends and kids running around with all the players, it is a great day and a pleasure to be a part of.

“They do an amazing job here getting everyone together and making it work. Thanks to Atherton Colls as well for having us down.

“Obviously, I know Fil and we had some great times together. Joycey (Luke Joyce) I know from the back end of my career, he’s a great guy.

“Nicky Hunt is still out there doing a bit and in great shape. It is nice to give back a little bit and that people still remember us.”

Karacan decided to hang up his boots 18 months ago following a stint at Scunthorpe. He also played for Australian club Central League Mariners after leaving Wanderers in the summer of 2018.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum