Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Schön relishing 'tough' Wrexham clash in front of bumper crowd

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Schön relishing 'tough' Wrexham clash in front of bumper crowd 18432710

Szabi Schön can't wait for his first experience of a big crowd at the Toughsheet Community Stadium as Wanderers prepare to host Wrexham.

More than 25,000 tickets have been sold for the visit of Phil Parkinson’s side as Bolton aim to build on a positive start at Leyton Orient.

Schön was an unused substitute for the Carabao Cup tie against Mansfield Town on Tuesday night and is excited to experience the atmosphere this weekend.

“Wow! What can I say? A full stadium in front of 25,000 people, it is going to be a tough game but we are going for the three points,” he beamed.

“It has been really good so far. I was happy to play my first minutes here with this club. I am looking forward to competing and playing more games.”

The 23-year-old joined the Whites from Hungarian club Fehérvár over the summer and got his first taste of League One football at Brisbane Road last weekend.

It was a promising start for Schön, who played the full 90 minutes and was involved in Dion Charles’ opener with a pinpoint pass to Aaron Collins.

“I had other options but when the manager and sporting director (Chris Markham) called me, we had a really good meeting,” he recalled.

“That was maybe a month ago and after that meeting, I decided that I would come here because the energy was really positive.

“They told me a lot of good things about the club and, of course, I already knew about it because it is a really big club. I am really happy that I am here.

“My first game was difficult against a club who pressed us really high and were compact, but the team did a good job to win the game.”

Schön is one of eight new additions at Wanderers so far this summer as the side aims to bounce back from their play-off heartbreak against Oxford United.

The wing-back knows there is a level of expectancy that comes with playing for a club like Bolton but is relishing the challenge ahead and wants to help the team go one step further this season.

“I heard about last season and how the team did,” he said. “I am here to help the team, I will give 100 per cent on the pitch.

“Footballers have pressure but I can take it. I like playing under pressure and in the big games.”

Schön became the second Hungarian to play for the Whites when he stepped over the white line at Leyton Orient.

Adam Bogdan was the first, having racked up more than 100 appearances in the North West between 2007 and 2015.

Schön spoke with the goalkeeper before signing on the dotted line at Wanderers, and he only had positive things to say about his time at the club.

“I knew Bolton from when they were in the Premier League and the Championship,” the new signing continued. “I spoke with (Bogdan) before I came here and he told me really good, positive things.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum