Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FT: Bolton 0-4 Huddersfield

+5
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
Cajunboy
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1FT: Bolton 0-4 Huddersfield Empty FT: Bolton 0-4 Huddersfield Sat Sep 14 2024, 00:01

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Well will this match be the true start to our season or will the current drossy one just continue?

Huddersfield relegated last season with Micky Duff newly in charge (who left two clubs the previous season - Barnsley to join Championship Swansea, where he ended up getting sacked).

They've won 3 out of the 4 league games so far to our one!

I'm going for a win as it's about time for us to get another one.

No idea what the team will be but I'd be very much surprised if Sheehan isn't starting if fit.

Up the Trotters!!!

2FT: Bolton 0-4 Huddersfield Empty Re: FT: Bolton 0-4 Huddersfield Sat Sep 14 2024, 08:01

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Not sure there's much new evidence to show that we can now expect to win games against the top clubs in the league. Lots of pressure on Evatt and team though so hopefully this is the one they start firing.

3FT: Bolton 0-4 Huddersfield Empty Re: FT: Bolton 0-4 Huddersfield Sat Sep 14 2024, 15:38

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Well I was wrong about Sheehan being in the starting eleven.

4FT: Bolton 0-4 Huddersfield Empty Re: FT: Bolton 0-4 Huddersfield Sat Sep 14 2024, 16:27

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just seen we are losing by 2 goals!!! affraid affraid

Evatt get your coat and leave!

5FT: Bolton 0-4 Huddersfield Empty Re: FT: Bolton 0-4 Huddersfield Sat Sep 14 2024, 16:52

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If I wasn’t down south on holiday, I would be so pissed at the score right now.

Currently Bolton 0-4 Huddersfield!!!

6FT: Bolton 0-4 Huddersfield Empty Re: FT: Bolton 0-4 Huddersfield Sat Sep 14 2024, 16:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can anyone who’s been to the game comment on the atmosphere today? Has it been more toxic with more fans booing etc?

7FT: Bolton 0-4 Huddersfield Empty Re: FT: Bolton 0-4 Huddersfield Sat Sep 14 2024, 17:21

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Rarely do I call for the manager’s head, and it seems crazy after so few games, but I don’t think Evatt will recover from this. It seems to me that he just doesn’t have the tactical know-how to adapt from his preferred system and therefore simply can’t compete with the clubs managed by those who can. We have the players to compete in this game so it’s on him to set them up, and adapt as required.

I don’t know the financial implications, or who is available, but would prefer to see him removed to give us a chance at the play-offs if still possible.

Dropping Sheehan (I know he has his failings) for this game just didn’t make any sense to me.

8FT: Bolton 0-4 Huddersfield Empty Re: FT: Bolton 0-4 Huddersfield Sat Sep 14 2024, 17:41

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who’s gonna come in. The problem is the lack of investment. Simple.

9FT: Bolton 0-4 Huddersfield Empty Re: FT: Bolton 0-4 Huddersfield Sat Sep 14 2024, 17:44

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

10FT: Bolton 0-4 Huddersfield Empty Re: FT: Bolton 0-4 Huddersfield Sat Sep 14 2024, 17:45

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Who’s gonna come in. The problem is the lack of investment. Simple.

The lack of investment?

We threw automatic promotion away for the last two seasons!

11FT: Bolton 0-4 Huddersfield Empty Re: FT: Bolton 0-4 Huddersfield Sat Sep 14 2024, 18:01

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone fancy Neil Warnock? Very Happy

12FT: Bolton 0-4 Huddersfield Empty Re: FT: Bolton 0-4 Huddersfield Sat Sep 14 2024, 18:05

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:
Can somebody quickly find a sword for him to fall on.

13FT: Bolton 0-4 Huddersfield Empty Re: FT: Bolton 0-4 Huddersfield Sat Sep 14 2024, 18:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That fourth goal. Rolling Eyes

14FT: Bolton 0-4 Huddersfield Empty Re: FT: Bolton 0-4 Huddersfield Sat Sep 14 2024, 18:15

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:Anyone fancy Neil Warnock? Very Happy
No, then I'm not gay.

15FT: Bolton 0-4 Huddersfield Empty Re: FT: Bolton 0-4 Huddersfield Sat Sep 14 2024, 18:41

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

The lack of investment?

We threw automatic promotion away for the last two seasons!

We lost our way on the back of two injuries. Two. That highlighted how weak our squad was. This season we haven’t improved it. And the so called stars are all out of form at the same time. 

It’s clear Evatt doesn’t fancy it anymore from his comments today. Sharon obviously asked him to stay as a favour. 

The league is really strong this season and our crappy squad has been found out big time.

16FT: Bolton 0-4 Huddersfield Empty Re: FT: Bolton 0-4 Huddersfield Sat Sep 14 2024, 21:14

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

With Evatt in charge we're going down.

17FT: Bolton 0-4 Huddersfield Empty Re: FT: Bolton 0-4 Huddersfield Sat Sep 14 2024, 21:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Tippy Tappy Mark II DOESN'T WORK

Is this the beginning of the end for Evatt..?

The goals ALL OF THEM EASILY PREVENTABLE!

Their fourth goal is just a piss take - just boot the ball into row Z ffs!!!

See for yourselves...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

18FT: Bolton 0-4 Huddersfield Empty Re: FT: Bolton 0-4 Huddersfield Sat Sep 14 2024, 21:52

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

19FT: Bolton 0-4 Huddersfield Empty Re: FT: Bolton 0-4 Huddersfield Sat Sep 14 2024, 22:39

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Blaming the fans a la Megson. “That’s what you get ere” remember that after Hull. 

Yeah unlike the millionaires on the pitch who can flounce back to their mansions in a rolls Royce the fans will be back at a soul destroying 9-5 on Monday. 

Got to feel for Evatt he’s been through some hard things apparently. Give me a break. Try working for a living mate.

20FT: Bolton 0-4 Huddersfield Empty Re: FT: Bolton 0-4 Huddersfield Sun Sep 15 2024, 06:51

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I was watching this debacle on a cruise ship in Barca.  Needless to say this was a non-Barca display. 
In the cold light of day Huddersfield showed us why they were a championship side last season. 
Once again we refused to cross a ball or have a shot. The tippy tappy at the back came home to roost. It’s not the loss so much that I am concerned about- it’s the lack of chances produced. Time GT and Schon to sit down IMO.  New orders for the next game “shoot on sight” “cross at every opportunity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum