Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Villa want £2million for Warnock

+15
BoltonTillIDie
Mallorca Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok_Rebel
doffcocker
xmiles
wanderlust
JonnyRandom
Culcheth_White
terenceanne
Lofty_Love
Reebok Trotter
rammywhite
aaron_bwfc
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Villa want £2million for Warnock Empty Villa want £2million for Warnock Thu Dec 06 2012, 12:13

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Seems Villa are going to be asking for cash for Warnock once his loan expires, that's if we want to bring him back to the club.

The full-back, whose loan expires in just over a fortnight, is facing a demoralising return to the Midlands club over the festive break to await news of his future.

Villa are understood to want £2million for the 30-year-old defender, who has been one of the most consistent members of the squad since his arrival back in September.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Villa want £2million for Warnock Empty Re: Villa want £2million for Warnock Thu Dec 06 2012, 12:16

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Is he worth it? If we've got the money I would say yes. I think he's done a solid job for us.

3Villa want £2million for Warnock Empty Re: Villa want £2million for Warnock Thu Dec 06 2012, 12:17

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would rather take him on loan till the end of the season but 2 million for a decent 30 year old experienced full back represents good value.

4Villa want £2million for Warnock Empty Re: Villa want £2million for Warnock Thu Dec 06 2012, 12:22

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

He's been our best defender this season IMO, not sure on Alonso to be honest, so I wouldn't argue at paying £2million for him.

5Villa want £2million for Warnock Empty Re: Villa want £2million for Warnock Thu Dec 06 2012, 12:27

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hes miles better than Alonso, hes the best left back we've had for a while.

But id like to see it haggled down to 1 - 1.5 mill, he is 30 and will ask for pretty big wages and tbh right now every little counts. That bit of extra money could pay the wages for a free transfer.

At least then Alonso will have a good experience left back to learn from and compete with for the next couple of years, might improve him as well.

6Villa want £2million for Warnock Empty Re: Villa want £2million for Warnock Thu Dec 06 2012, 12:34

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WE need to make a decision pretty sharpish because I would hate to see a rival club snap him up at that price.

7Villa want £2million for Warnock Empty Re: Villa want £2million for Warnock Thu Dec 06 2012, 12:36

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Dougie doesn't strike me as a fool, so I imagine a plan is already in place once warnocks loan expires.

8Villa want £2million for Warnock Empty Re: Villa want £2million for Warnock Thu Dec 06 2012, 13:00

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Not sure on this one ..... 2 mill is a lot for us at this point. Not much of an upside at 30 but he does have experience in his favor.

9Villa want £2million for Warnock Empty Re: Villa want £2million for Warnock Thu Dec 06 2012, 13:40

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I can't see Dougie splashing out any where near £2 million for Warnock. Warnock is on massive wages at Villa, he would obviously need to take a substantial drop in his salary to come here.

Warnock is 30 now, so paying a large transfer fee (for a Championship club) plus his hefty wages, he also wouldn't have much if any resale value,I just can't see it.

10Villa want £2million for Warnock Empty Re: Villa want £2million for Warnock Thu Dec 06 2012, 13:42

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Reebok Trotter wrote:WE need to make a decision pretty sharpish because I would hate to see a rival club snap him up at that price.

Apparently sunderland may be interested

11Villa want £2million for Warnock Empty Re: Villa want £2million for Warnock Thu Dec 06 2012, 13:44

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

JonnyRandom wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:WE need to make a decision pretty sharpish because I would hate to see a rival club snap him up at that price.

Apparently sunderland may be interested
Sunderland are also sniffing around Giudetti ( from City) - so again Dougie would have to be quick off the mark to get him,if he wants him.

12Villa want £2million for Warnock Empty Re: Villa want £2million for Warnock Thu Dec 06 2012, 13:49

I don't know about Warnock, when I've seen him he's been okay but not that good. I really don't think I'd pay £2 million for him considering he's 30, got a bit of a patchy injury record and would probably be looking at a half decent wage.

13Villa want £2million for Warnock Empty Re: Villa want £2million for Warnock Thu Dec 06 2012, 14:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

£2 million is a heck of a lot of money and it should be spent wisely. We've pissed away money in the past and I get the impression we are viewed as a soft touch. Our scouts just don't seem to be coming up with the bargains we need. £2million bought Michu for Swansea. £1.5 million got Eagles. Can't see a competent-but-not-outstanding FB like Warnock being worth £2m (and certainly don't think Alonso has paid back the £2.5m we paid for him!)

We have a history of paying over the odds for players and the sooner we start pulling some bargain basement stars out of the bag the sooner sellers will stop rubbing their hands together when their player is linked to BWFC.

Somewhere, there is an undiscovered back 4 that could be bought for £2million so it's about time we started unearthing low-cost talent instead of continually going for the bleedin' obvious at inflated prices.

14Villa want £2million for Warnock Empty Re: Villa want £2million for Warnock Thu Dec 06 2012, 14:27

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Warnock's contract is up with Villa in May. That's why I would prefer a loan deal until the end of the season. It looks as if Villa are trying to make a few bob now rather than get nothing in May.

Last edited by Reebok Trotter on Thu Dec 06 2012, 14:27; edited 1 time in total

15Villa want £2million for Warnock Empty Re: Villa want £2million for Warnock Thu Dec 06 2012, 14:27

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

bwfc1874 wrote:I don't know about Warnock, when I've seen him he's been okay but not that good. I really don't think I'd pay £2 million for him considering he's 30, got a bit of a patchy injury record and would probably be looking at a half decent wage.

That pretty much sums up my feelings.

I think the combination of the price tag and his wage demands will sink this anyway.

16Villa want £2million for Warnock Empty Re: Villa want £2million for Warnock Thu Dec 06 2012, 14:30

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Reebok Trotter wrote:Warnock's contract is up with Villa in May. That's why I would prefer a loan deal until the end of the season. It looks as if Villa are trying to make a few bob now rather than get nothing in May.

Agreed. I don't think promotion is a realistic prospect this season. So better to conserve our paltry funds rather than splash what little cash we have got in a vain attempt to make the play offs. And hope Dougie can get us up next season.

17Villa want £2million for Warnock Empty Re: Villa want £2million for Warnock Thu Dec 06 2012, 23:34

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Warnock is a clumsy apeth. I thought that even when he was at Villa - I remember against us at Villa Park a few years ago when he could easily have conceded a penalty and been sent off for two poor and needless challenges.
Despite this, I like the idea of him being a Wanderer, long-term. All things considered, he's a good player. That said, £2m is a lot of money for a Championship club to spend on a 30 year old left back.

18Villa want £2million for Warnock Empty Re: Villa want £2million for Warnock Fri Dec 07 2012, 01:21

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:£2 million is a heck of a lot of money and it should be spent wisely. We've pissed away money in the past and I get the impression we are viewed as a soft touch. Our scouts just don't seem to be coming up with the bargains we need. £2million bought Michu for Swansea. £1.5 million got Eagles. Can't see a competent-but-not-outstanding FB like Warnock being worth £2m (and certainly don't think Alonso has paid back the £2.5m we paid for him!)

We have a history of paying over the odds for players and the sooner we start pulling some bargain basement stars out of the bag the sooner sellers will stop rubbing their hands together when their player is linked to BWFC.

Somewhere, there is an undiscovered back 4 that could be bought for £2million so it's about time we started unearthing low-cost talent instead of continually going for the bleedin' obvious at inflated prices.

Aye....good points....however you need the scouts and people who know what a footballer looks like. Maybe we should hire Mugson as a scout ..... he did spot one or two.

19Villa want £2million for Warnock Empty Warnock... Fri Dec 07 2012, 10:32

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They want paying for him, something I know we wont do...

So, who are we going to get on a half season loan to replace him now?

20Villa want £2million for Warnock Empty Re: Villa want £2million for Warnock Fri Dec 07 2012, 10:34

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The same topic is 5 threads down btw

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum