Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

hope you all enjoy the championship...

+8
Lyric Todkill
NickFazer
Lofty_Love
xmiles
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
Reebok_Rebel
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

No investment at all.
fucking sick to the back teeth of this, we are NEVER going to get anywhere relying on begging and borrowing loan deals from other clubs.
I wish gartside and the rest of anyone associated with BWFC would shut the hell up about promotion. we are never going to get it with this rag tag mob of useless twats!
We are never going to invest in the team, without spending a bit of cash we will stay in the championship - the way to pay our debts off is to get back to the premiership - how the fuck are we supposed to do that without first getting a squad capable of getting us there!
I understand we are in debt, but I fail to understand where begging to scrape the bowls of other clubs for the bits and bobs they dont need gets us- spend some fucking money!

Rant over...

Cant believe I did that on my phone! that's how much that article pissed me off! im not a happy bunny already as im forced to work 2 Saturdays a year, this is one of them.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The article doesnt say we wont be signing anyone it's just saying we won't be spending big - which is what I expected anyway.

I do think we should invest a big of cash into the right signings though, especially with the TV money going up so much.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

BoltonTillIDie wrote:The article doesnt say we wont be signing anyone it's just saying we won't be spending big - which is what I expected anyway.

I do think we should invest a big of cash into the right signings though, especially with the TV money going up so much.

its this bit that riles me...

"But he is realistic in his demands, and accepts with the division’s
biggest wage budget already stretching finances tight, he will not be
handed millions by owner Eddie Davies when the transfer window reopens
in 10 day’s time."

Thats preparing the fans for a fall as usual.

It will be beg, borrow and steal.

on a positive note, we MAY sign the next messi! Alas, by our current standards, it would only be a loan - so he would go back to his parent club who could then sell him for 60 million...

all our 'rivals' will spend pretty big money - they will want to get somewhere, our bored seem happy just scratching around...

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Getting in the Premier League got us into this financial mess in the first place. I don't remember being £130m in debt last time we played at this level.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:Getting in the Premier League got us into this financial mess in the first place. I don't remember being £130m in debt last time we played at this level.

Thats that sorted then.

forget playing with the worlds Elite, we will just stay a tin pot club in a shitty league...

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Go to the shop and try and buy a £900 TV with £40 in your pocket and a horrific credit rating.

Let me know how you get on.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Thats that sorted then.

forget playing with the worlds Elite, we will just stay a tin pot club in a shitty league...

If we get promoted we will be forced to buy even bigger ponces than we have now for even sillier prices. That £130m debt will be doubled inside 5 years.

And despite the shite start to life in the Championship, I'm still enjoying it far more than the last 5 years in the PL.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Thats that sorted then.

If we get promoted we will be forced to buy even bigger ponces than we have now for even sillier prices. That £130m debt will be doubled inside 5 years.

And despite the shite start to life in the Championship, I'm still enjoying it far more than the last 5 years in the PL.

Your enjoying it?

Jesus, Id hate to see what your like when your not enjoying it....

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Your enjoying it?

This is me having fun.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Your enjoying it?

This is me having fun.

And I was wondering why your still a virgin... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

So we have "the division’s biggest wage budget". Jesus what are we paying some of these buggers? More proof (not that any is needed) of Coyle's idiocy. What salary are useless twats like Pratley and Mears on?

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Yeah everyone knows you've not spent enough until your in 190 million debt....

The club has invested heavily for the last decade, we don't have a bloody bottomless pit of money, what did you think was going to happen when we got relegated?

Or lets just keep spending and target administration by 2015..

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Lofty_Love wrote:Yeah everyone knows you've not spent enough until your in 190 million debt....

The club has invested heavily for the last decade, we don't have a bloody bottomless pit of money, what did you think was going to happen when we got relegated?

lets say you have a 100 grand mortgage on your house.

would you rather spend a tenner to gain 30 quid.

or spend £100 to gain 50 grand...

I know what id do.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:

I truly hope so.

It's my dream to support FC Bolton.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

To get promoted this season they would need to gamble upwards of 20 Million even if players of the required standard become available and are willing to join what is a mid table outfit at best. That is for starters, fail to go up and the running costs are increased, manage it and then have to invest another similar amount to give your self a decent chance of staying up.

The club has lost an average of over 10 million pounds per season in the Premier League over 10 years, should Bolton finish more than 10 points away from the relegation zone this season do not be surprised if it is placed in administration. This is a far more realistic way [shithouse trick though it is] of reducing the debt and starting with a relatively clean slate. The bottom line is that this is a Championship sized club with Championship sized support, an unbroken spell in the top division has been subsidised by borrowed money which has now run out.

Over to you Eddie

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

lets say you have a 100 grand mortgage on your house.

would you rather spend a tenner to gain 30 quid.

or spend £100 to gain 50 grand...

I know what id do.

Spending money isn't a guarantee of getting promoted.

Look at QPR, tens of millions spent and huge wage bills and they are still second bottom.

Blackburn have spent far far more than us are are below us in the table.

And we ourselves have the largest wage budget in the League.

I think that this year especially has shown that you don't even need huge investment to do well in the league anyway, of course it helps, but we just don't have the money when taking in to account the risk, even West Ham with all their money AND Big Sam at the helm only finished 3rd.

We threw money at Megson and that ultimately is the reason we are in such a mess, and where did it get us in the end? 15th in the Championship with 130 million debt.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It isn't just about money, it's about having a manager who can spot good players in the lower leagues. Megson and Coyle were fucking clueless at picking a player with potential, if we are to progress Dougie will have to find one or two gems for peanuts. You know, do what a manager is supposed to do!

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Agreed, that Crystal Palace team was assembled for hardly anything, I think their collective cost is less than N'gogs.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:It isn't just about money, it's about having a manager who can spot good players in the lower leagues. Megson and Coyle were fucking clueless at picking a player with potential, if we are to progress Dougie will have to find one or two gems for peanuts. You know, do what a manager is supposed to do!

Absolutely bang on. This is a rebuild job, not just a case of one or two players to make a side good enough to get promoted.

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Your enjoying it?

This is me having fun.

Because you aren't attending?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum