Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dawson wants game time

+4
Reebok Trotter
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dawson wants game time Empty Dawson wants game time Sun Jan 27 2013, 20:39

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Craig Dawson aims to succeed with Wanderers where he struggled at West Brom and win a regular first team-shirt.

“To keep developing I’ve got to be playing games,” he said. “I’ve not been able to quite get a first-team spot here (at West Brom) because Jonas (Olsson) and Gareth (McAuley) have done really well. “

So, hopefully, I can get some games at Bolton. “It’s not going to be easy to get into the team there either. “It’s a squad full of experienced Premier League players.

“It’s going to be a tough task but I can hopefully do well. “You’ve got to be playing games to improve and, hopefully, I can do that at Bolton and come back and play games.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Dawson wants game time Empty Re: Dawson wants game time Sun Jan 27 2013, 20:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dawson wants game time?

You've come to the wrong club fella.

3Dawson wants game time Empty Re: Dawson wants game time Sun Jan 27 2013, 20:51

Natasha Whittam wrote:Dawson wants game time?

You've come to the wrong club fella.

Sleep

4Dawson wants game time Empty Re: Dawson wants game time Sun Jan 27 2013, 20:55

He'll be in quite quickly, West Brom haven't let him go for no reason. Be surprised if there wasn't some sort of agreement about game time between the clubs.

Who do we think he'll replace? By all accounts Ream has improved recently. Think I'd rather see him keep his place, in the hope that he can develop into a proper centre back, he's got talent I think he needs more experience and confidence to be good enough.

5Dawson wants game time Empty Re: Dawson wants game time Sun Jan 27 2013, 21:00

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Fact:

98.6% of Bolton loan players since 2007 wanting game time have been disappointed.

6Dawson wants game time Empty Re: Dawson wants game time Sun Jan 27 2013, 21:01

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

True, but not under Dougie's watch.

7Dawson wants game time Empty Re: Dawson wants game time Sun Jan 27 2013, 21:05

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He'll go straight in the squad, dougie can see that zat knight is useless.

8Dawson wants game time Empty Re: Dawson wants game time Sun Jan 27 2013, 21:15

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is he match fit though,

Pointless starting someone who's struggling after 70 minutes.

9Dawson wants game time Empty Re: Dawson wants game time Sun Jan 27 2013, 21:32

doffcocker wrote:Fact:

98.6% of Bolton loan players since 2007 wanting game time have been disappointed.

If they're good enough they've gone in, most players we loaned were done so to bulk out the squad. I'd suspect Dawson will be our best centre back. He'll play.

10Dawson wants game time Empty Re: Dawson wants game time Sun Jan 27 2013, 21:33

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Is he match fit though,

Pointless starting someone who's struggling after 70 minutes.

Better still, why not just bring him off after 70 minutes?

11Dawson wants game time Empty Re: Dawson wants game time Sun Jan 27 2013, 21:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

If they're good enough they've gone in, most players we loaned were done so to bulk out the squad.

Name me one player under Coyle or Coyle Mk II who went straight into the first team.

Fooking Sturridge & Wilshere started on the bench!

12Dawson wants game time Empty Re: Dawson wants game time Sun Jan 27 2013, 22:37

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

If they're good enough they've gone in, most players we loaned were done so to bulk out the squad.

Name me one player under Coyle or Coyle Mk II who went straight into the first team.

Its not about being starting 11 in their first game, your infatuation with that is stupid. Its whether or not they play regularly for us and improve the team, Dawson will do both.

Luis Suarez came in a January window and started on the bench. Its perfectly normal for new signings, stop whining.

13Dawson wants game time Empty Re: Dawson wants game time Mon Jan 28 2013, 07:38

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Embarassed
Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

That should be the case 80% of the time anyway, loans can be great yes, but we can't always rely on loan signings and concentrate on giving them game time when we have our own players who could do with game time. It's like when Coyle was playing Afobe over Sordell, why? What was the point in that when Sordell will still be here when Afobe isn't. We should prioritise our own players over loan players.

14Dawson wants game time Empty Re: Dawson wants game time Mon Jan 28 2013, 10:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Frankly I'd be happier if they took a week or two to get to know the other players and the system before we throw them into the ring.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum