Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A blast from the past. ( The good old days. )

2 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was always an avid reader of the White Love fanzine before it folded. I have dug out a copy from 2000 and here is an article written back then by a well known scribe which just shows how very little things actually change over the years.

" In issue 28 of " White Love" I wrote an article called ' Drop The Dead Donkeys' which was written towards the end of last season. In the article I called for the sale/murder of many of the squad. I stick by most of my opinions ( Dean Holdsworth, Andy Todd, Mike Whitlow ) but I feel that two players have rammed my criticisms back down my throat.

Gudni Bergsson has been a rock this season. In the past he's been easily pushed off the ball and his habit of always letting the ball bounce had half the Reebok tearing their hair out ( the other half are bald.) His partnership with Mark Fish ( why oh why did Colin Todd leave him in the reserves?) is the main reason why we find ourselves in the top half of the division and not fighting relegation.

The other player who has come on in leaps and bounds is Ricardo Gardner. He's still all legs and elbows but someone seems to have taught him how to pass, and when he runs at the defence these days he he actually has some sort of control over the ball. Along with Jensen and Gudjohnsen he has become one of the outstanding you talents in the Nationwide. And that's it. Sorry to all concerned.

P.S. Andy Todd for £750,000? Which Andy Todd were they watching ? It can't have been the one who couldn't head, couldn't pass and had the positional sense of a felt tip pen."

Last edited by Reebok Trotter on Sun Feb 05 2012, 16:31; edited 1 time in total

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Think I remember reading that and thinking "what a miserable git!"

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum