Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

McLeish leaves Forest and Billy Davies (and Julian Darby) take over!

+6
Sgt. Bash
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
rammywhite
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Alex Mc Leish has 'left' Forest after only 6 weeks. The claim is that he and the foreign owners disagreed about developmnet.
McLeish is a decent bloke and Forest have always similarly been a decent club.
So yet again it seems that our game is being badly treated by another bunch of foreign owners who want to flaunt their wealth by buying an English football club- and then expecting them to get promoted ,and then presumably get silverware and play in Europe. Blackburn have been screwed, and now Forest (amongst others). In both cases its foreign wealthy owners using clubs like playthings. No understanding of the nature of the game and how it works, and just how difficult it is to get success. No idea of the history and emotional investment of generations of supporters in their clubs. This whole thing is getting to be a sickener.
If any rich foreigner ever pitches up at the Reebok waving wads of probably ill gotten dollars, I hope they're run out of town. The last thing I want for my club is that its a piece of trophyism for someone who neither knows nor cares about BWFC- but wants it because his rich mates have also got a club

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"big ek"

One of the worst managers in the game.

And pundits still line up to sing his praises.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:Alex Mc Leish has 'left' Forest after only 6 weeks. The claim is that he and the foreign owners disagreed about developmnet.
McLeish is a decent bloke and Forest have always similarly been a decent club.
So yet again it seems that our game is being badly treated by another bunch of foreign owners who want to flaunt their wealth by buying an English football club- and then expecting them to get promoted ,and then presumably get silverware and play in Europe. Blackburn have been screwed, and now Forest (amongst others). In both cases its foreign wealthy owners using clubs like playthings. No understanding of the nature of the game and how it works, and just how difficult it is to get success. No idea of the history and emotional investment of generations of supporters in their clubs. This whole thing is getting to be a sickener.
If any rich foreigner evr pitches up at the Reebok waving wads of probably ill gotten dollars, I hope they're run out of town. The last thing I want for my club is that its a piece of trophyism for someone who neither knows nor cares about BWFC- but wants it because his rich mates have also got a club

I couldn't agree more.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

He wasn't so bad managing Rangers- he won a lot of silverware up there.
Whether he was good bad or indifferent is irrelevant. His treatment- effectively sacked after 6 weeks ( and 7 games) is a disgrace. How is he supposed to do anything in 6 weeks. If we applied that logic at BWFC that you get 6 weeks to prove yourself- then since the fat walrus went off to Newcastle, then we'd have got through more managers than BH in his fantasies claims to have had women

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I don't rate him as a manager but 6 weeks is a disgrace, foreign owners just don't have a clue about the game and though we are in large sum of debt I am thankful ED actually knows his onions when it comes to bwfc and football.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

One of the worst managers in the game.

How can you say that?

He spent millions at Birmingham and got them relegated. Went to Villa and spent even more cash while guiding them to their lowest top flight finish for 30 years. Then went to a promotion chasing Forest and lost 5 of his 7 games in charge.

It's a mystery why he was sacked.

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The decision to sack Sean O'Driscoll right after a 3-2 win away at Leeds is looking really good now.

I think the Forest owners might have just overtaken Venky's in the worst Football club owner table.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Al-Hasawi told the club's official website: "I'm bitterly disappointed - as is Alex - that it has not worked out as we had hoped when he became our manager and I would like to put on record my thanks for his services to the club and wish him every success in the future."

McLeish said: "I am extremely saddened to be leaving after such a short period but even so it has been a privilege to be manager of such a fantastic football club and I want to thank the players, staff and fans for their support and wish Nottingham Forest the best of fortunes ahead.

"Both parties entered into the relationship in good faith, however, there was a difference in the understanding of the development strategy of the football club and it was felt by both parties that we should part company."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11727/8473102/Nottingham-Forest-have-parted-company-with-manager-Alex-McLeish-by-mutual-agreement.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Let's hope we stuff them in a couple of weeks time.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

With a bit of luck he will be managing Blackburn next week.

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Good i hate that prick

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And Forest's new manager is......ex Forest manager Billy Davies.

You couldn't make it up. They sacked Davies because the play-offs weren't good enough for them. Did the same to O'Driscoll.

Davies must be desperate.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Blackpool tried to tempt Davies but he turned them down. It looks like Dowie is going to Oldham.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Coyle is still available. I guess he keeps turning down all these offers.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's the best manager he has ever been, don't you know?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Nottingham Forest have re-appointed Billy Davies as their new manager, just 20 months after he was sacked.

Davies has signed a three-and-half-year deal and told BBC East Midlands Today he has "unfinished business" at the club he left in June 2011.

The 48-year-old Scot said: "I am delighted to be coming back to finish the task that my staff and I started. It feels like I am coming home."

Former Forest coaches David Kelly and Julian Darby have also returned.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy wrote: David Kelly

Super Johns mate.

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Ignore! (Post moved to another thread)

Sponsored content