Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Celebrity

+11
aaron_bwfc
Tigermin
Mr Magoo
BoltonTillIDie
Leeds_Trotter
Reebok Trotter
Soul Kitchen
NickFazer
Hipster_Nebula
Sgt. Bash
doffcocker
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Celebrity Empty Celebrity Thu Feb 07 2013, 17:28

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

As I stepped out of Subway at Middlebrook this afternoon and headed for Sports Direct, it hit me that I was walking meters behind Kevin Davies. Instead of overtaking him (I wouldn't have been the first) or introducing myself as his biggest fan, I kept my distance to observe what it's like for the town's favourite footballer to walk down the street.

In the space of thirty seconds, he was greeted by several people who he presumably hadn't spoken to before in his life, and who undoubtedly wouldn't have done so were it his job to save lives as opposed to kicking a bag of air round a field. I have to say, he was a complete gent to everyone!

Is money always a fair substitute for freedom and privacy?

Is there a tasteful and distasteful way of behaving towards celebrities, who admittedly should at least to an extent engage socially with the public?

2Celebrity Empty Re: Celebrity Thu Feb 07 2013, 18:00

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I met Kevin Davies a few years a go. He was going into the hotel at the ground as I was walking past, and despite the fact he could've easily ignored me and carried on going inside, he very kindly posed for a photo with my niece. Proper gent.

3Celebrity Empty Re: Celebrity Thu Feb 07 2013, 18:42

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've met a lot of celebs in my time, as you might have expected.

the one that star struck me most was Rick Waller in the Southampton West Quay.

4Celebrity Empty Re: Celebrity Thu Feb 07 2013, 19:13

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Bumped into Gudni Bergsson once in an Italian Restaurant, he was sat with his wife and I had a jacket on with the club badge on it and he must have seen it as we were going towards his table. He nodded and let on and I thought about stopping to talk to him and then thought better of it and just went to my table. On his way out he went out of his way to say goodnight, I like to think he appreciated being left alone.

5Celebrity Empty Re: Celebrity Thu Feb 07 2013, 20:37

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Spent an afternoon in the company of Nat Lofthouse at a sporting event locally. What a legend!

6Celebrity Empty Re: Celebrity Thu Feb 07 2013, 20:44

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was once in a crowd as Lance Armstrong cycled past. I think people should lay off him. What he has achieved is amazing. When I was on drugs I couldn't even find my bike let alone ride it.

7Celebrity Empty Re: Celebrity Thu Feb 07 2013, 20:49

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Reebok Trotter wrote:I was once in a crowd as Lance Armstrong cycled past. I think people should lay off him. What he has achieved is amazing. When I was on drugs I couldn't even find my bike let alone ride it.
Trotter you do make me laugh!

8Celebrity Empty Re: Celebrity Thu Feb 07 2013, 21:40

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I've met a lot of celebs in my time, as you might have expected.

the one that star struck me most was Rick Waller in the Southampton West Quay.
Did he try eating you too?

9Celebrity Empty Re: Celebrity Thu Feb 07 2013, 21:41

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I walked past Richard Sneekes once - didn't realise who he was until a few mins later

10Celebrity Empty Re: Celebrity Thu Feb 07 2013, 21:50

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Soul Kitchen wrote:Spent an afternoon in the company of Nat Lofthouse at a sporting event locally. What a legend!

Met him a few times, absolute gent, god bless him.

11Celebrity Empty Re: Celebrity Thu Feb 07 2013, 22:17

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Mr Magoo wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:Spent an afternoon in the company of Nat Lofthouse at a sporting event locally. What a legend!

Met him a few times, absolute gent, god bless him.

Met a lot of high profile footballers,golfers etc but top of the pile Shearer and Speedo,Big Sam close behind. Some people dont forget where they come from thankfully !!

12Celebrity Empty Re: Celebrity Thu Feb 07 2013, 22:20

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Not really a celeb, but I took Tony Blair around my school when he came to open it, he was still PM at the time. Felt rather honoured to be given such a special opportunity by my school.

13Celebrity Empty Re: Celebrity Thu Feb 07 2013, 22:41

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Once met super kev after he had been warming down after the time we beat united 1-0 under megson, chatted for a min or 2 and got my photo with him, very good bloke.

14Celebrity Empty Re: Celebrity Fri Feb 08 2013, 07:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Robbie Savage - top bloke. I once organised a charity do. Savage bought a table for himself and his guests, and then bought up all the spare places as well. Then spent thousands on the auction and donated the prizes to the charity.

Some celebs remember where they came from, but most are arrogant pricks.

15Celebrity Empty Re: Celebrity Fri Feb 08 2013, 16:14

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:Robbie Savage - top bloke. I once organised a charity do. Savage bought a table for himself and his guests, and then bought up all the spare places as well. Then spent thousands on the auction and donated the prizes to the charity.

Some celebs remember where they came from, but most are arrogant pricks.
Savage? Top bloke?? Sorry Nat I think you're out of order on this one. On the pitch he was a cheating bastard!

16Celebrity Empty Re: Celebrity Fri Feb 08 2013, 16:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
Savage? Top bloke?? Sorry Nat I think you're out of order on this one. On the pitch he was a cheating bastard!

He was, but off the pitch the guy was a total gent.

17Celebrity Empty Re: Celebrity Fri Feb 08 2013, 17:08

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I quite like Savage, as a player he was a bit of a cunt but he's a half decent pundit to be fair, much prefer him on MOTD2 to some of the other ex footie players they have on.

18Celebrity Empty Re: Celebrity Sat Feb 09 2013, 08:18

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

aaron_bwfc wrote:I quite like Savage, as a player he was a bit of a cunt but he's a half decent pundit to be fair, much prefer him on MOTD2 to some of the other ex footie players they have on.

Aaron,
I'l grant you that. Hansen is a self righteous sod- I never understand what the hell he's talking about. He makes football sound like it's more intellectual than astro-physics. And Shearer has headed too many balls. His comments make him sound brain dead -they're virtually contentless
But Savage? Sorry- the memory of Paul Warhurst and Dean Holdsworth geting sent off by Savage's cheating antics are still too raw.

19Celebrity Empty Re: Celebrity Sat Feb 09 2013, 10:24

i once met alan hansen when i was 13 - he refused to give me his autograph because he was "out with his family". knob.

20Celebrity Empty Re: Celebrity Sat Feb 09 2013, 14:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I used to own a restaurant in the 80s which was frequented by a lot of celebs and basically the bigger the star, the less of a prick they were. Michael Palin - absolute gent, happy to chat and treated the staff well. Morrissey (at his peak) polite, kept himself to himself. However we were cursed one night when Timmy Mallett walked in, treated everyone like shit, demanded to tour the kitchens and left zero tip for the staff. Absolute tosspot.
Around that time I used to go clubbing in Manchester with my girlies and they liked to go to gay bars before we went to Sankeys etc. We went to "Flesh" at the Hacienda and saw Take That (a couple of years before they became famous) doing a stage dance act dressed as angels with little angel wings on their backs. Camp as a row of tents.
My first wife used to work at Granada TV and we frequently went to their parties at the old pub/club across the way (can't remember the name) Anyhoo, I remember a combined Corrie, Brookie and Albion Market Xmas do where Curly Watts was flailing around on the dancefloor pissed and I accidentally stubbed my fag out on the back of his hand. He was very good about it, but his drink problem gradually got worse and I'd often see him slaughtered in Didsbury lying in the gutter. Nice enough guy though when he was compos mentis.
Don't know if anyone knows of/remembers Snakefinger but he was a sound bloke and we took him to the Nile Club after a gig and he insisted on buying us all goat curry afterwards (at that taxi place in Moss Side)
Frank Worthington was a legend. When he was playing for us my gf and I came back from a club at 2.30 a.m. and saw Frank having a piss on the petrol pumps in Jellicoe's garage in Edgworth (now closed down) He was staggering a fair bit so when I asked if he was OK he slurred "f****** magic" and wobbled off down the road still pissing and trying to do up his flies at the same time. Played an absolute blinder that weekend. Definitely my fave celeb.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum