Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Portsmouth - Wonder if they are still happy they won the Cup?

+4
Soul Kitchen
Boggersbelief
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Yes they did win the Cup, on the back of buying players they had no earthly chance of paying for - but look at the now!

Portsmouth boss Guy Whittingham desperate to avoid losing record

Portsmouth caretaker manager Guy Whittingham admits a record 10th defeat in a row would hurt him and his staff.

Pompey have never lost 10 successive games or gone 20 games without a win and both statistics could be achieved away to Hartlepool on Tuesday.

The administration-hit side could also go bottom of League One and Whittingham says he is desperate to avoid that.

"Of course it will hurt," Whittingham told BBC Solent. "Every defeat hurts, we are desperately trying to avoid it."

Portsmouth have been in administration since February 2012 and are said to be £61m in debt.

They have not won since beating Shrewsbury on 20 October 2012 while their last game without defeat was the 0-0 draw with Preston on 15 December.

They are one point above bottom-placed Hartlepool and Pompey also have a 10-point penalty to come from the Football League, meaning they are face successive relegations.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21411499

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I blame Storey and Redknapp for getting them in this mess. If you ran a business like they did you would get done for fraud.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

QPR next

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I bloody well hope so!

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They're definitely going down, redknapp and fernandes will leave.

And they'll have to sustain wages of upto 100k. Next season will be a grim one for them.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Come on the Monkey Hangers!

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:QPR next

I bloody well hope so!

Portsmouth - Wonder if they are still happy they won the Cup? 677999948

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

It's only what Redknapp does yet he's got this reputation for being a great manager.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He is known for assembling attacking teams and to be fair to him his squads do play decent football but they always come at a price!

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sad this, they do have good fans, used to be a cracking atmosphere at Fratton Park. I know they spent a fortune on players under Harry but they sold them all for loads of money - lass diara, crouch, muntari, Glenn Johnson, Defoe, etc. I personally wish they were still in the Prem. it's a long way back from league 2.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As we're going through our own rebuilding programme I won't get too carried away with the problems of others, but TBF that could have been us - and still might if we don't keep a handle on expenditure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum