Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bedroom Tax

+9
Sgt. Bash
Mr Magoo
Natasha Whittam
bwfc71
Hipster_Nebula
Leeds_Trotter
WhiteBic
Reebok_Rebel
BoltonTillIDie
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Bedroom Tax - Page 2 Empty Re: Bedroom Tax Wed Feb 20 2013, 11:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We seem to be arguing two different things. I'm simply saying people should be living in council houses that suit their situation. It's wrong to have couples living in four bedroom houses when councils can't find room for familes. And not all familes are muslims Rebel!

22Bedroom Tax - Page 2 Empty Re: Bedroom Tax Wed Feb 20 2013, 11:50

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:We seem to be arguing two different things. I'm simply saying people should be living in council houses that suit their situation. It's wrong to have couples living in four bedroom houses when councils can't find room for familes. And not all familes are muslims Rebel!

Id say at least 70% of families with stupid amounts of children are immigrants - I never said Muslims, but its a fact - they are. they are happy to keep shagging like rabbits but refuse to use any form of contraception leading to massive families they cant afford to keep.

At the time when there is a well known housing shortage, where are these people supposed to go who live in houses deemed to be too big for them when there are no houses for them to go in to?

like I said - its a money making scam.

23Bedroom Tax - Page 2 Empty Re: Bedroom Tax Wed Feb 20 2013, 11:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Id say at least 70% of families with stupid amounts of children are immigrants - I never said Muslims, but its a fact - they are. they are happy to keep shagging like rabbits but refuse to use any form of contraception leading to massive families they cant afford to keep.

At the time when there is a well known housing shortage, where are these people supposed to go who live in houses deemed to be too big for them when there are no houses for them to go in to?

You're preaching to the converted on the kids thing, I've said many times on here that I would make it a crime to have more than one child, and there should be a child licence to prove you can afford to have one.

24Bedroom Tax - Page 2 Empty Re: Bedroom Tax Wed Feb 20 2013, 12:00

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

You're preaching to the converted on the kids thing, I've said many times on here that I would make it a crime to have more than one child, and there should be a child licence to prove you can afford to have one.

I agree slightly on the 'Dont have more kids than you can afford' thing.

i also however, Agree that its a woman's right to have a kid, maybe even 2 or 3 of them, but we should draw the line somewhere if people are obviously popping kids out year on year just for more benefits.

A means-tested system with some application of common sense would work.

25Bedroom Tax - Page 2 Empty Re: Bedroom Tax Wed Feb 20 2013, 12:16

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
I've just looked into a few statistics regarding council houses and in 2011 research suggested that 63% of people in council accommodation had never paid a penny in tax. So how is it fair that a couple should live in a big house paid for (in the main) by the taxpayer?

I veryy much doubt that figure as it is more likely to be 6.3%, due to the fact I have many friends who live in council houses and do actually work and peole around them work. It seems to the tagg that is flying around that of one lives on a council estate or in social housing then they are natural born scroungers, which, in the majority of cases, is definitely NOT the case!

But in The Netherlands Social Housing is not for "life". You have social housing if you earn under €30,000.00 per annum (total housing income). If its above that then you are given 3 months to move out and rent privately. Also as the family changes (e.g. expands decreases etc etc etc) then this is also reviewed annual and if 1 person is living in a 3 or more bedroom house/apartment then they are reallocated to new property that is more sufficient t.

26Bedroom Tax - Page 2 Empty Re: Bedroom Tax Wed Feb 20 2013, 12:19

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

also, just to add...

The government are putting this across in the wrong way, it seems to me that an elderly widow, who lost her husband 2 years ago and Whos children are now older, working and have families of their own now - say, living in a two bedroom house and think " Dirty council house scumbag stealing my taxes" they do not see a widow who has space for guests, family etc. space that will allow her grandchildren to visit, space for family if relationships break down etc.

Nor can we force single people and childless couples out of one bedroom houses to house the elderly and other people. Where would the singles and couples go? On the street?

also, what happens if a couple with one child (say aged 7) are forced out of their 2 bed home in to a 1 bed flat, then the woman falls pregnant? with the length of time people are on waiting lists I can see it getting messy.

27Bedroom Tax - Page 2 Empty Re: Bedroom Tax Wed Feb 20 2013, 12:22

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc71 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
I've just looked into a few statistics regarding council houses and in 2011 research suggested that 63% of people in council accommodation had never paid a penny in tax. So how is it fair that a couple should live in a big house paid for (in the main) by the taxpayer?

I veryy much doubt that figure as it is more likely to be 6.3%, due to the fact I have many friends who live in council houses and do actually work and peole around them work. It seems to the tagg that is flying around that of one lives on a council estate or in social housing then they are natural born scroungers, which, in the majority of cases, is definitely NOT the case!

But in The Netherlands Social Housing is not for "life". You have social housing if you earn under €30,000.00 per annum (total housing income). If its above that then you are given 3 months to move out and rent privately. Also as the family changes (e.g. expands decreases etc etc etc) then this is also reviewed annual and if 1 person is living in a 3 or more bedroom house/apartment then they are reallocated to new property that is more sufficient t.

This is a slightly better system.

28Bedroom Tax - Page 2 Empty Re: Bedroom Tax Wed Feb 20 2013, 13:38

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

bwfc71 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Seems reasonable to me.

29Bedroom Tax - Page 2 Empty Re: Bedroom Tax Wed Feb 20 2013, 15:38

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What's the point in arguing about a country that's on it's arse?

You have no way to change it, so let them crack on and send Britain into a state of emergency. Within 20 years there will be more foreigners than there are Brits.

30Bedroom Tax - Page 2 Empty Re: Bedroom Tax Wed Feb 20 2013, 16:17

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Its a pretty common occurrence for people to change to a smaller house as they get older Rebel, even for the 'rich', its not some big disaster. I don't know many people with more than one spare bedroom.

You shouldn't be allowed a huge house just because you've had 5 kids. All those immigrants you keep ranting about will end up with mansions themselves.

And the rich pay A LOT of tax in this country.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum