Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Did we write him off to soon?

+12
Sluffy
Bernard Dennis Park
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
chipbutty
Culcheth_White
aaron_bwfc
xmiles
Jamster26
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
Triumph
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Did we write him off to soon? Empty Did we write him off to soon? Thu Feb 21 2013, 16:02

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Gardner joins the ex-Wanderers brigade at West Ham
RICARDO Gardner has become the latest ex-Wanderer to join Sam Allardyce at West Ham.

The experienced Jamaica international has been searching for a new
club since being released at the Reebok in the summer, and had been
keeping his fitness up at Euxton up until recently.
Gardner played an hour for the Hammers’ development squad last weekend
and could earn a short-term deal as defensive cover for Allardyce, who
is currently without the injured George McCartney.

Last edited by Triumph on Thu Feb 21 2013, 16:15; edited 1 time in total

2Did we write him off to soon? Empty Re: Did we write him off to soon? Thu Feb 21 2013, 16:04

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:rofl:

3Did we write him off to soon? Empty Re: Did we write him off to soon? Thu Feb 21 2013, 16:10

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

His knees have let him down. He isn't cut out for professional football anymore

4Did we write him off to soon? Empty Re: Did we write him off to soon? Thu Feb 21 2013, 16:14

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Boggersbelief wrote:His knees have let him down. He isn't cut out for professional football anymore
Sam thinks so.

5Did we write him off to soon? Empty Re: Did we write him off to soon? Thu Feb 21 2013, 16:16

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

No, we didn't. I'd be surprised if he gets more than ten games for them. He was let go at the right time.

6Did we write him off to soon? Empty Re: Did we write him off to soon? Thu Feb 21 2013, 16:19

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Jamster26 wrote:No, we didn't. I'd be surprised if he gets more than ten games for them. He was let go at the right time.

Ten minutes more like.

7Did we write him off to soon? Empty Re: Did we write him off to soon? Thu Feb 21 2013, 16:36

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Triumph wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:His knees have let him down. He isn't cut out for professional football anymore
Sam thinks so.

Sams a fat mess.

I study sports science, I know more than him.

8Did we write him off to soon? Empty Re: Did we write him off to soon? Thu Feb 21 2013, 17:32

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'm amazed he has taken him on to be honest, when was the last time he played a competitive game?

Smacks of desperation to me.

9Did we write him off to soon? Empty Re: Did we write him off to soon? Thu Feb 21 2013, 17:49

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Was it for us when he was sent off at Swansea?

10Did we write him off to soon? Empty Re: Did we write him off to soon? Thu Feb 21 2013, 17:53

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I think it was Swansea to be honest, though I think he may have made a cameo appearance late on in the season.

11Did we write him off to soon? Empty Re: Did we write him off to soon? Thu Feb 21 2013, 17:59

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Oh yeah you're right, I remember him playing about 20 minutes at the bok late last season, can't think who it was against but he actually did ok, slotted into central midfield nicely.

12Did we write him off to soon? Empty Re: Did we write him off to soon? Thu Feb 21 2013, 18:02

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

The only thing that bugs me is BSA has managed to get J'O'B back to full match fitness so perhaps it could work with Bibi. Then again having read an interview with O'brien last year he says he owes a lot to Gary megson taking him to Sheff Wed on loan.

13Did we write him off to soon? Empty Re: Did we write him off to soon? Thu Feb 21 2013, 21:28

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think Fat Sam is taking the piss! I reckon Fat Sam is going to get sacked shortly. I mean, why else would you sign Gardner?

14Did we write him off to soon? Empty Re: Did we write him off to soon? Thu Feb 21 2013, 21:53

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Gardner has been a very lucky man.
Average player with the occasional flash of brilliance. Spent most ( a lot, I don't have the stats) of his time injured but some try to make him into some kind of great Wanderers legend. Simon Charlton was I far better (left-back) player. I remember him playing centre-half against Arsenal when he shut Henrie (spelling?) out, but is now forgotten.
I don't think that SA is interested in him for his footballing ability. More of a PR job I would think.

15Did we write him off to soon? Empty Re: Did we write him off to soon? Thu Feb 21 2013, 22:11

chipbutty wrote:Gardner has been a very lucky man.
Average player with the occasional flash of brilliance. Spent most ( a lot, I don't have the stats) of his time injured but some try to make him into some kind of great Wanderers legend. Simon Charlton was I far better (left-back) player. I remember him playing centre-half against Arsenal when he shut Henrie (spelling?) out, but is now forgotten.
I don't think that SA is interested in him for his footballing ability. More of a PR job I would think.

Sorry mate but how can't you spell Henry?!

Gardner played nearly 350 games for us over a 14 year period it's not his fault he picked up injuries in that time and bare in mind he was originally a left winger. I always liked him because he was quick and direct he also gave a shit about the club if you don't think he's a legend fair enough but surely you can see why others do, for his play off final goal for one thing!

Can't see it being a PR stunt at West Ham by the way, their fans aren't ecstatic about it. He probably just wants cover at LB from a player he trusts and will probably cost very little in wages.

16Did we write him off to soon? Empty Re: Did we write him off to soon? Thu Feb 21 2013, 22:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's no legend that's for sure. A legend is a game winner.

Gardner was a decent player, he had the potential to be a great player but his final ball was truly awful. I see Chung Lee in exactly the same category. Good player but could have been great if he could cross/shoot.

17Did we write him off to soon? Empty Re: Did we write him off to soon? Thu Feb 21 2013, 22:34

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

'74' I can misspell Henry just as easily as I can misspell any other word (my spelling is dreadful but that doesn't mean I'm a bad person). I have this French pronunciation in my head that's why I went for what I did.

But my short-comings are of no interest to anyone I'm quite sure.

This RickyG thing is a bit silly in my opinion. That's all I'm saying.
There have been better players that have come and gone without this faux appreciation.

18Did we write him off to soon? Empty Re: Did we write him off to soon? Thu Feb 21 2013, 23:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

chipbutty wrote:

But my short-comings are of no interest to anyone I'm quite sure.

I'm interested. Please list them.

19Did we write him off to soon? Empty Re: Did we write him off to soon? Thu Feb 21 2013, 23:22

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Unfuckingbelievable. On his day, Bibi was a class act in the Wanderers shirt. One of our best left backs over the last twenty years ( and that wasn't even his natural position)

As far as I am concerned, Ricardo Gardner will always be in the same mould as Kevin Davies and Jussi. They gave their all for the Wanderers cause. Anyone who has the audacity to slag Gardner off for his time in a Bolton shirt, is a twat in my opinion.

20Did we write him off to soon? Empty Re: Did we write him off to soon? Thu Feb 21 2013, 23:24

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

bwfc1874 wrote:Gardner played nearly 350 games for us.

He played over 400 games I think.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum