Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Todays banner

+28
Lyric Todkill
Reebok_Rebel
Norpig
Banks of the Croal
Soul Kitchen
WhiteBic
Spirit of 58
Keegan
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
Mr Magoo
NickFazer
Sgt. Bash
MartinBWFC
Reebok Trotter
Lofty_Love
bwfc71
karlypants
Copper Dragon
Bernard Dennis Park
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
Triumph
Leeds_Trotter
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 9]

161Todays banner - Page 9 Empty Re: Todays banner Fri Nov 13 2020, 19:27

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
How rude!  Very Happy

I'll have you know i've cut down on shining my bone due to an RSI
Surprised

162Todays banner - Page 9 Empty Re: Todays banner Thu Feb 29 2024, 18:05

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At last, a banner with a bit of class. cheers

If this doesn't bring Nat back...........

163Todays banner - Page 9 Empty Re: Todays banner Thu Feb 29 2024, 18:45

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought we'd been hacked Very Happy

164Todays banner - Page 9 Empty Re: Todays banner Mon Mar 04 2024, 08:00

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not been on for a few days as i was at a family funeral on Friday, what banner was it?

165Todays banner - Page 9 Empty Re: Todays banner Mon Mar 04 2024, 09:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Not been on for a few days as i was at a family funeral on Friday, what banner was it?

Todays banner - Page 9 Img_4712

166Todays banner - Page 9 Empty Re: Todays banner Mon Mar 04 2024, 10:08

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing

167Todays banner - Page 9 Empty Re: Todays banner Mon Mar 04 2024, 10:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Laughing
Has Nat gone for good?
She'd have been apoplectic seeing that.

168Todays banner - Page 9 Empty Re: Todays banner Mon Mar 04 2024, 10:28

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Has Nat gone for good?

I hope not Boncey, i did try to contact her but not heard anything back. Hope she comes back soon  Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Norpig on Mon Mar 04 2024, 11:31; edited 1 time in total

169Todays banner - Page 9 Empty Re: Todays banner Mon Mar 04 2024, 10:50

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
Has Nat gone for good?

I hope not Boncey, i did try to contract her but not heard anything back. Hope she comes back soon  Crying or Very sad

You are not the only ones worrying about her.

Sadly I think she may have a little too much on as she mentioned about her parent still being alive and having to care for them so I think it has taken it's toll on her mentally. Sad

170Todays banner - Page 9 Empty Re: Todays banner Mon Mar 04 2024, 12:39

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

You are not the only ones worrying about her.

Sadly I think she may have a little too much on as she mentioned about her parent still being alive and having to care for them so I think it has taken it's toll on her mentally. Sad
For all our banter, the real world has a habit of turning our worlds upside down. Hope she's ok.

171Todays banner - Page 9 Empty Re: Todays banner Mon Mar 04 2024, 13:34

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
For all our banter, the real world has a habit of turning our worlds upside down. Hope she's ok.
i know just what you mean Boncey, feeling sad as my cousin (only 49) died and his funeral was on Friday. RIP Daniel  Crying or Very sad

172Todays banner - Page 9 Empty Re: Todays banner Mon Mar 04 2024, 13:50

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
i know just what you mean Boncey, feeling sad as my cousin (only 49) died and his funeral was on Friday. RIP Daniel  Crying or Very sad

So true Bonce and sorry about your loss Norpig.

And people get so worked up and angry about what someone random such as me posts on social media...

..dunno..

173Todays banner - Page 9 Empty Re: Todays banner Mon Mar 04 2024, 14:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Life is too short for all this shit so Sluffy i would like to apologise for winding you up on here recently and getting all wound up myself. We won't ever see eye to eye on some things but there are more important things in life to worry about.

Todays banner - Page 9 200.gif?cid=a87a70e6l52c6we73kr10id0s0pptfirhwhylwtg6h6matlv&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200

174Todays banner - Page 9 Empty Re: Todays banner Mon Mar 04 2024, 14:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well said Mr Pig.

175Todays banner - Page 9 Empty Re: Todays banner Mon Mar 04 2024, 15:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Thanks but I never get wound up much in real life and certainly never on social media.

My whole ethos which I've been telling people for years and years is the social media is not real life and should not be treated as real life as most of what is posted is either utter bollocks, lies, fake news or hatred.

That's why I repeatedly tell people not to believe it and to check out the facts for themselves and post so many links to those facts for them to read.

I might as well talk to the nearest brick wall though because nearly everyone does believe what they see and read on social media - that is how the world now is.

It's just going worse and worse.

At the risk of boring you or anyone else I highlight just TWO articles that I've read just today - the first is a quiz -

Have a go at it...

The monthly AI or real quiz: February 2024

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zgg86rd

The second is an article on Trump fake pictures intended to win him the black vote in the Presidential Election.

Its a long read but basically it explains how people are manipulated by what they see and read on social media.

Even if you have no interest in American politics (and you should as it directly effects the world and us) it is very revealing as to what people do to spread the propaganda that people believe - indeed one bloke who is making the fake news says this...

"I'm not claiming it is accurate. I'm not saying, 'Hey, look, Donald Trump was at this party with all of these African American voters. Look how much they love him!'" he said.

"If anybody's voting one way or another because of one photo they see on a Facebook page, that's a problem with that person, not with the post itself."

...or in other words, if you believe what you see and read on social media (or GB News - I've added that just in case W63 reads this!) without checking the facts yourself - then it is YOU who are the IDIOT.

And he's right!

He's told a lie on social media and stupid folk have simply believed what he said as gospel!

Link here

Trump supporters target black voters with faked AI images

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68440150

Anyway sorry about your cousin and I also hope Natasha's wellbeing is as good as it can be.

It's always been real life that counts and NOT social media but scarily social media has unfortunately become a large part of many peoples real lives and they now can't tell the difference between the two.

And that is how the world is now.

176Todays banner - Page 9 Empty Re: Todays banner Mon Mar 04 2024, 21:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:

Sorry to hear this Norpig. 49 is far, far too young.

What was his cause of death if you don't mind me asking?

Daniel never got the chance to get his pension and neither will we if they get to lengthen the age to 71.

I mean who will be employable at the age of 70?

The government are (pardon my language) cunts!

177Todays banner - Page 9 Empty Re: Todays banner Tue Mar 05 2024, 07:58

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He'd had a few issues KP, he'd been diagnosed with aplastic anaemia but was admitted to Hospital with sepsis and pneumonia so he was very very poorly. I was going to go and see him but didn't get the chance which is something i regret.

178Todays banner - Page 9 Empty Re: Todays banner Tue Mar 05 2024, 09:39

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:He'd had a few issues KP, he'd been diagnosed with aplastic anaemia but was admitted to Hospital with sepsis and pneumonia so he was very very poorly. I was going to go and see him but didn't get the chance which is something i regret.

Ah I see. I wondered if it was a heart attack or similar as this seems to be happening to people younger although that isn't the case.

When there is a death there is always guilt left behind which I was told many years ago was a normal part of the process when it is someone that is close to you who has died.

I wouldn't beat yourself up about it mate and just try to let it go.

179Todays banner - Page 9 Empty Re: Todays banner Tue Mar 05 2024, 10:44

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

Ah I see. I wondered if it was a heart attack or similar as this seems to be happening to people younger although that isn't the case.

When there is a death there is always guilt left behind which I was told many years ago was a normal part of the process when it is someone that is close to you who has died.

I wouldn't beat yourself up about it mate and just try to let it go.
Guilt is all part of it. Before he died, Rammy was taking a trip to Woolston Eyes nature reserve with a group of birdwatchers, and, as it's local to me, suggested I might like to join them.
I couldn't make it that particular day, but I was sorry later I didn't put my other appointment on the back burner.
Hindsight is always 20/20. Such is life.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum