Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whites problems 'not tactical' - COYLE

+7
Natasha Whittam
xmiles
Hipster_Nebula
Keegan
bwfc71
doffcocker
Sluffy
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Whites problems 'not tactical' - COYLE - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites problems 'not tactical' - COYLE Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:57 pm

I'm not saying Coyle is without fault, he has plenty.

But can't you accept that once the players step out onto the pitch there is very little he can do if Bogdan is going to spill the ball, Ngog mis-control every pass, and Zat Knight fall over at the wrong moment.

Yes tactics are important, but do the right tactics suddenly make Bogdan catch the ball, Ngog control the ball and Zat Knight stay on his feet? I think not.

22Whites problems 'not tactical' - COYLE - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites problems 'not tactical' - COYLE Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:08 pm

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If N'gog and Knight are doing that often (which they are) then they shouldn't be on the pitch in the first place.

As for Bogdan, I can't fault him in the last 2 months so no blame goes to him for not being able to save all the shots that come at him.

23Whites problems 'not tactical' - COYLE - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites problems 'not tactical' - COYLE Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:10 pm

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's Coyle's job to pick WHICH players 'step out onto the pitch'.
Sure, it's individual errors that cost us the match, but with the right tactics and the right players out there, we would have been on top for a bigger portion of the game, leaving less room for defensive errors to be able to cost us and allowing us to create more chances to score from.

24Whites problems 'not tactical' - COYLE - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites problems 'not tactical' - COYLE Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:11 pm

We'll just have to wait and see. Although i did have a mini rant about the formation choice over weekend i do believe that it is also down to the players as well. There is no reason Bolton didn't win just down to the formation alone like I suggested but if they put in a performance then we are capable of beating teams using 4-4-2. Wigan away earlier this season and Stoke also. if it stays 4-4-2 then they will have buck up their ideas and start grabbing points (hard to see i know). I do believe though we need to be using 4-5-1 to stand a better chance but for some reason i don't see coyle going back to that formation. He obviously doesn't like it.

COYWM!

25Whites problems 'not tactical' - COYLE - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites problems 'not tactical' - COYLE Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:39 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

If you're players aren't performing, you kick their arses, or change the tactics to suit them, after all he bloody well bought them, so should know their strengths. The manager is the man at the top, and even if the players are lazy, useless, etc, why has he defended them all season, instead of getting in amongst them.

26Whites problems 'not tactical' - COYLE - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites problems 'not tactical' - COYLE Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:58 pm

Coyle has a small squad. He can't drop them all, he has to work with what he has.

27Whites problems 'not tactical' - COYLE - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites problems 'not tactical' - COYLE Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:20 pm

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Having a small squad can only excuse so much. There's still an expectation there to do the best with what you've got. I don't think anybody's under the delusion that Coyle was wrong to select each and every one of the eleven players he did. The difference between one player playing and one player not can be the difference between winning the match and losing it.

We're all entitled to our opinion but every so often we have to say 'you're enitled to your opinion, but it's fucking stupid!'. Coyle picking Davies and leaving Muamba out on Saturday is as far as I'm concerned a great example of this, and the same applies to anyone who agrees with him. It's just unforgivable!

28Whites problems 'not tactical' - COYLE - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites problems 'not tactical' - COYLE Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:25 pm

doffcocker wrote:Having a small squad can only excuse so much. There's still an expectation there to do the best with what you've got. I don't think anybody's under the delusion that Coyle was wrong to select each and every one of the eleven players he did. The difference between one player playing and one player not can be the difference between winning the match and losing it.

We're all entitled to our opinion but every so often we have to say 'you're enitled to your opinion, but it's fucking stupid!'. Coyle picking Davies and leaving Muamba out on Saturday is as far as I'm concerned a great example of this, and the same applies to anyone who agrees with him. It's just unforgivable!

Coyle is doing the best he can given the circumstances, unfortunately the players are not. I'm sick of the abuse Owen is getting, when plonkers like Zat Knight earn £40k per week to play like a League 2 defender.

29Whites problems 'not tactical' - COYLE - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites problems 'not tactical' - COYLE Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:23 am

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

So why use 4-4-2 formation when it actually doesn't work for our squad. We get more success from 4-5-1 and yet he reverts back to the losing solutions.

Then again Owen chose the players, and he chose players that were lacklustre with 4-4-2 - drops them brings in fringe players for 4-5-1, we start winning so why go back?

Ultimately any game is down to the manager for mis-management. Everytime I see K Davies in the starting line-up, nowadays, I shudder, as even I know he isn't good enough anymore for a full time role. He should be used as a "super" sub nowadays. Zat Knight is a complete fool and shouldn't even be in the first team - we have lost so many games due to his ineptness, it is unbelievable, but he still gets to play. He will never learn, and as such should be either permanently on the bench, to make up the numbers, or just play in the reserves.

But there again, Owen knows best and c an only do so much right???

30Whites problems 'not tactical' - COYLE - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites problems 'not tactical' - COYLE Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:52 pm

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

So bench Zat and try Ream alongside Wheater. Clearly Zat can't have been told he is shit or he wouldn't be coming out with rallying cries instead of working on his own game which would give the team a massive boost.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum