Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thatcher Dead.

+30
Lyric Todkill
Mr Magoo
gloswhite
wanderlust
Angry Dad
Keegan
aaron_bwfc
Dan 71
Lofty_Love
Copper Dragon
Hip Priest
bwfc71
doffcocker
MartinBWFC
scottjames30
Leeds_Trotter
Sgt. Bash
Triumph
Sluffy
Tigermin
Banks of the Croal
Reebok_Rebel
Spillthebeans
Soul Kitchen
xmiles
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
Bernard Dennis Park
Hipster_Nebula
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 10]

181Thatcher Dead. - Page 10 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Wed Apr 17 2013, 20:56

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Her son seems to carry a lot of Baggage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Thatcher

182Thatcher Dead. - Page 10 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Wed Apr 17 2013, 21:06

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

MartinBWFC wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:I did, thats why I have been offline for most of the day, until the last 30 mins.
Check the side of your house it might have a big fuck off yellow flower on it.

I would keep it, considering its a Banksy, but thats on the otherside of Tower Hamlets, unfortunately - I'm more towards Canary Wharf!

183Thatcher Dead. - Page 10 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Thu Apr 18 2013, 19:49

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Just read that some utter twat from yorkshire is blaming Mrs Thatcher for the lack of white dog shit!! she was he reckons responsible for putting poison in dog food and taking natural stuff out, thus depriving yorkshire of white dog shit in the summer.
They really got it in for her up there.

184Thatcher Dead. - Page 10 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Thu Apr 18 2013, 20:05

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc71 wrote:Nope, but my head was head high in celebration of a magnificent leader - someone that took Britian from the brink of despair, changed from old mutiny unions and a country that was a joke around the world because of the unions and strikes and shoddy workmanship to a country that has to be taken serious and is now Great again!
I guess they wouldn't write what a right **** she was in the History books when you was at school?
Perhaps it said what happened to the North Sea Oil revenue in the same and perhaps explained why all the mines with enough coal for 300 years were flooded? I'd be happy to read the logic behind it but I suspect that's gone forever now?

185Thatcher Dead. - Page 10 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Thu Apr 18 2013, 22:42

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:

We could discuss shit like this all day, but I can't be arsed .

Wanderlust is a Muslim Argentinian, he'd love to debate about the nasty British.
Racist !!!

186Thatcher Dead. - Page 10 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Thu Apr 25 2013, 18:24

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

And the funeral only cost £3.6 mil, money well spent, R.I .P Maggie.

187Thatcher Dead. - Page 10 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Thu Apr 25 2013, 19:43

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Soul Kitchen wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:Nope, but my head was head high in celebration of a magnificent leader - someone that took Britian from the brink of despair, changed from old mutiny unions and a country that was a joke around the world because of the unions and strikes and shoddy workmanship to a country that has to be taken serious and is now Great again!
I guess they wouldn't write what a right **** she was in the History books when you was at school?
Perhaps it said what happened to the North Sea Oil revenue in the same and perhaps explained why all the mines with enough coal for 300 years were flooded? I'd be happy to read the logic behind it but I suspect that's gone forever now?

I wouldn't know as that more recent history wasn't part of the GCSE curriculum when I was taking them in 1988!! But I do know that more mines were closed before and after her reign that what were closed during her reign!!!

188Thatcher Dead. - Page 10 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Thu Apr 25 2013, 21:15

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

As Gary Moore said "a cold day in hell" it will now be since she's turned all the furnaces off! Still at least she won't be seeing Gary perform in the Great Gig In The Sky!

189Thatcher Dead. - Page 10 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Thu Apr 25 2013, 21:34

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:Perhaps it explained why all the mines with enough coal for 300 years were flooded?

In 1983 a sustainability test was carried out by the Coal Board in all the pits in South Yorkshire and Nottingham and the findings were that the vast majority of seams only had a maximum of 20 years worth of coal in them and that long term, coal was no longer a viable source of fuel for the foreseeable future. What made matters worse was that it was actually cheaper for the UK to buy and import coal from Holland and that is exactly what Thatcher did. In order to take on Scargill she needed the police on her side. A review of police pay and conditions had been carried out by the previous Labour government headed by Lord Edmund Davies, a Labour peer. His recommendations to James Callaghan were that the police were woefully underpaid and that the rank and file membership should receive a substantial pay increase. Callaghan at that time was still struggling to come to terms with the ' Winter of Discontent ' and put Davies recommendations on the back burner.

As soon as Thatcher got into power in 1979 she implemented the Edmund Davies recommendations in full. She need the police to help defeat the Unions and a substantial pay rise ensured she had them in her pocket.

She took on the steelworkers of Sheffield and the miners and she brought out a law making secondary picketing illegal. She was determined to put an end to militant unions and when Scargill ( foolishly ) refused to ballot his members on strike action he played into her hands. Coal from Holland had been stockpiled and it was simply a matter of time before the miners were defeated.

Love her or hate her but never forget that she only picked a fight that she knew she would win.

190Thatcher Dead. - Page 10 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Thu Apr 25 2013, 21:48

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

191Thatcher Dead. - Page 10 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Thu Apr 25 2013, 21:51

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chubby Cyril Smith in the background. Very Happy

192Thatcher Dead. - Page 10 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Thu Apr 25 2013, 22:01

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

193Thatcher Dead. - Page 10 Empty Re: Thatcher Dead. Thu Apr 25 2013, 22:45

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:Perhaps it explained why all the mines with enough coal for 300 years were flooded?

In 1983 a sustainability test was carried out by the Coal Board in all the pits in South Yorkshire and Nottingham and the findings were that the vast majority of seams only had a maximum of 20 years worth of coal in them and that long term, coal was no longer a viable source of fuel for the foreseeable future. What made matters worse was that it was actually cheaper for the UK to buy and import coal from Holland and that is exactly what Thatcher did. In order to take on Scargill she needed the police on her side. A review of police pay and conditions had been carried out by the previous Labour government headed by Lord Edmund Davies, a Labour peer. His recommendations to James Callaghan were that the police were woefully underpaid and that the rank and file membership should receive a substantial pay increase. Callaghan at that time was still struggling to come to terms with the ' Winter of Discontent ' and put Davies recommendations on the back burner.

As soon as Thatcher got into power in 1979 she implemented the Edmund Davies recommendations in full. She need the police to help defeat the Unions and a substantial pay rise ensured she had them in her pocket.

She took on the steelworkers of Sheffield and the miners and she brought out a law making secondary picketing illegal. She was determined to put an end to militant unions and when Scargill ( foolishly ) refused to ballot his members on strike action he played into her hands. Coal from Holland had been stockpiled and it was simply a matter of time before the miners were defeated.

Love her or hate her but never forget that she only picked a fight that she knew she would win.

Hear Hear Thatcher Dead. - Page 10 459784477

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum