Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coyle on Soccer AM

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Coyle on Soccer AM Empty Coyle on Soccer AM Sun Apr 21 2013, 11:28

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Just come across this interview with OC on Soccer AM yesterday, for anyone who wants to hear his usual bollocks about why he got sacked.

"I don't think when you are in the game that you reckon you need a break but maybe I did because the last season at Bolton was such a traumatic one," said Coyle, who has also governed Falkirk, St Johnstone and Burnley.

"We had a horrendous injury list, we all know what happened with Fabrice - and it's great to see him looking so well now - and then we got relegated on the last day of the season at Stoke, when two disgraceful goals were allowed to stand.

Ambitious

"But football is the best game in the world, I love what I do and if the right job had come up - I have been lucky to have had about six offers but just didn't feel like they ticked all the boxes - I would have taken it.

"I feel I will be a better manager for the times that I've been through and the next club I go to will get someone ambitious who is determined to reach the heights again."

Coyle believes that, considering the topsy-turvy nature of the Championship, he should have been given more time to try and lift Bolton up the table, but says he harbours no ill-feeling towards the club's hierarchy.

"Two points a game often wins you promotion to the Premier League as either champions or runners-up and so sometimes boards are looking for you to have 10 points from five games," said the ex-Motherwell striker.

"That doesn't always happen and we didn't get that, possibly because of the negativity carrying on from last season, but it is quite easy to win seven or eight games in a row in the Championship.

"Bolton are a wonderful football club and I have a lot of time for their owner Eddie Davies and chairman Phil Gartside and I wish them well in their play-off push under (new manager) Dougie Freedman."

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/tv-shows/soccer-am/news/8656362/owen-coyle-talks-bolton-days-and-future-plans-on-soccer-am-sofa

2Coyle on Soccer AM Empty Re: Coyle on Soccer AM Sun Apr 21 2013, 11:33

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Nice guy.

Shit manager.

Nothing more to be said really.

3Coyle on Soccer AM Empty Re: Coyle on Soccer AM Sun Apr 21 2013, 11:47

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Too nice to be a manager, the players probably took the piss out of him.

4Coyle on Soccer AM Empty Re: Coyle on Soccer AM Sun Apr 21 2013, 12:18

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Good interview, wish him all the best.

5Coyle on Soccer AM Empty Re: Coyle on Soccer AM Sun Apr 21 2013, 12:27

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"it's quite easy to go and win seven or eight games in the championship"