Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Makes you wonder what the hell was going on at the club?

+6
Natasha Whittam
Triumph
Born to be a wanderer
Reebok Trotter
MartinBWFC
Sluffy
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Well it does me anyway - just read this article and in particular the last paragraph.

Ok I know people see things differently and all that but if you have the stuff to hand then why not use it - I mean it wasn't as though the players hadn't got a few hours each week to do the tests - and it is not as though we were winning all the time and didn't need to think of other ways to improve?

So Messers Megson and Coyle - what the hell were you doing?

WANDERERS will today usher in a new era with the appointment of Mark Leather as their new head of sports development.

As The Bolton News revealed at the weekend, the club are looking to completely revamp their medical and sports science department this summer with the departure of several existing staff.

But it has now been confirmed that Leather – one of the integral members of Sam Allardyce’s backroom during the Premier League era – will be the man to front up the wholesale changes.

It is expected that more appointments will be made in the coming weeks, and that the team’s first task will be to address long-term injuries to Mark Davies and David Ngog in an effort to bring them back into first team football as quickly as possible.

Dougie Freedman, speaking for the first time on the back-room changes, admitted he was excited aas he looked ahead.

“This club has had a reputation in the past of being at the very forefront of this kind of thing and the facilities we still have are excellent, so we want to make the very best of that,” he said “Nowadays it is absolutely vital that you get players the right treatment, the right rest, rehabilitation if it is needed, and that every aspect of recovery is done right. That is what I want from here on in.

That isn’t a criticism of how things were done before (Oh I think it is don't you? - Sluffy), just that we are simply going in a different direction.”

Leather was head physiotherapist at Wanderers for three years and also worked at Liverpool, Sunderland, Preston, Burnley, Brighton and Wigan rugby league club.

A life-long Bolton fan who has worked in professional sport for 25 years, Leather was also a trusted member of Allardyce's medical team.

Equipment installed at the club's Euxton-based training ground was comparable with anything else in the country but much of it has remained unused in recent years.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Like I said in another thread, all that stuff was alien to Megson, he obviously preferred running up and down hills, as for Coyle he probably had no idea how to switch the fuckers on.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another positive decision implemented by Dougie.

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

A scandal top of the range equipment collecting dust.Whats Gartside's remit,does he not ask what the fuck Coyle was doing with the stuff seeing that the fat fucker probably wrote out the cheque for it.How badly has the club been run since BSA left.Im off to take some Hard Drugs.

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

No wonder we have so many injuries, criminal!

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Clearly the record for medical care since Allardyce's tenure as been nothing but dreadful - remember Muamba took ill at White Heart Lane with a highly experienced consultant cardiologist just happening to be in the crowd that day.

The diagnosis and recuperation of players like Holden, Lee, Wheater and even Spearing - (Bolton - Spearing, bruised toe - Liverpool - Spearing, toe broken in THREE places!) have been at best a joke!

It dates back as far as Gavin McCann who picked up an injury - and we never ever saw or heard from him again!

What the hell WAS happening at the club?

Did nobody care or what?

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

The fans but we don't count.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ha ha, what a load of bollocks.

I'm all for slagging off managers but you can't blame Coyle or Megson for the amount of injuries or how long players took to heal. And you can't blame them for not knowing how to work machinery.

Do you get the blame if a PC breaks at work?

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

And this sums up what I have been saying over last few years about teh fitness, training and general medical assistance at the club. Would Holden had been out so long under Allardyce's tenure??? There have been so many injuries that have taken longer to rectify and all because Megson and Coyle were not men of sport-sciences!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:And this sums up what I have been saying over last few years about teh fitness, training and general medical assistance at the club. Would Holden had been out so long under Allardyce's tenure??? There have been so many injuries that have taken longer to rectify and all because Megson and Coyle were not men of sport-sciences!

Holden got his treatment in the US....should we blame the yanks for his slow recovery as well?

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:And this sums up what I have been saying over last few years about teh fitness, training and general medical assistance at the club. Would Holden had been out so long under Allardyce's tenure??? There have been so many injuries that have taken longer to rectify and all because Megson and Coyle were not men of sport-sciences!

Holden got his treatment in the US....should we blame the yanks for his slow recovery as well?

Only after being classed as fit by the clubs doctor to play again and lo & behold in his first match back his injury was made worse and thus needed the treatment in the US! Check your history, Natasha!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

Only after being classed as fit by the clubs doctor to play again and lo & behold in his first match back his injury was made worse and thus needed the treatment in the US! Check your history, Natasha!

Show me some respect please.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

Show me some respect please.

I was just advising you to check your history before making any more superfluous comments like in your last comment.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

What was the name of the guy we signed injured and he played maybe three games before we finally released him some 2-3 years later... ? He was still injured when we released him?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:What was the name of the guy we signed injured and he played maybe three games before we finally released him some 2-3 years later... ? He was still injured when we released him?

Sean Davis.

Natasha Whittam wrote:Ha ha, what a load of bollocks.

I'm all for slagging off managers but you can't blame Coyle or Megson for the amount of injuries or how long players took to heal. And you can't blame them for not knowing how to work machinery.

Do you get the blame if a PC breaks at work?

You are wrong.

The long term injuries are more difficult to stop, but strains and pulls are mainly down to conditioning of the players, same goes for how quickly they heal.

You can blame them in as much as they had all the tools but didn't bring in the experts to use them. I doubt there are many premier league clubs who abandoned sports science like we did, really stupid decision IMO but luckily Dougie's going to rectify it.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

You are wrong.

The long term injuries are more difficult to stop, but strains and pulls are mainly down to conditioning of the players, same goes for how quickly they heal.

You can blame them in as much as they had all the tools but didn't bring in the experts to use them. I doubt there are many premier league clubs who abandoned sports science like we did, really stupid decision IMO but luckily Dougie's going to rectify it.

Bollocks. There are more injuries today than there were 30 years ago despite claims that players are much fitter.

It boils down to the fact that the modern day footballer is a ponce and will claim to be injured when he breaks a nail. Nothing a manager can do if Ngog fancies a few weeks back home.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

You are wrong.

Bollocks. There are more injuries today than there were 30 years ago despite claims that players are much fitter.

It boils down to the fact that the modern day footballer is a ponce and will claim to be injured when he breaks a nail. Nothing a manager can do if Ngog fancies a few weeks back home.

What Im saying is based on the facts of sport science.

What you're saying is nonsense.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

I have a PhD in sports science. Do you?

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

I have a PhD in sports science. Do you?

Yes I used to be Head of Sports Science at AC Milan, Im the expert on this forum.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum