Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Favourite toy as a kid?

+8
wanderlust
MartinBWFC
Angry Dad
Natasha Whittam
Michael Bolton
Hip Priest
Copper Dragon
Culcheth_White
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Favourite toy as a kid? Empty Favourite toy as a kid? Sat May 25 2013, 21:11

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

2Favourite toy as a kid? Empty Re: Favourite toy as a kid? Sat May 25 2013, 21:23

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Not a toy but does anyone remember the Commando comics?

I used to get quite emotional inside when any Tommies got killed.

3Favourite toy as a kid? Empty Re: Favourite toy as a kid? Sun May 26 2013, 02:23

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Subbuteo by a mile. We had our own league at school. I remember there was a lad called "Zubby" whose bedroom floor sloped at an angle of about 30 degrees. He was sh1t at subbuteo but it was impossible to win an away game at his house cos he'd mastered the art of playing on his home pitch. A lad called William Williams (whose dad was good mates with Neville Neville, I kid you not) was the biggest cheating ba5tard you have ever seen and if he was losing would do something to cause a distraction and then wind the match clock back. Aaaahh, them were the days.

4Favourite toy as a kid? Empty Re: Favourite toy as a kid? Sun May 26 2013, 03:35

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Subuteo was such a shit game. I wanted to like it, I loved the stuff - the orange footballs, the pitch, the goals with nets and stuff but it was stupid just flicking plastic players about. Jesus Christ.

I liked scalextric best, making a long crazy track, it was class.

5Favourite toy as a kid? Empty Re: Favourite toy as a kid? Sun May 26 2013, 03:44

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I remember playing this cricket game as a kid which was class, a ball would come down a slide and you hit it with your man and the fielders would have a gap to catch the ball. Anyone remember it?

6Favourite toy as a kid? Empty Re: Favourite toy as a kid? Sun May 26 2013, 08:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:I remember playing this cricket game as a kid which was class, a ball would come down a slide and you hit it with your man and the fielders would have a gap to catch the ball. Anyone remember it?

I used to play it to death. Teat Match cricket it was called, my parents still have it in their loft.

Favourite toy as a kid? Pic163918_md
Favourite toy as a kid? Pic525775_md

7Favourite toy as a kid? Empty Re: Favourite toy as a kid? Sun May 26 2013, 10:21

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Yes that's the game, what a great game, that brings back memories. How young do botham and gower look?
But how come you played it Nat? I thought you would be playing with my little pony or cindy dolls?

8Favourite toy as a kid? Empty Re: Favourite toy as a kid? Sun May 26 2013, 17:43

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Mandy McHale's Tits she lived next door played with her a lot.

9Favourite toy as a kid? Empty Re: Favourite toy as a kid? Sun May 26 2013, 17:48

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Played with my knob a lot more though.

10Favourite toy as a kid? Empty Re: Favourite toy as a kid? Sun May 26 2013, 18:47

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Angry Dad wrote:Played with my knob a lot more though.
Just as I thought, you're a wanker:D

11Favourite toy as a kid? Empty Re: Favourite toy as a kid? Sun May 26 2013, 19:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I made a catapult with a rubber band off a carpet roll and then got lead strips out of the glass from the tip. When I rolled up the lead strips and fired them, they'd unravel as they flew threw the air. Range about 100 yds.
Didn't really have much in the way of toys, apart from a train set that my kid brother demolished on Xmas day but was happy as larry playing footie, making dens and tree houses, rope swings, lighting fires and warring with other gangs of kids.
It was idyllic until I discovered girls.

12Favourite toy as a kid? Empty Re: Favourite toy as a kid? Mon May 27 2013, 19:05

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Subbuteo was top drawer in our house, had football and rugby.

13Favourite toy as a kid? Empty Re: Favourite toy as a kid? Mon May 27 2013, 21:58

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Conkers - used to get them from Conkers R Us

Racing lolly sticks down the gutter after it rained

Picking tar out from between the cobbles when it got hot and the tar bubbled up

14Favourite toy as a kid? Empty Re: Favourite toy as a kid? Mon May 27 2013, 22:33

ROGUEMANNY

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Tomy Tronic . I had the Red one the white one and the blue one. One of these was a racing car one and I went through batteries after batteries.

Also I had an electric football game.. Can't remember the name but it was a posh mini table football and you could move the players up and down so could dribble the ball

15Favourite toy as a kid? Empty Re: Favourite toy as a kid? Mon May 27 2013, 22:43

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Think with us it was mostly about making and using what was available to hand.

Making a trolley out of few bits of wood and some old pram wheels.
A raft out of some empty oil barrels with pieces of wood tied across.
Sliding down the coal hills on a upturned car bonnet from the scrap yard.
Egging, although now i know better, wish i'd never done that one.
Knock a door run, Penny for the Guy, making Banger guns out metal tubing, Stretch, Knuckles, Swimming in places like The Blue Lagoon, Starmount.

Collecting Cigarette Packets, Conkers and Marbles, playing with Air Guns,Rifles, Catapults, Slings and Chinese Arrows, never short of anything to do.

But my favourite would have to be playing Football another game we liked playing was Monopoly .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum