Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Championship Teams for 2013-14 Confirmed: Relegation? Promotion?

+14
rammywhite
Michael Bolton
aaron_bwfc
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
Culcheth_White
Boggersbelief
NickFazer
Soul Kitchen
scottjames30
Keegan
Natasha Whittam
Bernard Dennis Park
JakeSnake
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

JakeSnake

David Lee
David Lee

The teams who will be in the championship next season have now been confirmed who outta this lot will get relegated or promoted and what will our beloved Bolton do

Barnsley
Birmingham
Blackburn
Blackpool
Bolton
Bournemouth
Brighton
Burnley
Charlton
Derby
Doncaster
Huddersfield
Ipswich
Leeds
Leicester
Middlesbrough
Millwall
Nottingham Forest
QPR
Reading
Sheffield Weds
Watford
Wigan
Yeovil

Personally, promotion: Brighton, Wigan and Leicester
Relegation: Yeovil, Millwall and Sheffield Weds
Bolton: Play-Offs semi
What are your thoughts

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We are going up as champions.

Don't care about the rest.

Hopefully Wigan, Blackburn and Burnley go down though.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wigan will be the team to beat, they are retaining the majority of their squad.

QPR are a farce, but they can't get rid of everyone so will have some good players at Championship level - not sure Harry is the man to manage them mind.

As things stand, with this defence and strikers that can't score, I think we're a mid table team at best.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

We are going to be promoted automatically when the smoke clears. Difficult to say what the other teams will look like until the transfer window closes though.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we'll do ok tbh, I think if we can get a good start we can get a top two finish, it'll be hard but DF will be up for it and know how to get to the top.

I'm looking forwards to next season tbh.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Scott uve sed play off semis then second, had a change of heart?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:Scott uve sed play off semis then second, had a change of heart?
Did I ?

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Too early to say, if Martinez goes Wigan could have a difficult time although Whelan knows how to pick a manager, QPR and Reading will be up their with ourselves Forest, Blackburn and Leicester. Should be interesting, can't wait to get started.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Champions - Bolton
Second - Wigan
Play off winners - Charlton.

Relegation - Yeovil, Bournemouth and barnsley

WIgan have the Europa League to worry about too, that's a load more games and travelling. If they lose Martinez they've had it IMO, but even if he stays I can only see play offs for them.

Forest and Watford will be strong and strengthen a fair bit.

Brighton will have to appoint a new manager if Poyet does go so no idea how strong they'll be.

And QPR are all over the place, but as it stands they could still have Remy who will destroy this division, and Tarabbt is effective at this level.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:WIgan have the Europa League to worry about too, that's a load more games and travelling. If they lose Martinez they've had it IMO, but even if he stays I can only see play offs for them.

Forest and Watford will be strong and strengthen a fair bit.

Brighton will have to appoint a new manager if Poyet does go so no idea how strong they'll be.

And QPR are all over the place, but as it stands they could still have Remy who will destroy this division, and Tarabbt is effective at this level.

Hopefully rapist remy gets locked up

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

JakeSnake wrote:The teams who will be in the championship next season have now been confirmed who outta this lot will get relegated or promoted and what will our beloved Bolton do

Barnsley
Birmingham
Blackburn
Blackpool
Bolton
Bournemouth
Brighton
Burnley
Charlton
Derby
Doncaster
Huddersfield
Ipswich
Leeds
Leicester
Middlesbrough
Millwall
Nottingham Forest
QPR
Reading
Sheffield Weds
Watford
Wigan
Yeovil

Personally, promotion: Brighton, Wigan and Leicester
Relegation: Yeovil, Millwall and Sheffield Weds
Bolton: Play-Offs semi
What are your thoughts
I think we have a great chance of automatic promotion, so I'll say us and Reading as automatic.

I expect Forest, Watford, QPR and maybe Wigan to make up the rest of the playoff spots. Wigan also have the Europa to play in, which should cause them even bigger problems.

Personally, I think QPR & Wigan will have a big reality check in this League, as we did and I think it might take them some time to adjust.

I think Burnley, Yeovil and Millwall will go down.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:Scott uve sed play off semis then second, had a change of heart?
Did I ?
Would appear so!!

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don know why a few of you are backing watford, they'll lose all their star players as they're loans.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:
Did I ?
Would appear so!!
Show me.

Boggersbelief wrote:I don know why a few of you are backing watford, they'll lose all their star players as they're loans.

The owners won't just give up, they'll loan them more players and make some of the current ones permanent. They'll be strong again next year.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

QPR favourites for the title.

We are fourth favourites

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

bwfc1874 wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:I don know why a few of you are backing watford, they'll lose all their star players as they're loans.

The owners won't just give up, they'll loan them more players and make some of the current ones permanent. They'll be strong again next year.

There is proposed action being taken in the summer to stop the way Watford have used the loan system this season just finished. -

Watford's nursery club system will be blocked by the Football League next season.

League bosses are determined to protect the integrity of their competition after Watford flooded their squad with loan players.

In an attempt to prevent Watford owner Gino Pozzo, who has stakes in Udinese in Italy and Granada in Spain, exploiting the system next season, the League will impose severe restrictions on signings.

League clubs are allowed unlimited access to loan players, they can name only five on the teamsheet.

But that limit does not apply to foreign players and Watford have exploited the rule as they attempt to win promotion to the Barclays Premier League.

The Hertfordshire club, third in the Championship under Gianfranco Zola, have 11 players on loan, seven of them internationals.

League clubs are being urged to vote against the strategy at their annual meeting this summer.

Watford have seven players on loan from Udinese and two from Granada as well as Nathaniel Chalobah (Chelsea) and Geoffrey Bia (Standard Liege).

The Football League fear the system is being abused and Watford are being turned into a nursery club by their owners.

In an attempt to discourage others, the League will also tighten the rules on sell-on clauses next season to stop those wanting to get round loan deals by signing players on free transfers and agreeing ‘100 per cent’ sell-on clauses. They intend to pass a motion that a selling club must receive at least 50 per cent of the transfer fee.

The League were taken by surprise last summer when Watford began to fill their squad with signings from Pozzo’s two Continental clubs. Joel Ekstrand (Sweden), Bia (Belgium), Marco Cassetti (Italy), Almen Abdi (Switzerland) and Matej Vydra and Daniel Pudil (both Czech Republic) have all been capped.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Watford aren't allowed sign players until next January due to a transfer embargo. So will probably go into the new season with about 15 players.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Champions Bolton
2nd Wigan
Play Off Winners Reading

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum: