Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Charlie Austin.

+21
Culcheth_White
BoltonTillIDie
CAMPO
Michael Bolton
doffcocker
Dinae Moe Humm
wessy
Boggersbelief
waynagain
Soul Kitchen
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok_Rebel
aaron_bwfc
wanderlust
Copper Dragon
Triumph
Jamster26
Natasha Whittam
JohannesburgWanderer
scottjames30
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

61Charlie Austin. - Page 4 Empty Re: Charlie Austin. Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:07 am

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If I was a Burnley fan, I would want Austin to stay put. He's guaranteed to score goals for them next season and his value has no doubt plummeted due to his failed medical at Hull.

I can't imagine another club splashing a couple of million on Austin now, so the financial aspect for Burnley shouldn't be too bad, If he decides to leave on a Bosman at the end of next season.

I'd like to know what is actually wrong with Austin's knee, is it some kind of degenerative condition? Or is it an injury?

62Charlie Austin. - Page 4 Empty Re: Charlie Austin. Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:13 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If a club would have to gamble on Austin's injury they would be unlikely to risk enough to make it worthwhile for Burnley to sell, so it's odds on he'll stay IMO.

63Charlie Austin. - Page 4 Empty Re: Charlie Austin. Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:53 am

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Big money deals like this usually fail as the buying club is unable to get insurance because of the injury problem.

64Charlie Austin. - Page 4 Empty Re: Charlie Austin. Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:30 am

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He'd be a fool not to sign at least a year extension unless another Premier League club come in with the asking price and an all clear on the knee.

He wanted to play at Morecambe just hours after the failed medical but Dyche gave him the match off, so it's not as though he's sulking. The man has had a proper job in his life so I think his head will be right and he'll just get on with it.

When he scores a goal his main goal celebration is to slide on his knees, so it'll be interesting to see if he stops doing that. Wink 

65Charlie Austin. - Page 4 Empty Re: Charlie Austin. Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:54 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:He'd be a fool not to sign at least a year extension unless another Premier League club come in with the asking price and an all clear on the knee.

He wanted to play at Morecambe just hours after the failed medical but Dyche gave him the match off, so it's not as though he's sulking.  The man has had a proper job in his life so I think his head will be right and he'll just get on with it.

When he scores a goal his main goal celebration is to slide on his knees, so it'll be interesting to see if he stops doing that. Wink 

I think the asking price is out of the window now, so the question for me is what would Burnley do if someone offered say £2 million? Would that be sufficient to capture the identified targets? If not, would Austin be happy to stay? - he must surely recognise that he won't get a big money transfer whilst there are doubts over his condition so maybe he'd be OK with it.
I'd have thought that the club would have wanted him to stay anyway, but they clearly didn't make an acceptable offer or he wouldn't have gone to Hull for a medical in the first place.
I think that there has to be a re-evaluation of his worth as clubs wold have to pay a substantial premium to insure him - and maybe there is a compromise figure that would be acceptable to all parties?

66Charlie Austin. - Page 4 Empty Re: Charlie Austin. Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:08 pm

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The transfer window doesn't close until the end of August Wanderlust so anything can happen yet.

If he has a good pre-season where he remains fit, his knee is looked into and given the all clear and he scores a few in the August league games then another Premier League club will be in for him for £4.5 million.

Edit - 'I'd have thought that the club would have wanted him to stay anyway, but they clearly didn't make an acceptable offer or he wouldn't have gone to Hull for a medical in the first place'

He made it clear that he wanted to play in the Premier League so it didn't matter what we offered him. That's why the likes of Forest were overlooked.

67Charlie Austin. - Page 4 Empty Re: Charlie Austin. Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:30 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:The transfer window doesn't close until the end of August Wanderlust so anything can happen yet.

If he has a good pre-season where he remains fit, his knee is looked into and given the all clear and he scores a few in the August league games then another Premier League club will be in for him for £4.5 million.

Edit - 'I'd have thought that the club would have wanted him to stay anyway, but they clearly didn't make an acceptable offer or he wouldn't have gone to Hull for a medical in the first place'

He made it clear that he wanted  to play in the Premier League so it didn't matter what we offered him. That's why the likes of Forest were overlooked.

I'd be surprised if having failed the medical at Hull, he was then passed by another club. Surely they all do pretty much the same tests?

68Charlie Austin. - Page 4 Empty Re: Charlie Austin. Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:41 pm

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Yes I would have thought so, but Hull are a club that signed the crock Jimmy Bullard for over £5 million and he was constantly injured for them.

So they will understandably be overly cautious with any big money signings.

I'm going to wait for the second opinion on his knee before I comment on where he will end up.

69Charlie Austin. - Page 4 Empty Re: Charlie Austin. Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:03 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:Yes I would have thought so, but Hull are a club that signed the crock Jimmy Bullard for over £5 million and he was constantly injured for them.

I'm going to wait for the second opinion on his knee before I comment on where he will end up.

I wouldn't be surprised if you received a couple of cheeky bids around the £2 to £2.5 million mark now.

70Charlie Austin. - Page 4 Empty Re: Charlie Austin. Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:01 pm

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reading and Forest both want Austin for a snip at £2 million. It will be interesting to see what Burnley do.

71Charlie Austin. - Page 4 Empty Re: Charlie Austin. Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:23 pm

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd still like to have him...

72Charlie Austin. - Page 4 Empty Re: Charlie Austin. Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:30 am

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I'd still like to have him...
Wait until his next Charlie boost and he may let you.

73Charlie Austin. - Page 4 Empty Re: Charlie Austin. Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:24 am

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No

74Charlie Austin. - Page 4 Empty Re: Charlie Austin. Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:36 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Copper Dragon wrote:Yes I would have thought so, but Hull are a club that signed the crock Jimmy Bullard for over £5 million and he was constantly injured for them.

I wouldn't be surprised if you received a couple of cheeky bids around the £2 to £2.5 million mark now.

DAILY STAR: Reading are set to make a cut-price bid of £2.5m for Burnley striker Charlie Austin, who failed a medical at Hull City this week.

Also, Demba Ba available for £7 million but imagine his wages would be high and would prefer to be in Prem - Villa are sniffing round.

75Charlie Austin. - Page 4 Empty Re: Charlie Austin. Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:27 pm

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:

DAILY STAR: .

I read the Beano.

76Charlie Austin. - Page 4 Empty Re: Charlie Austin. Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:59 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

DAILY STAR: .

I read the Beano.

I just look at the pictures.
Weirdly, everything we said yesterday about this seems to be coming to pass, so I guess we'll actually find out what BFC will do about it rather than having to speculate.

77Charlie Austin. - Page 4 Empty Re: Charlie Austin. Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:32 pm

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Well we're in Ireland at the minute so nothing will be done quickly, it'll be a long runner if there is anything running.

We play Cork on Monday so let's see if Austin plays on one leg. :footy: 

78Charlie Austin. - Page 4 Empty Re: Charlie Austin. Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:47 am

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Why don't we do a straight swap with Burnley? Sordell and Austin?

79Charlie Austin. - Page 4 Empty Re: Charlie Austin. Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:42 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:Why don't we do a straight swap with Burnley? Sordell and Austin?
The question for me is whether Sordell will sort his head out and eventually fulfill his potential or not. If he does, he'll become a valuable asset instead of the waste of space he was last season. Austin is clearly a short-term solution based on one good season, whereas Sordell has years ahead of him.

80Charlie Austin. - Page 4 Empty Re: Charlie Austin. Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:32 pm

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think Sordell and or Ngog will be on their way if Freedman cannot find a way of playing to suit their strengths, particularly Sordell who also needs to prove his head is in the right place. Craig Davies for me doesn't seem to be up to it although at this stage I might be jumping the gun and am happy to be proved wrong and Eaves and the new guy are unknown quantities, IMO we desperately need a proven Championship striker a la Austin or Beckford. Rhodes is a pipedream.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum