Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Womens football - what is the point?

+9
Michael Bolton
Boggersbelief
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
Norpig
Copper Dragon
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Womens football - what is the point? Empty Womens football - what is the point? Tue Jul 16 2013, 00:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Caught a bit of the women’s football on TV earlier - God what a farce.

I'm not old school or male chauvinist or anything but the quality of the game - the poor control, passing, shooting - just about everything really - was so crap.

I bet you could put any old football conference side against our national ladies team and they would batter them.

I'm all for equality and all that but physically in terms of power, speed and aggression the women just can't match the men.

Is there only me that thinks watching a women’s football game is just a waste of an evening?

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have tried to watch it in the past but like you have already pointed out, there's not much skill and entertainment involved.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I reckon that I could do something with that Fara Williams.

She'd probably hurt me a bit but I would show her how to pass a ball 30 yards.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

the standard has improved in the last few years believe it or not, apart from the keepers!

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I saw about 5mins of the opening match of the euros and turned it off, it's terrible and IMO the only reason the bbc are putting it on is because they think it might still be slightly popular from the Olympics last year.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well if you put it like that whats the point of any female sport.

yet again peoples problem with female sport is they compare it to the men.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Bouncing boobies.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Well if you put it like that whats the point of any female sport.

yet again peoples problem with female sport is they compare it to the men.

Always have to be different don't you.

Women cannot play football, end of. I can't think of any sport in which women are the better sex

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yet again you're comparing it to men.

It's not "different" it's just the truth.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I love women's football, it's always good for a laugh. I love this clip of andy gray and Richard keys:

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

And my favourite women's football moment 

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Women are entitled to play footy if they want to. I find it quite entertaining and if it is on television, clearly I am not alone in this opinion. Don't like it, don't watch it.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I have enjoyed watching the women's Euro's, some of the games have been entertaining, good standard generally and without all the arguing, shirt pulling and general cheating that we are so, so familiar with in the mens game. Well done ladies, keep up the good work.

BTW I see that Keys and Gray have turned up in Saudi Arabia or somewhere that their anti female bigoted opinions will go down a storm. Biggest pair of wankers ever.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

NickFazer wrote:I have enjoyed watching the women's Euro's, some of the games have been entertaining, good standard generally and without all the arguing, shirt pulling and general cheating that we are so, so familiar with in the mens game. Well done ladies, keep up the good work.

BTW I see that Keys and Gray have turned up in Saudi Arabia or somewhere that their anti female bigoted opinions will go down a storm. Biggest pair of wankers ever.

:agree: 

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Keegan wrote:Women are entitled to play footy if they want to. I find it quite entertaining and if it is on television, clearly I am not alone in this opinion. Don't like it, don't watch it.
I agree, what does amuse me is when they think they know anything about it. We have one on here(?) and that stupid cow on Bolton News who think they are female versions of Siralex, deluded attention seekers!

Watched a bit of the England match yesterday and have to say the standard was appalling.

Watching the Italy v Sweden match now and it's quite good, being played at a much higher tempo than England so makes up a bit for the lack of quality.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum