Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What will be your starting 11 with the squad you now have?

+7
Dinae Moe Humm
Norpig
wanderlust
Copper Dragon
aaron_bwfc
Boggersbelief
Michael Bolton
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Obviously now that I am a Chelsea fan I am not quite so aware of who Bolton have signed this summer. 

What would be the current starting 11? Does it look any good?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why are you bothered?

Bogdan
Baptiste - knight - wheater - tierney
Hall - Holden - medo -Chung 
Eagles
Beckford

(not a team that is good enough for promotion)

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Bogdan

Baptise.....Wheater...Ream...Tierney

Eagles...Medo...Holden...Lee

......Eaves....Beckford...

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bogdan
Mears
Baptiste
Dawson
Tierney
Spearing
Medo
Holden
Eagles
Lee
Rhodes

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I like your optimism on that starting 11 Copper.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

aaron_bwfc wrote:I like your optimism on that starting 11 Copper.

What do you mean, haven't you signed Dawson, Spearing and Rhodes yet? Very Happy 

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

CD you ruined that lineup with the inclusion of mears

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:CD you ruined that lineup with the inclusion of mears

You are joking Boggers.

That Cafu the Brazilian fella has nowt on Mears.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Boggers team is close to what Dougie would want. Hall seems to have impressed.
If that's the case I agree it doesn't look like a championship winning side at the moment - lightweight is the term that comes to mind, but there's plenty of talent in there that could come good.
I'd be disappointed if Ngog and Sordell don't feature. We payed a lot of money for those two and it's about time they started to hit some form and begin to pay it back - there's no way we can move forward as a club with too many passengers.
I have a sneaky feeling Gregus may make an appearance this season although I don't think we have actually signed him as yet. Mavies to return mid-season.
It's the basis of a decent team but if our money is tied up - preventing us from investing in proven players like Spearing, Dawson and Rhodes (whose inclusion would make us real contenders) - then those on the books will have to step up and Dougie will have to get them performing to their potential or move them on asap.
With the fixtures we have in the first couple of months I can see Dougie coming under a lot of pressure with this lot.
In not spending, it's looking like a a real gamble ATM and a repeat of last season's scenario with OC is not out of the question.
Incredibly, the bookies still have us as something like 3rd favourites and I think that's highly optimistic as things stand with this squad, so I'm hoping they'll prove me wrong.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i still think there will be one or two incomings, Moritz if he signs would probably start and please god get Spearing back, we could then push Holden further forward.

Dinae Moe Humm

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

----------Ngog
Eagles---Mavies-----Lee
-----Holden----Medo
Tierney-Wheater-?--Baptiste
----------Bogdan

I've put a question mark in because I reckon we need a CB.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I personally think your best line up right now is:
-------------------Bogdan
Baptiste-----Wheater-----Knight----Tierney
Eagles-------Holden------Medo-----Lee
----------Beckford----N'Gog

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I won't be happy with Bogdan in goal tbh, he has mental issues and clearly can only impress in training, a match is totally different for him , he cant compose himself as a goalkeeper under pressure .

We all know Knight is a headless chicken when the ball is played at speed on the floor.

Holden wont be in the team because of an injury ( I HOPE I'M WRONG).

Lee has not impressed me of late, infact he's not been the same player since that twat broke his leg (in a friendly ).

Eagles is the only player i'm happy with in the team at the moment.

Ngog might impress this time round but I doubt it, lets hope that Beckford turns out to be the main man.

Time will tell but we need a few more quality players to get a result against Burnley imo.

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Why are we picking Bogdan? No one wanted him towards the end of last season. Dont forget it's what 'Your' starting line up would be.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Triumph wrote:Why are we picking Bogdan? No one wanted him towards the end of last season. Dont forget it's what 'Your' starting line up would be.

A few vociferous people made it clear they didn't want Bogdan (or Knight for that matter) towards the end of the season, but both had improved as the season went on IMO and personally I don't have a problem with either given the alternatives at our disposal.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Michael Bolton wrote:Obviously now that I am a Chelsea fan I am not quite so aware of who Bolton have signed this summer. 

Ffs stop this chelski pretence shit and behave yourself!!

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lonergan.
Baps.
Wheater.
?(in need of).
Tierney.
Eagles.
Mavies/Holden/Pratley.
Medo.
Lee.
Beckford.
CD/Rhodes/a goal scorer.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Soul Kitchen wrote:
Michael Bolton wrote:Obviously now that I am a Chelsea fan I am not quite so aware of who Bolton have signed this summer. 

But I am not joking, I seriously am more interested in Chelsea than Bolton. I love Jose Mourinho, I really enjoy watching Chelsea and go nuts when they score. I have liked Chelsea for quite a few years now, a lot of my friends know I really like Chelsea.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:

But I am not joking, I seriously am more interested in Chelsea than Bolton. I love Jose Mourinho, I really enjoy watching Chelsea and go nuts when they score. I have liked Chelsea for quite a few years now, a lot of my friends know I really like Chelsea.

Do you think you'll get Rooney Mike ?

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think so yes. United seem to be pushing him out, he has twice requested a move so clearly doesn't want to be there, he was disappointing last season. But I think United will want top whack for him, like £40m minimum. 
Chelsea's team looks awesome right now and really young too. Oscar 21, Mata 25, Schurrle 22, Hazard 22, Van Ginkel 20, Lukaku 20, Luiz 26, Ramires 26.
I can't wait for the Premier League to start.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum