Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

We Are Shit

+11
terenceanne
aaron_bwfc
wanderlust
Triumph
scottjames30
MartinBWFC
bwfc71
Soul Kitchen
Boggersbelief
observer
Natasha Whittam
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21We Are Shit - Page 2 Empty Re: We Are Shit Mon Jul 29 2013, 11:47

terenceanne wrote:Nat has uttered words of wisdom ....  I agree 100%

The various daft on here keep saying "it'll be alright on the night" but I see us no beter than a mid-table outfit at best.

Doogie......same as OC .....says the right things, seems like a nice enough bloke.....nowt on the pitch though.

As I've asked you before, please show me where anybody has said 'it will be alright on the night' or words to that effect. Not making snap judgements from training games is very different from that. 

Nowt on the pitch? Did you watch any of last season, I really wonder about Bolton fans sometimes.

22We Are Shit - Page 2 Empty Re: We Are Shit Mon Jul 29 2013, 11:49

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:Nat has uttered words of wisdom ....  I agree 100%

The various daft on here keep saying "it'll be alright on the night" but I see us no beter than a mid-table outfit at best.

Doogie......same as OC .....says the right things, seems like a nice enough bloke.....nowt on the pitch though.

I agree.

as long as you ignore all the evidence so far he's been a massive failure.

23We Are Shit - Page 2 Empty Re: We Are Shit Mon Jul 29 2013, 12:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Hi Nat.
Well the thread title would appear to be correct looking at the pre-season games. We are shit and really don't look like promotion contenders so we might as well accept that we aren't going to be doing anything this season. I'm going to Burnley fully expecting to watch my beloved team get humiliated.
Such a refreshing approach will help us laugh it off when we get tonked every game for the first few months.

It could have been avoided. You don't need to spend big bucks to freshen up your defence.

I reckon Doogie was so obsessed with signing Dawson he didn't have a plan B when it went tits up.

It's going to be a long season, I can't see me making many positive posts.

I don't know the reason why Dougie didn't get his targets as yet, but as far as I recall he said he wouldn't be able to get Dawson from Day 1. The latest article (albeit Iles) suggests that due to the Financial Fair Play regulations, we have to sell before we can recruit - and that Dougie's still looking.

I'm just hoping that Andrews and Mills go asap and there's sufficient time to bring in some bodies.

That said, now that we know we are destined to be a mid-table side at best - doesn't it take the pressure off?

24We Are Shit - Page 2 Empty Re: We Are Shit Mon Jul 29 2013, 12:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The fact he's trying to offload Andrews despite him being first choice midfielder says everything about the state of Doogie's squad.

We're going to line up on Saturday with Wheater, Andrews, Pratley & Sordell - all shit and all signed by Coyle. The fact Doogie hasn't been able to find anyone better says it all really.

25We Are Shit - Page 2 Empty Re: We Are Shit Mon Jul 29 2013, 12:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Andrews? First choice midfielder? Where did that come from?

26We Are Shit - Page 2 Empty Re: We Are Shit Mon Jul 29 2013, 12:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Andrews? First choice midfielder? Where did that come from?

Pre-season.

27We Are Shit - Page 2 Empty Re: We Are Shit Mon Jul 29 2013, 12:31

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Andrews currently first choice as at the moment he's all we've got! Vela must be carrying a knock as he has not featured in recent games and young Gregus is yet untried and unlikely to be thrown in at the deep end.

28We Are Shit - Page 2 Empty Re: We Are Shit Mon Jul 29 2013, 12:32

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We're struggling for numbers and we've not even kicked a ball in a competitive game yet.

29We Are Shit - Page 2 Empty Re: We Are Shit Mon Jul 29 2013, 12:34

Andrews will play in a midfield 3, anything else will be Pratley and Medo.

30We Are Shit - Page 2 Empty Re: We Are Shit Mon Jul 29 2013, 12:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barryjw wrote:Andrews currently first choice as at the moment he's all we've got! Vela must be carrying a knock as he has not featured in recent games and young Gregus is yet untried and unlikely to be thrown in at the deep end.

Doogie has had all Summer to sort out midfield and defence. He's failed miserably.

The clubs that will top the league come Christmas will be those that bought early and gave the new players 4 or 5 pre-season games to bed-in.

It's not rocket science is it.

31We Are Shit - Page 2 Empty Re: We Are Shit Mon Jul 29 2013, 12:35

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Barryjw wrote:Andrews currently first choice as at the moment he's all we've got! Vela must be carrying a knock as he has not featured in recent games and young Gregus is yet untried and unlikely to be thrown in at the deep end.

Doogie has had all Summer to sort out midfield and defence. He's failed miserably.

The clubs that will top the league come Christmas will be those that bought early and gave the new players 4 or 5 pre-season games to bed-in.

It's not rocket science is it.

So exactly what we did then..

cheers

32We Are Shit - Page 2 Empty Re: We Are Shit Mon Jul 29 2013, 12:36

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Eagles, Andrews, Medo, Pratley , Hall.

Could that be our Midfield with Ngog up front all on his own ?

33We Are Shit - Page 2 Empty Re: We Are Shit Mon Jul 29 2013, 12:37

I'd be pretty disappointed if that was our midfield to be fair, not enough creativity through the middle.

34We Are Shit - Page 2 Empty Re: We Are Shit Mon Jul 29 2013, 12:39

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:I'd be pretty disappointed if that was our midfield to be fair, not enough creativity through the middle.

He has to play Eagles centre, but Lees not fit ?

35We Are Shit - Page 2 Empty Re: We Are Shit Mon Jul 29 2013, 12:42

Boggers suggested playing Odelusi/Lester left side and Eagles centre, hopefully Dougie opts for one of them because don't fancy starting with Medo, Pratley and Andrews.

36We Are Shit - Page 2 Empty Re: We Are Shit Mon Jul 29 2013, 12:53

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Due to our lack of numbers I expect the same as most on here Hall, Medo, Andrews, Pratley and Eagles. Perm any one from four up front but would be amazed if Eggnog features due to his lack of match fitness. Friday night demonstrated the lack of guile in midfield and Andrews patrolling in front of the back four showed little as we all expected. It's all very well trading the dead wood but you've still got to find a mug to take them off your hands.

37We Are Shit - Page 2 Empty Re: We Are Shit Mon Jul 29 2013, 12:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barryjw wrote: It's all very well trading the dead wood but you've still got to find a mug to take them off your hands.

We don't need to sell them, just drop them.

38We Are Shit - Page 2 Empty Re: We Are Shit Mon Jul 29 2013, 13:08

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Barryjw wrote: It's all very well trading the dead wood but you've still got to find a mug to take them off your hands.

We don't need to sell them, just drop them.

We need to sell them to bring in new players, Mills is on £25,000 a week, Andrews on £20,0000 and Mears about the same. We're playing shit players big money, the board don't want to part with more whilst we're wasting money on this lot or they can't because of FFP.

39We Are Shit - Page 2 Empty Re: We Are Shit Mon Jul 29 2013, 13:12

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

The logic is bewildering! scratch

40We Are Shit - Page 2 Empty Re: We Are Shit Mon Jul 29 2013, 13:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
We need to sell them to bring in new players, Mills is on £25,000 a week, Andrews on £20,0000 and Mears about the same. We're playing shit players big money, the board don't want to part with more whilst we're wasting money on this lot or they can't because of FFP.

Doesn't stop you dropping them and playing the youngsters. Can Hayden White be any worse than Mears?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum